Ggreen

WORLDWIDE PROTESTS AGAINST THE GENOCIDE

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Angry protests against Israel's bombardment of the Gaza Strip have continued throughout the world, with two of the largest demonstrations taking place in London and in Sakhnin in northern Israel.

Other large demonstrations were staged in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, Srinagar in Indian-administered Kashmir, Lebanon, Turkey and the West Bank.

Protesters in Kabul pumped their fists into the air and shouted slogans against Israel and the United States, while in Srinagar activists burned an effigy of Ehud Olmert, Israel's outgoing prime minister.

In Ramallah in the West Bank, Palestinians seeking national unity marched through streets and there were clashes with Israeli riot police.

Israel protests

In the northern Israeli town of Sakhnin up to 150,000 Israeli-Palestinians have protested against Israel's offensive

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleea...4494987954.html

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Calling a war genocide doesn't make it so. People die in war. War and genocide are totally different issues. Not all wars are genocide.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Timeline

The whole situation is awful, nothing short of a tragedy. Both sides have behaved reprehensibly, and have shown the worst possible sides of humanity.

It is not, however, genocide, and it's disturbing to see it described as such. Calling this a genocide dilutes the real meaning of genocide, which really is happening in other parts of the world.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

So where are the demonstrations against the continued indiscriminate rocket attacks into Israel?

Nowhere. Silence. The peaceful Muslim majority, and I do not doubt for a second that they are peaceful and that they are the overwhelming majority, are content to sit back and let the world focus the blame on the Israelis for the whole situation. Not that Al Jazeera would ever report anything like that in the first place.

Hamas knew what they were doing and knew that Israel would take the bait and face the damning world opinion. New Year. Same Old Sh!t.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
So where are the demonstrations against the continued indiscriminate rocket attacks into Israel?

Nowhere. Silence. The peaceful Muslim majority, and I do not doubt for a second that they are peaceful and that they are the overwhelming majority, are content to sit back and let the world focus the blame on the Israelis for the whole situation. Not that Al Jazeera would ever report anything like that in the first place.

Hamas knew what they were doing and knew that Israel would take the bait and face the damning world opinion. New Year. Same Old Sh!t.

Very very well said...... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Calling a war genocide doesn't make it so. People die in war. War and genocide are totally different issues. Not all wars are genocide.

War = army+ army.

And Genocide is the violent and total extermination of a complete racial subgroup of the human race.

Going into Gaza to beat the ####### out of Hamas and stop them firing unguided rockets into Israel without regard for where they landed and whether any casualties caused are civilian or military does not in any way get close to being genocide.

But it's a nice, catchy word with which to whip up public opinion.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
War = army+ army.

Not exactly. Hamas isn't really an army with uniforms but it is an armed force capable of doing some damage.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Timeline
The whole situation is awful, nothing short of a tragedy. Both sides have behaved reprehensibly, and have shown the worst possible sides of humanity.

It is not, however, genocide, and it's disturbing to see it described as such. Calling this a genocide dilutes the real meaning of genocide, which really is happening in other parts of the world.

Indeed.

Edited by VJ.mmbr

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

War = army+ army.

So, what do you call a group with its government's backing launching missles against another country?

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Timeline
So, what do you call a group with its government's backing launching missles against another country?

I call them civilians, unless a 2 months baby killed by Israel is backing Hamas.

in the other hand violence is violence no matter who did it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Yeah. Where were these demonstrations when HAMAS was attacking ISRAEL? The public is not very informed on that because of the lack of coverage. You need to dig into the pages of the newspapers in the International Section to read about it. But, when ISRAEL begins to mobilize it becomes the frontpage. This gives the wrong impression to the audience that ISRAEL is the bad guy.

Although, HAMAS have killed a number of ISRAELIS....The ISRAELIS have amplified the death toll on the HAMAS side of the fence on what the HAMAS have done to the ISRAELIS. It's not an eye for an eye thing.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I call them civilians, unless a 2 months baby killed by Israel is backing Hamas.

in the other hand violence is violence no matter who did it.

The 2 month old baby is launching missles?? It is horrible that innocents are getting killed due to Hamas' practice of launching missles from civilian centers, but that still doesn't answer what those who are launching missles at Israel with the backing of the Hamas government should be considered. They may be "civilians", in the sense that they are not a formal, organized military organization, but so what? Does their formal status of civilians mean that Israel cannot use military means to take them out? Is Israel supposed to just allow the missle attacks to continue?

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007