peejay

Texas death row inmate plucks out eye, eats it

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I find it curious that most people who are anti-abortion even for incest and rape cases are also pro-death penalty even for the mentally insane.

He killed:

Wife, kid, and infant and then pulled out their hearts.

I wish they would stick a 45 in his mouth and pull the trigger.

People are missing the point here......the argument people use for pro-life is that every life is sacred and humans have no moral right to take away any life.......so how do you justify doing that when it suits you.....very hypocritical!

Texas human rights and law are no better than any middle eastern society. Eye for an eye....right? Very sophisticated and civilized indeed!

You make so many assumptions and unfounded sweeping generalizations about what " people" or "most people" or "any middle eastern society" think or do.

Do you have anything to back any of it up, or are you just spit balling as you go along?

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Texas puts to death the mentally ill?

Mentally ill people aren't always insane. Mental illness does not exclude someone from being executed for their crime(s). Apparently this guy was not legally insane at the time he committed the capital offense of murder that landed him on death row.

People mutilate themselves with tatoos, piercings, etc. Are they insane? Some people are depressed. Are they insane? None of that disqualifies someone from being executed for committing a capital offense.

This guy might have "issues", but that doesn't make him insane.

I'm sorry, but if you rip an eye out of your own head, and cannibalise yourself and others - you're crazier than a $hit house rat.

That the guy wasn't deemed legally insane at the time of his crime is obviously makes it a moot point, but lets face it - Texas (and Florida for that matter) is notorious for rejecting insane defences on capital cases. Florida was the State that tried to medicate people on death row in order to execute them.

No kidding. This guy is criminally insane and should be kept in a mental hospital, not death row.

I suppose the problem is that he could only be hospitalized for a few months, until he's considered "sane" (there's been at least one high-profile case who was institutionalized after his first murder, went on to kill his next family.)

The problem is that severely mentally ill folks tend not to follow their medication routines and there's nothing to make them do so.

So: yes, he was fuckin' crazy when he committed the crime. Meds make him better. But will he follow up? Who knows?

I dunno how the mental health system works here, but it isn't unheard of for people to be detained for life in those places. Obviously someone who did what he did is very extreme, probably won't get "better".

That said, I'm against the DP on principle. Moreover, I find gloating over such things to be ghoulish and unpleasant.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
No waste of ammo at all. I will be glad to volunteer to bring my own weapon and ammo at no charge and blow his brains out myself.

Shoot him in the other eye first...

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
No waste of ammo at all. I will be glad to volunteer to bring my own weapon and ammo at no charge and blow his brains out myself.

Shoot him in the other eye first...

:lol:

then set him free. how's he gonna stab someone and pull out an organ if he can't see?

That is why nobody is proud to be mentally ill.

I'm mentally ill and am happy as a clam :blink:

What Jim said. :thumbs:

god bless ya'all.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
the argument people use for pro-life is that every life is sacred and humans have no moral right to take away any life.......

Um...no. The arguement is that the unborn are innocents who have the right to life. Those whom are executed committed murder, and are therefore not innocents.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

the argument people use for pro-life is that every life is sacred and humans have no moral right to take away any life.......

Um...no. The arguement is that the unborn are innocents who have the right to life. Those whom are executed committed murder, and are therefore not innocents.

What if they're innocent?

Also, what if thou shall not murder?

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

death row better than most mental hospitals!! Actually most states have done away with long term aka mental hospitals. put peoples in prison streets or nursing homes. Look at question mark and how he slipped between the cracks.. its sad place out there.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Timeline

The argument about whether he is sane enough to be executed is Monty-Python style ridiculous. When you realize that the death penalty is nothing but state-sanctioned murder, that whole argument goes away and then we can finally start talking about things that do society good, like actual reform, or for the most extreme cases (like this guy's), the proper care for a person who will be institutionalized for the rest of their lives.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

What if they're innocent?

Also, what if thou shall not murder?

If they're innocent, of course we shouldn't kill them....being against the death penalty for the sake of avoiding the chance that an actual innocent person might be erroneously convicted and executed is all well and good, but it is a completely different discussion.

"You shall not murder" is from the Ten Commandments, part of the Law of Moses. The same Law also commands the death penalty for murderers. Not all killing is murder.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
When you realize that the death penalty is nothing but state-sanctioned murder...

Under your standards? No, that dawg don't hunt.

These individuals are killed, but they are not murdered. They get due process under the law in open public court and judged by a jury of their peers.

Comparing that to a drive by shooting is patently absurd.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

When you realize that the death penalty is nothing but state-sanctioned murder...

Under your standards? No, that dawg don't hunt.

These individuals are killed, but they are not murdered. They get due process under the law in open public court and judged by a jury of their peers.

Comparing that to a drive by shooting is patently absurd.

Impressive Post.

:thumbs:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"