Autumnchik

What's Everybody Eating for Holiday Meals?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
well around these parts they usually have tamales..

and I usually bring some kind of salad and appetizer...

LOVE tamales for Christmas! :thumbs::yes:

David's dad usually makes them and even David says he doesn't make them quite.. I did like the filling part but not the corn part ... David says his dad makes the corn part too thick or something...

this year they are having them made by someone else.. so I will give them another try..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

According to P Christmas Day is the 24th....so for Christmas we're having Schnitzel Holstein (schnitzel with pineapple slice on top with a peach half on top of that, on toast with egg) and for the 25th, probably ham.

New Year's Day we have corned beef, cabbage, and black eyed peas. Cabbage is for financial wealth, black eyed peas is for emotional wealth, and the corned beef is for physical health. No idea where that tradition started but my dad always cooked it, so maybe it's a southern thing or an amalgamated British thing? Or just some thing he cooked up and slapped "tradition" onto :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh yeah, I forgot to add we're making a giant Brezel for New Year's Day too. It must be the size of the cookie sheet :lol:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
New Year's Day we have corned beef, cabbage, and black eyed peas. Cabbage is for financial wealth, black eyed peas is for emotional wealth, and the corned beef is for physical health.

My FIL also cook cabbage & corned beef on New Year's Day. I have no idea either but it is good food for winter :yes:

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

I definitely was raised on the Christmas Eve 7 fishes

however now that I am older I have no idea what to make cuz most of those fishes I did not like at all

ok crab w/red sauce...fine

shrimp cocktail...fine

smelts........ewwwwwwww

sardines.....yuck

i cant think of the others...it was just a weird array of foods most of what I always looked forward to

any other fish ideas???

i will take indian fare anyday including christmas eve...love it and i am can cook it good too :thumbs:

oh yeah TUNA BALLS...that's right, tuna fish balls (as in meatballs) in red sauce

how many is that?? 5

there has to be more

brocolli rabe definitely

green beans with oil and red wine vinegar

sauteed mushrooms

wedding soup

pizelles

it's all coming back to me now

We are going to my daughter's and they usually barbeque

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

turkey

potato salad

green salad

greek rice (rice with veggies and raisins)

cranberry sauce (for hubby, i hate it)

for dessert i think i'll make peanut pavé

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

This is the first year in many where I won't be cooking but just enjoying. Christmas eve is at our house but Cristina's brother is making the Spanish Cocido, a soup stew eaten as a soup first and then a 2nd course of it's meats and veggies, as Rachel Ray says "Yummo" and then on Xmas day we've been invited to a friends house for Roasted Pork Loin and Smashed potatoes, I am providing the salad and a fruit salad for that meal...

All done for the next 10 years...

Now more then ever..."and Miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We're having shrimp cocktail, tomatoes with basil and fresh mozarella cheese, standing rib roast, cornish hens, roasted vegetables, baby new potatoes, cornbread stuffing, caesar salad, apple pie and cheesecake.

I love the holidays!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Christmas Eve it'll be whatever I can be bothered to make as I'm on my own.

Christmas dinner we have for starters prawn cocktail, then traditional turkey, with gravy, cranberry sauce, roast potatoes, carrots, brussel sprouts (yuck), peas and whatever other veg. For dessert it's either trifle or christmas pudding with brandy sauce. Then in the evening we usually have a buffet followed by some christmas cake.

Boxing Day is normally a ham buffet or something.

I definitely was raised on the Christmas Eve 7 fishes

however now that I am older I have no idea what to make cuz most of those fishes I did not like at all

ok crab w/red sauce...fine

shrimp cocktail...fine

smelts........ewwwwwwww

sardines.....yuck

i cant think of the others...it was just a weird array of foods most of what I always looked forward to

any other fish ideas???

i will take indian fare anyday including christmas eve...love it and i am can cook it good too :thumbs:

Sometimes we had scungilli salad (which I hated as a kid and have not tried as an adult), calamari (yummy!), sole.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png