Brianandphuong

fiance got blue slip in Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiance go the blue slip yesterday. The letter says I must provide additional information. Once thing they want is the credit card receipt for the purchase of the plane ticket plus 3 month statements prior and post of ticket purchase. Also they want a notorized statement of how i met her and so on. If anyone can give me some tips or help on this that would be great. I have contacted my credit card company so I can get copies of my statements.

Brian

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I would try this in the regional forum, you will probably get more experienced responses

:)

Good Luck

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

My fiance go the blue slip yesterday. The letter says I must provide additional information. Once thing they want is the credit card receipt for the purchase of the plane ticket plus 3 month statements prior and post of ticket purchase. Also they want a notorized statement of how i met her and so on. If anyone can give me some tips or help on this that would be great. I have contacted my credit card company so I can get copies of my statements.

Brian

It's pretty straight forward, give them what they want.

Once you get your credit card statements (you may want to see if you can go online with them, I have, and you can get your entire history there, no need to wait for them to get it), have them notarized also, when you get your "statement of meeting" done.

Your notary can look online/at actual statements to note them.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mbc from K-3 Spouse Visa General Discussion to US Embassy and Consulate General Discussion

reason: member is on k-1, not k-3.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Any advise on my statement of meeting beside being totally honest?

Honesty is the best policy.... IMHO...

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Any advise on my statement of meeting beside being totally honest?

Honesty is the best policy.... IMHO...

Always :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Brian

It's pretty straight forward, give them what they want.

Once you get your credit card statements (you may want to see if you can go online with them, I have, and you can get your entire history there, no need to wait for them to get it), have them notarized also, when you get your "statement of meeting" done.

Your notary can look online/at actual statements to note them.

They didn't ask for notarized credit card statements. The duplicates from the credit card company is what they want. The statement of how you met is a true description of how you met. That, you sign in front of a Notary. Assuming your relationship is valid and your statement of how you met is both kosher and agrees with hers and then you can prove it was YOUR money that paid for the airline tickets, she'll probably get the visa. They are ruling out visa fraud. Something about your case must have promted this. Usually you would know what it is.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They have the receipt from the travel agency but they said it was not good enough. They want 6 months worth of statements. Which is fine I have a request in to the credit card company now. It will show purchase of ticket, hotel stays in Vietnam, as well as ATM withdrawals I made in Vietnam. Now I just need to sit down and back track the past year and make a good letter about me an her, on how we met etc etc..... FUnny thing is they did not even want to see any photo's of me and her together...

Timeline
They have the receipt from the travel agency but they said it was not good enough. They want 6 months worth of statements. Which is fine I have a request in to the credit card company now. It will show purchase of ticket, hotel stays in Vietnam, as well as ATM withdrawals I made in Vietnam. Now I just need to sit down and back track the past year and make a good letter about me an her, on how we met etc etc..... FUnny thing is they did not even want to see any photo's of me and her together...

There's a reason for this concern. One or both of you probably has more than a clue what it is. Try to address the concerns in your letter.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Will they accept the doc via email or fax? Or do I have to send originals via post office?

If they're asking for something notarized, they'll want the original. Keep a copy.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
Thats not good if they want originals. Last package I sent to Vietnam never arrived. Takes so long to get there.. :-(

You could try scanning and emailing or faxing. If you do, make sure the Notary's statement and seal appear on the actual letter, not stapled to an attachement. Ask the Notary for their advise on this. You can use the wording they suggest and leave room for their stamp.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Depending on which bank you have (mine is CHASE), you can print your credit card statements from online and mail them to your fiancee via post office (SLOW). Or you can convert them into PDF and email your fiancee, then she can print them out at Internet cafe shops in VN (FAST).

Does your travel agency receipt have its logon on and show your name/address? I'm just curious why it's not good enough. Did your fiancee show them your board passes, ticket receipts?

Also, if you don't mind, please tell us a little bit about your case (like have you ever been married/disvorced or filed on behalf of someone with INS before?) I'm wondering if your case raises any red flags. It looks very ridiculous that they asked for 6 months of credit card statements and didn't even look at other evidences - eg, photos, call logs, etc.!!!!

Good luck.

Peter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.