Brianandphuong

fiance got blue slip in Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
They have the receipt from the travel agency but they said it was not good enough. They want 6 months worth of statements. Which is fine I have a request in to the credit card company now. It will show purchase of ticket, hotel stays in Vietnam, as well as ATM withdrawals I made in Vietnam. Now I just need to sit down and back track the past year and make a good letter about me an her, on how we met etc etc..... FUnny thing is they did not even want to see any photo's of me and her together...

Depending on which bank you have (mine is CHASE), you can print your credit card statements from online and mail them to your fiancee via post office (SLOW). Or you can convert them into PDF and email your fiancee, then she can print them out at Internet cafe shops in VN (FAST).

Does your travel agency receipt have its logon on and show your name/address? I'm just curious why it's not good enough. Did your fiancee show them your board passes, ticket receipts?

Also, if you don't mind, please tell us a little bit about your case (like have you ever been married/disvorced or filed on behalf of someone with INS before?) I'm wondering if your case raises any red flags. It looks very ridiculous that they asked for 6 months of credit card statements and didn't even look at other evidences - eg, photos, call logs, etc.!!!!

Good luck.

Peter

Sometimes people don't wish to share their red flags and of course, red flags don't mean there's anything wrong. This request is the kind you get when they are trying to rule out the kind of visa fraud where the peitioner is paid to enter a fraudulent relationship for an immigration benefit. They want to make sure not just that the petitioner has a receipt but that he actually used his own money to buy the ticket. With six months of statements they can usually see if there's anything out of the ordinary.

It's likely the case has the normal red flags like a single visit and short relationship before the decision to marry along with marginal income for the petitioner.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They are trying to makesure no one payed you for the plane ticket the are trying to make sure you are the one that is going to be with her this is a verynormal thing they ask for should be no problem to show them your statement get everything together in order as it is on the slip and turn it in a wait until they come up with a answer all you can do good luck.

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I will be happy to share a lil back ground. Im divorced for 7 years now. 31 years old. I have never filed for INS paper work before. I finally got a fax of the paperwork she was given by the US Consular Officer. It is asking for a notorized and detailed time line of how I met her and when we decided to get engauged etc etc. This form looks to be very generic form they hand out to many people. They simply just fill in your name and case number so im sure this is the form many people before have received when they got a blue slip. I was mistaken about the credit card info they just want a copy of the credit card statement showing my name on the card and proof that i purchased the ticket. I am also getting copy of the statment where i paid for my hotel there in vietnam and when i used the ATM there also. Hopefully this will be enough information to make them happy and issue my fiance a PINK slip this next time around. I think another thing that make be taken into account is that my fiance's father n step mom have only been in america for less than 2 years, so maybe there is some worry i was paid to bring her here which is far from the truth. I do love my fiance and plan to marry her and have a family together....

Brian

Yes it was a single visit to Vietnam and only 2 month of knowing each other before we decided to get engauged!!!!!!

I will be happy to share a lil back ground. Im divorced for 7 years now. 31 years old. I have never filed for INS paper work before. I finally got a fax of the paperwork she was given by the US Consular Officer. It is asking for a notorized and detailed time line of how I met her and when we decided to get engauged etc etc. This form looks to be very generic form they hand out to many people. They simply just fill in your name and case number so im sure this is the form many people before have received when they got a blue slip. I was mistaken about the credit card info they just want a copy of the credit card statement showing my name on the card and proof that i purchased the ticket. I am also getting copy of the statment where i paid for my hotel there in vietnam and when i used the ATM there also. Hopefully this will be enough information to make them happy and issue my fiance a PINK slip this next time around. I think another thing that make be taken into account is that my fiance's father n step mom have only been in america for less than 2 years, so maybe there is some worry i was paid to bring her here which is far from the truth. I do love my fiance and plan to marry her and have a family together....

Brian

Yes it was a single visit to Vietnam and only 2 month of knowing each other before we decided to get engauged!!!!!!

Please let us know how you make out after submitting this documentation! Best of luck! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Brian

Thanks for sharing. Please note that a bank won't notarize your timeline because it's not an official document. It happened to me and I got it notorized at Western Union ($1 fee).

Good luck.

Peter

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Brian

Thanks for sharing. Please note that a bank won't notarize your timeline because it's not an official document. It happened to me and I got it notorized at Western Union ($1 fee).

Good luck.

Peter

That's going to depend on the bank but I use my insurance agency for Notary services.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Your case sounds like a friend of mine, and his case got sent back to the US :(.

Make sure your fiancee can answer very detailed question about your life in the US, and make sure your photos show you spent 4 or 5 days *together*, photos that look similar won't be enough to prove that.

Your case is very weak, so you need to find every possible way to convince the officer that you are not fake. Just give them what they asked for won't be enough. You may need to reveal a lot more about your life in the US.

I don't know for sure if it will work or not, but be prepared to go back to Vietnam for a week or 2 and present your case by yourself to the officer. I heard it helped for some people. So.. get a VISA to Vietnam *now*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.