Dr. A ♥ O

No no no no!!! He's being stationed in Gaza!!!

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Olivia ~ Even tho Idaho is not so far away, I wish you were closer to me (F) You can call me anytime! You and your husband are in the homestretch and will be together soon (L)

"No weapon formed against thee shall prosper."

~ Isaiah 54:17

Edited by Henna Rose

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

i think its bread into them from birth to be protectors and fighters. fight for what they feel is right...fight for their country, fight for their religion. protect their country...protect their family...wife...kids. its just who they are. my husband told me once if america ever attacted syria he would have to go there and wouldnt live in a place who is attacking his home. it hurt me very much that he was willing to leave me for a stupid country but thats what he is. so i think ur husband is just supporting what he feels is right. i know it hurts u thinking he put u on the back burner but dont feel that way. easier said then done i know.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It sounds like he has a heart of gold. The problem is that you don't deserve any more stress.

I'm sorry Olivia. I wish there was something I could say to ease your heavy heart, but it would only be words.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow Olivia. What a surprise. I hope you two will get to be together and his time in Rafa will be short.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So sorry for the unexpected news, Olivia!

You have all our prayers and positive thoughts...! (F) (F) (F)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Olivia... Hugs.. I can understand how hard it is for the two of you .. especially looking forward to a bit of light at the edge of the storm.. .. just remember his heart is of gold.. which you have ... keep positive...

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
He said it's Rafa on Gaza Strip & that he volunteered for it after his senior doctor and another doctor volunteered for it. I don't know what he was thinking. He did this to me two years ago when Israel was bombing Lebanon. He wanted to go help then and now he really is going to help. He says he will do good work. He also said it won't affect his release date. I don't know how this will affect me going to Egypt this summer. Lets hope it doesn't. :( Ack. I have to get ready for classes now.

WOW he sounds like someone you should be so PROUD of ...

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I also wanted to add that I know the feeling in some small way. Before my husband went to Uk then came here he was in Pakistan. He was a photojournalist he had to cover the tribal areas, the protests , different things that put him in very dangerous situations. So I know its hard.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good need someone to step up and help brothers and sisters out finally.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

OLIVIA (F)

I pray for him to be safe and for you to be reunited ASAP

It is very admirable of him to volunteer although I know how upset you must be.

I pray GOD watches over him.

Really, he will be helping the people there, he is brave, he is smart, I feel he will be well protected since it's his duty to help people.

Inshallah, Israel is done dropping bombs now... and I don't think they want to spread themselves thin by creating further tensions with Egypt as well.

I pray for peace,

Mariah

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've been following the news there each day. I didn't want to say anything about it when I read this but no one is safe until it's over.

Israelis shell hospitals and UN HQ

Friday, January 16, 2009

00:40 Mecca time, 21:40 GMT

Three hospitals and a UN compound have been bombed by Israel as troops continue to advance into the densely-populated Gaza City.

Around 500 people were sheltering in the Al-Quds hospital in the city's southwestern Tal Al-Hawa district when it was bombed by Israeli jets and set ablaze on Thursday morning.

Hospital officials said the fire was sparked by a "phosphorus shell".

"We have been able to control the fire in the hospital but not in the administrative building," one hospital official said.

"We hope that the flames don't spread again to the wings of the hospital."

Two hospitals east of Gaza City were also hit by Israeli shells as Gazans fled tanks advancing into the city.

It was not immediately clear if any casualties following the raids.

UN fire 'still raging'

The Israelis also bombed a UN compound in Gaza City, setting fire to warehouses of badly-needed food and medical aid and prompting international outrage.

Around 700 Palestinians were sheltering in the UN complex at the time of the strikes which left two civilians and three staff members injured.

Adnan Abu Hasna, a spokesman for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (Unrwa), said fires were still raging hours after the attack and "tens of millions of dollars worth of aid" had been destroyed.

John Ging, the director of Unrwa operations in the Strip, also accused the Israelis of using phosphorus shells.

"They are phosphorus fires so they are extremely difficult to put out because, if you put water on, it will just generate toxic fumes and do nothing to stop the burning," he said.

Israel insists all weapons used in the conflict comply with international law.

The attacks came as the number of Palestinians killed in Israel's offensive reached 1,095 with more than 5,100 wounded.

More than 330 children are among the dead and nearly half are civilians.

Thirteen Israelis have died, three of them civilians.

Two buildings housing international journalists in Gaza have also been bombed by Israeli forces.

'Investigation needed'

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, justified shelling the UN headquarters claiming armed Palestinians within it had fired at Israeli troops first.

"It is absolutely true that we were attacked from that place … but the consequences were very sad and I apologise for it," he said.

However, Christopher Gunness, a spokesman for Unrwa, robustly denied that Palestinian fighters were among refugees sheltering there. "At no stage during the fighting today did any Israeli official pick up the phone and tell us there were militants in our compound.

"We always take action against militants ... there were no militants in our compound and now they [the Israelis] are changing their story, saying militants were 'in the vicinity'," he said.

Gunness called for a "proper investigation" into the incident.

Louis Michel, the European Aid Commissioner, also condemned the bombing of the UN complex, branding it "unacceptable".

"I am deeply shocked and dismayed to learn of this incident ... I have made it very clear that all sides must respect international humanitarian law.

"It is unacceptable that the UN headquarters in Gaza has been struck by Israeli artillery fire," he said.

Ban Ki-moon, the UN secretary general, strongly condemned the incident and demanded a full explanation from Tzipi Livni, the Israeli foreign minister, during talks held on Thursday in Tel Aviv.

Ban said Ehud Barak, the Israeli defence minister, had apologised for the attack describing it as a "grave mistake".

A Red Crescent office near Gaza City and the main mosque in the southern city of Rafah were also shelled as the Israelis pushed deeper into the Strip.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

food for thought - bombed in the above context means an airplane dropped bombs on it. shelled means it was hit by artillery fire.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.