Christmas Week Starts....Everyone's Welcome..

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi Buddies,

It was been a depressing weeks and it is now a week, when we can expect to hear/get some good news...Atleast a holly touch :thumbs: !

Let pray to our God to make our dreams come true...and this is a dream which is not unreal and yet a deserving one for everyone....

Good Luck my friends.....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Soniasharmin,

I don't mean to play spoilsport here but do remember that between now and the end of the year is the holiday season - I would expect most people at VSC to be taking time off and spending it with their families. And so I wouldn't expect much to happen in terms of approvals until people start coming back to work in the New Year. I really hope that they start tackling the backlog with renewed vigor when they come back and give us the news we have all been waiting to hear.

Also as bad as your situation may seem to be, please remember that there are a number of people who applied (especially for K3) even before you, that are still waiting. Just give it some time and I am sure you will hear something positive soon (luckily for you VSC seems to be moving on the CR-1/IR-1 cases faster than K3).

Deepak

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Timeline
Soniasharmin,

I don't mean to play spoilsport here but do remember that between now and the end of the year is the holiday season - I would expect most people at VSC to be taking time off and spending it with their families. And so I wouldn't expect much to happen in terms of approvals until people start coming back to work in the New Year. I really hope that they start tackling the backlog with renewed vigor when they come back and give us the news we have all been waiting to hear.

Also as bad as your situation may seem to be, please remember that there are a number of people who applied (especially for K3) even before you, that are still waiting. Just give it some time and I am sure you will hear something positive soon (luckily for you VSC seems to be moving on the CR-1/IR-1 cases faster than K3).

Deepak

Dear RooDoo,

I don't think we are here to compete with each other in terms of waiting period. And also I know this is a holiday season going on. This is a place where we can breathe, share... Not just poke one another by saying who is facing what, who is before me and who is after!!! You seem more frustrated than me.... God bless you buddy....

One more thing, if you, for any reason, don't like this thread, no one would force you to post something...TRUST ME!!!

:angry: I received a letter from my congresswoman on Friday. I forget the actual dates they gave me and I left the letter at home, but they gave me processing dates at VSC like March and April for the I-130's and I-129F's. Good news though..... my file isn't lost....

Nice to know...

They told that the new administration coming in with Obama may change things. They are hopeful... BUT who knows if they just tell everybody that just to keep them quiet.

It is a bit ridiculous how the k-1's are getting approved fast then the k-3's. Wouldn't it make sense to unite the couples that are already married? I don't understand.

We already made a commitment ... :bonk:

I'm sure they are short staffed in VSC this week and next. Good luck to who ever can get through the cracks in the next 2 weeks.

Edited by jenprado1130

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

'RooDee' - Waiting is hard for everyone...irrespective of how long the wait is…

We understand that this is a short week @ VSC but that does not mean we stop hoping for a few miracles..

Soniasharmin – I do hope and pray that this week brings us some good news…a touch, a transfer, an approval…anything :innocent:

Edited by Serendipity_

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

If your I-130 is with Vermont, you do not have a prayer of being approved this week, nor do you likely have a prayer of being approved in January, or even February. VSC is not finished with the March K-3'ers (see my timeline), they have not gotten into the April's yet. There is a reason USCIS, after 32 days, has not updated their processing times table. They have not moved forward.

If you are at California, smile, you can rest assured your application will get finished before it would if it was in Vermont. If you are in Vermont, pray that you get transferred to California.

CJ-G

Soniasharmin,

Deepak

Dear RooDoo,

I don't think we are here to compete with each other in terms of waiting period. And also I know this is a holiday season going on. This is a place where we can breathe, share... Not just poke one another by saying who is facing what, who is before me and who is after!!! You seem more frustrated than me.... God bless you buddy....

One more thing, if you, for any reason, don't like this thread, no one would force you to post something...TRUST ME!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

CJ-G, nothing yet? stay focused on email and case status. should come any day now. dont u feel the good vibes?

enjoy life,

Andreea

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
After all waiting, I took the decision to wait on my approve here in US. Now we are togehter and I fly back to Sweden when its time for the interview. Its feel great to be together again! I wish you all here a Good Christmas!

hey, cris11, can you tell me about your US entry? what questions did they ask you? did you have to tell them about your visa petitions? any "stupid" comments that made you feel uncomfortable? how i wish i could go to the US for a visit. my country is a participant in the VWP too, but i just cannot take the risk to be turned back home because my baby would be with me of course...2 long distance flights in 2 days...imagine that stress for such a little person...

Edited by andalib

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'll join in and say, I hope many have more christmas presents :)

Sonia,

we're here for ya

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Sonia, sweetie, complain to your heart's content and don't let anyone try and stop you!!!

We're here for you!

Worst case scenario, if you look at your time line from the June 2008 dates, you're more than halfway there! The finish line comes closer each day!

After all waiting, I took the decision to wait on my approve here in US. Now we are togehter and I fly back to Sweden when its time for the interview. Its feel great to be together again! I wish you all here a Good Christmas!

hey, cris11, can you tell me about your US entry? what questions did they ask you? did you have to tell them about your visa petitions? any "stupid" comments that made you feel uncomfortable? how i wish i could go to the US for a visit. my country is a participant in the VWP too, but i just cannot take the risk to be turned back home because my baby would be with me of course...2 long distance flights in 2 days...imagine that stress for such a little person...

Several people with VWP came without any problems, many times. My husband came without problems before we got married. Once we got married, they denied him entry. Of course, he told them he was visiting his wife, which was not the right thing to do. So if you're coming with a baby...I don't know about that. Do you have other family or friends you can say you're visiting? If you do, then I would tell them that.

Timeline

CJ-G along with few June filers got approved today....All my best wishes with them for the future journey @ NVC... :thumbs:

To all members who were very aggressive towards me for being later filer than them, I have only TWO WORDS for them "GOD HELPS"

Best of Luck CJ-G....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Soniasharmin,

If my post on this thread rubbed you the wrong way, let me apologize sincerely. It was not my intention to come across as a smart-###. I was merely pointing out the fact that having filed your I-130 in June 08, it was probably a little premature for you to expect an approval (given that April & May filers are still waiting). But of course I was going by the timeline you posted and had no clue that you had started this process in last June. In that case you do deserve to be approved before anyone else here. You do need to get your husband to contact his senators/congressmen right away because it is simply not right for you two to have to wait 18 months or more to be together in the US.

Deepak

CJ-G along with few June filers got approved today....All my best wishes with them for the future journey @ NVC... :thumbs:

To all members who were very aggressive towards me for being later filer than them, I have only TWO WORDS for them "GOD HELPS"

Best of Luck CJ-G....

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Timeline
Soniasharmin,

If my post on this thread rubbed you the wrong way, let me apologize sincerely. It was not my intention to come across as a smart-###. I was merely pointing out the fact that having filed your I-130 in June 08, it was probably a little premature for you to expect an approval (given that April & May filers are still waiting). But of course I was going by the timeline you posted and had no clue that you had started this process in last June. In that case you do deserve to be approved before anyone else here. You do need to get your husband to contact his senators/congressmen right away because it is simply not right for you two to have to wait 18 months or more to be together in the US.

Deepak

Best of Luck CJ-G....

Thank you....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.