Terca

K-1 visa interview to happen in the USA. Is that possible?

22 posts in this topic

yes I know I petitioned ( not applied) Sorry I posted....

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
yes I know I petitioned ( not applied) Sorry I posted....

No need to be sorry you posted. You're just starting out with your process. If this is the only time you get burned on semantics, thank your lucky stars. Getting the semantics right is half the visa journey battle for many because it's the only way you're going to get the forms filled out correctly and the appropriate actions taken. The sooner you get that (as my mother would say) through your thick scull, the better. :thumbs:

I recommend firing any attorney that advises a visa interview will take place inside the country the visa is being issued to enter. It's just a totally ridiculous idea. On the other hand, perhaps the attorney was speaking of the AOS interview and the person simply misunderstood.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with pushbrk.... I think the lawyer was probably moving ahead and talking about the AOS interview.

There are no visa interviews conducted in the U.S. They are always conducted in the foreign fiance/spouse's country.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Maybe the attorney was confused and was thinking of marriage here and applying for adjustment of status which would take place in the US.
Just spoke with her myself, she was referring to the AOS process to take place in the US once the beneficiary has entered and married :blush: my sister was terribly confused because she is not familiar with the terminology or the process.

My friend filed an I-130 and has since been approved . Their interview was here in the US and she attended with their son. Her husband did not attend as he is in Guatemala. I never heard of this either
wow me neither!

Are you sure she is a bona fide lawyer?
:blush: Apparently she is, and my sister just misunderstood. What I am trying to do is get my sister to read and get more familiar with the process I think it's always good if you have some idea about the journey and what "should" happen when and where.

Thank you all for taking time to answer!

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

N400 Mailed: 12/09/2016

Priority Date: 12/13/2016

Biometrics Appmt: 01/13/17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Don't use one, unless you have too.

#1 Fire the lawyer NOW! Collect back any money you wasted as best you can, consider the loss "educational expense".

#2 Follow the instructions and fill out the forms and send them in with the requested documentation

#3 Wait

#4 Prepare for your interview which WILL take place in your fiancee's home country, despite what any addle brained attorney told you

The laws and regulations about these visas are VERY clear, there is nothing an attorney can do except SLOW the process. Attorneys like to point to the useless USCIS timelines that always list the oldest case in the system and then point out that THEIR cases got processed faster. They forget to point out that everyone's case gets processed faster! A lawyer cannot even possibly do anything until you give them all the necessary documents which means YOU do all the legwork. They then pay a secretary to fill in the forms, then YOU must go to sign them. You think an attorney's secretary will be motivated to process your forms faster than you? You can get all the CORRECT advice right in this forum for free. In my experience the people here know more than most attorneys and more than most USCIS employees.

Really...lose the lawyer! Read the forums here, ask questions, get the forms out in the mail and get prepared for your new life together

Gary

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.