FaithfulandTrue

Is going to the club fun

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Going to a club to get drunk out of my mind and hook up is no longer my idea of fun. Been there done that and to be honest with you, it wasn't that great either back then. Dealing with the hangovers and creepy guys calling me all the time because I gave them my phone number was extremely annoying. But when you're in your early 20s you think that that's what you're supposed to be doing because almost everyone else is doing it too. Now we know that that there is no truth in that but when you're that naive and haven't gone through what we've gone through by now, you think that's the way to live your life.

Speaking as a guy who got the phony numbers or usually ignored, the club or bar scene was a waste of time, money and brain cells. Then there's the fistfights, hospital trips, drunken arguments, scary car rides, possible DUIs and missing the possibility of meeting nice sober girl because my mind was clouded with booze.

IMO, you're not missing much except it was ok to experience it enough to know there are better ways to spend your time than hanging out with drunken. posturing people trying to act cool hook up other shallow types.

me personally i hate the clubs but apparently my spouse thinks otherwise.. but i told him i didn't like them before he came here for the very same reasons you said as well as others.. clubs are for the younger crowd imo.. and if i get drunk who will drive us home???lol :rofl:

Edited by oneder

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the club scene never appealed to me :no:

my hubby and I do like to go out for drinks sometimes but we usually go to a small bar or a restaurant not a club..

otherwise we are the type who like to sit at hm watching movies or TV...

now we are going to try and start going for walks too....

yeah we are boring but I don't care :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Yes, but you are collectively boring. The problem appears to be that the OP and their spouse have different opinions as to what constitutes boring which may, or may not prove problematic for their ongoing relationship :)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

It was fun when I was a young whippersnapper living in NYC, but these days, I'd rather just sit around a fire in someone's backyard and drink a few beers.

Go listen to some free beats:

http://beatbasement.com/bb.htm

go ice skating. all i want to do is go ice skating but i can't cos my SO is 5,000 mi away. so think of all the fantastic things u wanted to do with ur spouse before he arrived and go make those dreams come true. this actually gave me an idea. i'm going to write these daydreams down as a checklist and make it my goal to complete the list with my SO.

* ice skating

* laying on a blanket in the yard at night w/ a bottle of wine, stare at the stars, and talk when we want (already did that one)

* drive-in theater

* longwood gardens at christmas

* cheesy festivals and car shows

* bike riding to the park and getting ice cream

* playing scrabble w/ a non-english speaking man...in english (i'm sure to win :devil: )

* waking up before dawn and jogging

* cook together

* wash the car together

* playing drunken Wii bowling (need to get a Wii first)

and the list goes on. point is- there's lots of cheap, fun things to do other than renting movies. be creative even in times of distress! good luck)))

Timeline
50 cent beer nights, that's what he loves.

:rofl:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Timeline

we went to go out to eat and they told him he couldn't smoke there anymore.. and places here probably charge 3.00 even on beer night.. :rofl:

Thank you Jesus!!!!

I go clubbing sometimes, but I've never been a huge fan of it.

I prefer to go out to dinner or pop round a friend's house for tea (how very English).. or even stay in and watch a movie. Luckily, my SO hates the clubbing scene... he came out with us this year and just stood in the corner with coats, making sure I was OK.. we left quickly and went home for hot drinks. And I was only 20 at the time. :P He has hobbies that I would personally find boring but hey, they're his hobbies. We do lots of things together as a couple that we both enjoy, and it's healthy to have seperate interests too.

I wouldn't know what to do if my husband thought I was "boring" for not enjoying the club scene; then again, he's known me for years, and been with me for years too, and if he's stupid enough to label me boring because I won't go clubbing, it would make me wonder why he stuck with me for so long if it was that important to him.

Timeline

I've been once in my life and thankfully without Adam. It was not fun, too many young ones and hootchie girls mostly naked prancing around in front of guys. Even when in VIP, had these girls in my breathing space. And if Adam would have been there and they did what they did to my friends boyfriends I would be pretty ticked.

Anyways, for fun Adam and I like to go shoot pool or bowling with some friends. Go walk around the mall or go to a friends house to chat.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

we went to go out to eat and they told him he couldn't smoke there anymore.. and places here probably charge 3.00 even on beer night.. :rofl:

Lol, I don't stop him from going, I go with him, but I don't drink. I hate beer, though a cocktail sometimes is nice.

Its not a club, just a small bar with pool table and all. He likes to unwind every friday after the whole week of work, so its cool.

Timeline
go ice skating. all i want to do is go ice skating but i can't cos my SO is 5,000 mi away. so think of all the fantastic things u wanted to do with ur spouse before he arrived and go make those dreams come true. this actually gave me an idea. i'm going to write these daydreams down as a checklist and make it my goal to complete the list with my SO.

* ice skating

* laying on a blanket in the yard at night w/ a bottle of wine, stare at the stars, and talk when we want (already did that one)

* drive-in theater

* longwood gardens at christmas

* cheesy festivals and car shows

* bike riding to the park and getting ice cream

* playing scrabble w/ a non-english speaking man...in english (i'm sure to win :devil: )

* waking up before dawn and jogging

* cook together

* wash the car together

* playing drunken Wii bowling (need to get a Wii first)

and the list goes on. point is- there's lots of cheap, fun things to do other than renting movies. be creative even in times of distress! good luck)))

thanks for your input.. ice skating does sound so much fun.. i tried to a long time ago but fell .. but it's ok.. falling is half of the fun

Lol, I don't stop him from going, I go with him, but I don't drink. I hate beer, though a cocktail sometimes is nice.

Its not a club, just a small bar with pool table and all. He likes to unwind every friday after the whole week of work, so its cool.

i would never stop him from going.. i just don't like the club scene.. they get mad if you don't give them your phone number and always breathing alcohol in your face.. ugghhh.. but yea a nice bar is fine.. at a restaurant or something like that .. but a club.. heck no :no:

Thank you Jesus!!!!