mikeandjoana

Planning a Hawaiian cruise for the honeymoon w/ K1

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're getting married in New York in a few months. Can we go on a Hawaiian Island Cruise and return without issue. Cruise doesn't stop anywhere else. Here's a link to Norwegian Cruise Line's passport info page.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages...ortRequirements

Mike_Jo-185.jpg032_32.jpgedit-3.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

03/05/2010 ----- Greencard arrived in mail

03/15/2010 ----- Got a job as an RN! finally.:)

REMINDER: November 22, 2011 (Removing Conditons)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since the cruise never leaves the Hawaiian Islands and the information states you don't even need a passport, just photo id, it looks like you should be fine.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I work for Crucon Cruise outlet. I sell cruises all day long and I can tell you that you can definitely go on the Pride of America. The ship is registered in the States and has approximately 75 % American crew. If you have ever been on another cruise do not expect the same level of service on the Pride of America. We Americans do not give the same service as people from other countries.

Feel free to call me at work on Monday morning. 800-493-6609 Ask for Bob. I can give you pricing and some advice.

Bob

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mbc from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion to Working & Traveling prior to getting a Green Card

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

"The following regulations are currently in effect.

CRUISING - FOR U.S. AND CANADIAN CITIZENS:

Hawaii Cruises

Inter-island Cruising. There's no need for a passport when you sail on any NCL America inter-island cruise. So if your ship never sails beyond the islands of Hawaii, all you need is a government-issued photo I.D. or a valid driver's license with a photo."

"all you need is a government-issued photo I.D. or a valid driver's license with a photo"

What does this mean? What id should my fiance bring with her if she's from the Philippines and we'll be newly married with our K1? We'll be getting married in NY the day before we leave for our honeymoon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She will need her passport as her government issued photo id but she won't need to use it as a passport which is as a travel document between countries. You don't need to have a passport - you can use your Driver's License. This is considered domestic travel and a passport is only required for international travel. It can still be used, however, as an identification document domestically.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Yay!!!! I'm so excited. Who should I call to confirm if this is correct? The US government? The Cruise line?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'm also going on the Pride of America cruise but not until september. Please let me know if you or your fiancee have any issues with documentation. or any tips/advice for the cruise.

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
We're getting married in New York in a few months. Can we go on a Hawaiian Island Cruise and return without issue. Cruise doesn't stop anywhere else. Here's a link to Norwegian Cruise Line's passport info page.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages...ortRequirements

as the ship is not leaving US waters, she can freely go on the cruise. She needs to bring her passport with the visa. Try to get a SSN for her and if your state allows an state ID. I work as a travel agent now and deal a lot with cruise documentations. I would verify with NCL just to make sure and you don't get denied boarding. Also take the cruise protection insurance will help you protect you.

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

"The following regulations are currently in effect.

CRUISING - FOR U.S. AND CANADIAN CITIZENS:

Hawaii Cruises

Inter-island Cruising. There's no need for a passport when you sail on any NCL America inter-island cruise. So if your ship never sails beyond the islands of Hawaii, all you need is a government-issued photo I.D. or a valid driver's license with a photo."

"all you need is a government-issued photo I.D. or a valid driver's license with a photo"

What does this mean? What id should my fiance bring with her if she's from the Philippines and we'll be newly married with our K1? We'll be getting married in NY the day before we leave for our honeymoon.

No need for a passport is only for US citizens. Since she is not a passport with the visa is required.

If you don't have that documentation, you'll be denied boarding and there will be no refund, so be aware. I am travel agent and deal with this every day.

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
I work for Crucon Cruise outlet. I sell cruises all day long and I can tell you that you can definitely go on the Pride of America. The ship is registered in the States and has approximately 75 % American crew. If you have ever been on another cruise do not expect the same level of service on the Pride of America. We Americans do not give the same service as people from other countries.

Feel free to call me at work on Monday morning. 800-493-6609 Ask for Bob. I can give you pricing and some advice.

Bob

I have to agree with Bob, I have been on the Pride of America. It is a lovely ship but the service and food is really sub-par. That said the Islands are beautiful and I suspect the honeymoon will be awesome!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Don't worry about Hawaii cruise. We've just got back from Hawaii cruise on Pride of America. My status right now is in between K1 and temporary green card. I didn't have any problems, just shown my russian passport in the airports and cruise check in. Goold luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.