yhen31

YM conversation

10 posts in this topic

First thing you need is to make sure that you have your message archives on in your yahoo messenger for that person. Then you go to the dates and conversation, i.e. today... u look for that person you have chatted with, hit the dates of the message archives, then you can print it out or cut and paste. Goodluck! If your ym messages archive is off and everytime you logged off, ur message is not save. GOODLUCK...

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
anyone knows how do u print screen YM conversation wen if your talking via web cam?

Click Messenger on the menu. From here click on Preferences. When the Preferences window opens up click on Archive from the list on the left. When this window opens up you have to make sure that the radio button "Yes, save all my messages" is selected or nothing will have been saved. Click on the box that says View Archive. All your saved messages will be displayed. You can select the messages you want to print by holding down the shift key and using the down arrow if you want to print an entire sequence or hold the Ctrl key down and click on individual messages to select more than one. Click on the print icon.

10-17-2006. I-129F filed.

10-19-2006. NOA1

01-25-2007. NOA2

02-12-2007. NVC notification saying petition is approved.

05-11-2007. Packet 3 received.

05-14-2007. Packet 3 forms sent.

06-16-2007. Packet 4 received.

07-03-2007. Medical examination.

07-10-2007. Interview. Passed!!!!

07-12-2007. Received visa.

07-18-2007. Applied for Marriage License.

08-04-2007. Fan arrives in the United States.

08-08-2007. Married.

08-24-2007. Applications for AOS, EAD, and Advance Parole.

08-30-2007. NOA for AOS.

09-07-2007. Applied for SSN.

09-18-2007. NOA for EAD and Advance Parole.

09-20-2007. Received SS card.

10-05-2007. Received appointment date for biometrics.

10-23-2007. Received Advance Parole.

11-02-2007. Biometrics.

11-06-2007. AOS transfered to CSC.

11-07-2007. EAD approved.

11-16-2007. EAD card received.

12-06-2007. AOS approved.

12-14-2007. Green Card Received in mail.

09-05-2009. I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence sent.

09-16-2009. NOA and biometrics appointment received.

10-13-2009. Biometrics.

10-26-2009. USCIS email. Approved. Card production ordered.

10-29-2009. Approval notice, dated 10-26, arrives in mail.

11-02-2009. Green Card arrives in mail.

just like to point out both yahoo messenger and skype are sneeky in that even with the message archive on they only keep the last 6 months and clear the rest, i found thst one out the hard way. :unsure: don't know if this is news to anyone but i wish i had print screened as i went on. :unsure:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

If you want to prove that you're talking on webcam by actually getting a snapshot of the video in progress, there is a key on your keyboard marked 'Print Screen' (sometimes abbreviated). It's normally in a small row of three at the top-right, near the caps lock light.

Make sure that anything you don't want the consular office to see (!!! :P :P :P ) is off your screen completely and everything you do want them to see is visible (your other half's webcam, your own webcam, chat windows, etc) and then press the Print Screen button. Now go into your Start menu, find "Paint" and open it. When Paint opens, click the 'Edit' menu and then 'Paste', et voila! a perfect snapshot of your screen at the moment you hit the button. Save the picture, print it out (you might need to alter the printer setup to 'Fit to page'), whatever you like :) I did a few of these over time to go with my printed IM logfiles.

Anyone with half an ounce of computing knowledge can throw together an authentic looking faked chat history in a few minutes. I didn't want to hear "Wwll I could make one of these too, how do I know it's real?" from the consular officer on interview day. I figured that some actual screenshots would add weight to my other printouts :)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
If you want to prove that you're talking on webcam by actually getting a snapshot of the video in progress, there is a key on your keyboard marked 'Print Screen' (sometimes abbreviated). It's normally in a small row of three at the top-right, near the caps lock light.

Make sure that anything you don't want the consular office to see (!!! :P :P :P ) is off your screen completely and everything you do want them to see is visible (your other half's webcam, your own webcam, chat windows, etc) and then press the Print Screen button. Now go into your Start menu, find "Paint" and open it. When Paint opens, click the 'Edit' menu and then 'Paste', et voila! a perfect snapshot of your screen at the moment you hit the button. Save the picture, print it out (you might need to alter the printer setup to 'Fit to page'), whatever you like :) I did a few of these over time to go with my printed IM logfiles.

Anyone with half an ounce of computing knowledge can throw together an authentic looking faked chat history in a few minutes. I didn't want to hear "Wwll I could make one of these too, how do I know it's real?" from the consular officer on interview day. I figured that some actual screenshots would add weight to my other printouts :)

For those who don't have or are unfamiliar with "Paint" the same procedure works in "Word". After pasting, you can click on the picture and drag it bigger, then type a caption underneath. Make sure date and time are visible. You can do this live to show the cams or from archive to show all but the cams. (for logs or text) I tried to do the print screen's when other family members were in one or more of the cam shots and otherwise just use the text in most case. Only a few examples are needed beyond the logs.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I never thought about doing the screen cap and save it and even knew how. I did have a ####### load of YM chats that I printed and sent. I did tell her to black out any embarassing talk that she wanted as I found it all good. Not sure if she did it and if not then I may see some of the chat online soon.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I just did a copy and paste

I think the issue is that to copy and paste doesn't actually show evidence of date time and communication method. It's not always going to matter but when it does, it does.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.