panamania79

Polygamy

83 posts in this topic

Evolution of a thread. Polygamy to gangbangs to jackin off :lol:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
With overpopulation polyandry makes more sense than polygamy - too many mouths to feed on the earth as it is and that way everyone would still get to enjoy sex and marriage without overburdening the earth with an abundance of children. Someone's gotta think about the environment!!! :P

In Tibet some people practiced polyandry - all the brothers in one family would marry the same woman so the inheritance would not have to be divided. Makes sense.

Well, you don't have to be a Ph.D to have a kid, but practically have to be one to earn enough money to support that kid. Should be the other way around. Heard on the news this morning that per capita, the USA spends more money for education than any other country in the world, but yet we have a 30% dropout rate in high school. We are rapidly becoming a country of idiots, and those that do work hard, are paying for it.

With overpopulation polyandry makes more sense than polygamy - too many mouths to feed on the earth as it is and that way everyone would still get to enjoy sex and marriage without overburdening the earth with an abundance of children. Someone's gotta think about the environment!!! :P

In Tibet some people practiced polyandry - all the brothers in one family would marry the same woman so the inheritance would not have to be divided. Makes sense.

Well, you don't have to be a Ph.D to have a kid, but practically have to be one to earn enough money to support that kid. Should be the other way around. Heard on the news this morning that per capita, the USA spends more money for education than any other country in the world, but yet we have a 30% dropout rate in high school. We are rapidly becoming a country of idiots, and those that do work hard, are paying for it.

Nick! It takes a villiage. :lol:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ha, growing up in poverty, had to share a bed with my three brothers, then share a tiny pup tent with a stranger in the military, wasn't until I got married, finally had a bed of my own. Ex had PMS, somehow kept that quiet until after we were married, can you imagine having two or three wives with PMS? And what if they all ganged together to blow your paycheck? Or go on strike and refuse to do housework, heck, even with one, had to come home, clean up all the dirty dishes to cook a hot dog for supper.

this is what i'm thinking whenever someone brings up polygamy or polyandry...

i love my husband till the end of the earth, but if i had to wash double/triple/quadruple the amount of man-underwear, and clean up after two, three, four men till death do i part...? cook quadruple the amount?

holy smokes, i'd go insane...

Heard on the news this morning that per capita, the USA spends more money for education than any other country in the world, but yet we have a 30% dropout rate in high school. We are rapidly becoming a country of idiots, and those that do work hard, are paying for it.

yes, it's true... things are really bad out there... :unsure:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Go patti with the Nepali history. and yah the PMS subject, women living in the same environment, working etc.. tend to grow into matching cycles. so not only PMS @ same time, fertility pregnancy and rug rats @ the same time as well. not to mention all the other women involved inyour life now, mother in laws, in laws, cousins grandmas and aunties. all needing something medical money food money.clothing gifts..Goodluck with all that my strong and rich brothers!!! Allah bless you

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
It's important to note that polygamy has been around far longer than monogamy.

How exactly do we demonstrate that this is in fact true?

If pushbark said it, it's true.

Good enough for me. Really though, maybe pick up a history book or the Bible. Perhaps Adam had only one wife, perhaps not. To clarify, polygamy was an excepted practice far longer than it hasn't been, generally and is still common in some places. I've never understood why the Western countries with laws based on Judeo Christion history, rejected a practice their Scriptures clearly indicate was common among believers.

I am quite familiar with history and the Bible. I am aware that polygamy is very old practice, but that is not the same as saying that it originated before monogamy. As for the Bible, the Genesis account makes zero reference to any wife of Adam other than Eve, nor is there the slightest hint that he had a second wife at all, let alone at the same time as Eve. And Jesus makes it clear that in the beginning, marriage was between one man and one woman. The fact that in later times in the Bible there were many people who did practice polygamy does not equate to God approving of the practice. Also, in the New Testament we are told that marriage is a picture of the relationship between Christ and his Bride, the Church. Polygamy does not fit with that image.

The Bible serves it's purpose but that purpose is not to be a complete reference to all history and geneology. As such, the absense of any reference to a wife for Adam other than Eve, offers pretty much nothing in the way of information about whether he had more or when. At some time, in the history of the people chronicled the Bible, polygamy became commonplace. That combined with any prophetic condemnation thereof, leads me to believe God approved of the practice. Of course, polygamy has been practiced in many other cultures not mentioned in the Bible.

It's a wonderful book in many ways. Unfortunately, its passages have been interpreted, re-interpreted and misinterpreted to support just about any idea its readers have "preferred". Christ and his bride, the Church could conjur a number of images. I don't quite like the one where the bride is a building and prefer the one where the bride is the collective "believers". I don't get a singular reference that makes any sense to me. I'm not saying that means much with regard to polygamy, just that I don't know what image you have in mind or the one the writer had in mind.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thats whole nother subject amby, it has been desicrated over the yrs for sure.. I dont like it becaue it shows many good prophets as being incestious, murderers and the like. its truely a violent and xx rated for kids. Prob romans changed it when they wrote in it to love th tax man and pay him. Back when they translated it once again to thier language who knows.

Polygamy not needed or maybe will be needed in society @ present time seeing how with economy maybe husband and wife have to go out and get two jobs, need help with kids and etc @ home. will see what future brings, as of now no need. Women dont outnumber men and if they do lesbians doing good job taking care of each other right now.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.