peejay

Texas death row inmate plucks out eye, eats it

86 posts in this topic

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas puts to death the mentally ill?

Mentally ill people aren't always insane. Mental illness does not exclude someone from being executed for their crime(s). Apparently this guy was not legally insane at the time he committed the capital offense of murder that landed him on death row.

People mutilate themselves with tatoos, piercings, etc. Are they insane? Some people are depressed. Are they insane? None of that disqualifies someone from being executed for committing a capital offense.

This guy might have "issues", but that doesn't make him insane.

I'm sorry, but if you rip an eye out of your own head, and cannibalise yourself and others - you're crazier than a $hit house rat.

That the guy wasn't deemed legally insane at the time of his crime is obviously makes it a moot point, but lets face it - Texas (and Florida for that matter) is notorious for rejecting insane defences on capital cases. Florida was the State that tried to medicate people on death row in order to execute them.

No kidding. This guy is criminally insane and should be kept in a mental hospital, not death row.

I suppose the problem is that he could only be hospitalized for a few months, until he's considered "sane" (there's been at least one high-profile case who was institutionalized after his first murder, went on to kill his next family.)

The problem is that severely mentally ill folks tend not to follow their medication routines and there's nothing to make them do so.

So: yes, he was fuckin' crazy when he committed the crime. Meds make him better. But will he follow up? Who knows?

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Timeline

Yeah lets keep him in the hospital so he can brag how he killed and ripped the hearts of his victims and to top it off he took his eye out and ate it. Of course it was ok as he was mentally ill and on drugs and alcohol. Thank God Texas not only has the death penalty but we have an express lane.

See also, I am moderately insane. I'm certainly not dangerous towards others, just myself. I've been hospitalized maybe two dozen times? I think more, since I was thirteen.

So I'm probably MORE CRAZAH than the average VJ'er.

Yeah lets keep him in the hospital so he can brag how he killed and ripped the hearts of his victims and to top it off he took his eye out and ate it. Of course it was ok as he was mentally ill and on drugs and alcohol. Thank God Texas not only has the death penalty but we have an express lane.

Oh shut up, it's obvious that you know nothing about mental illness. (Hint: stuff totally happens IN YOUR BRAIN.)

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Timeline
See also, I am moderately insane. I'm certainly not dangerous towards others, just myself. I've been hospitalized maybe two dozen times? I think more, since I was thirteen.

So I'm probably MORE CRAZAH than the average VJ'er.

Oh shut up, it's obvious that you know nothing about mental illness. (Hint: stuff totally happens IN YOUR BRAIN.)

I think, therefore I am?

That's a good thing about Texas.

If you commit a serious crime with a murder you have a good chance going on death row.

Hopefully this sorry POS will be dead soon.....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

That is why nobody is proud to be mentally ill.

I'm mentally ill and am happy as a clam :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Texas death row inmate plucks out eye, eats it

By MICHAEL GRACZYK Associated Press

Jan. 9, 2009, 11:27AM

A Texas death row inmate with a history of mental problems pulled out his only good eye, authorities said today.

Andre Thomas told officers he ate it.

Thomas was treated at East Texas Medical Center in Tyler after the Dec. 9 incident. Then he was transferred and remains at the Jester Unit, a prison psychiatric facility near Richmond southwest of Houston.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6202701.html

Good name for a psychiatric unit :blink: .

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
That is why nobody is proud to be mentally ill.

I'm mentally ill and am happy as a clam :blink:

What Jim said. :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I find it curious that most people who are anti-abortion even for incest and rape cases are also pro-death penalty even for the mentally insane.

"most" people?

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

I find it curious that most people who are anti-abortion even for incest and rape cases are also pro-death penalty even for the mentally insane.

He killed:

Wife, kid, and infant and then pulled out their hearts.

I wish they would stick a 45 in his mouth and pull the trigger.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

He killed:

NO NEED TO WASTE GOOD AMMO, I WILL PAY FOR THE ELECTRICITY....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

He killed:

People are missing the point here......the argument people use for pro-life is that every life is sacred and humans have no moral right to take away any life.......so how do you justify doing that when it suits you.....very hypocritical!

Texas human rights and law are no better than any middle eastern society. Eye for an eye....right? Very sophisticated and civilized indeed!