SpiritAlight

Weather depot

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We live in Denver and it has a lot colder than usual, we've broken the low temp record twice which I believe was -16ºF. The snowfall has been about normal, it's the artic fronts that keeps us bundled up but this week is supposed to be back to normal which I believe is 44ºF. Brrr!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It's 3F, but with windchill it feels like -15F (says the weatherman). I think the last 2 years, temp around 0F did not happen until late Jan. It's my 3rd midwest winter and in mid Dec I am ready for spring.

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

we live in western oregon and we are getting hit again with snow and ice they said this is third to the worst storm that has been recorded in thirty years..............well at least we get a white holiday :whistle:

This is the most its rained in southern California in a few years :unsure: but I hope it doesn't stop, we certainly need it. :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

We had cooler weeks before Thanksgiving here in Florida which seemed different, from December seems to be back to normal. Today the high in the low 60's, in 2 days back up in the 80's. And the 80's for Christmas day. :( I don't like that, I'd like 50-60's.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Yes, the unusual has indeed become the usual.

Yesterday, I ducked into a restaurant doorway to await the bus.

A woman came into the foyer and was bundling up, looking at me, so I looked back and smiled.

The conversation went like this:

her: "You live here." (implied not asked)

me: "I have moved here recently and I will be moving away ASAP." (still smiling)

her: "I live in Las Vegas, and this is way too much for me. How do you people do it?!"

me: "Oh? Did you come here to escape the snow?" (full on laughing now)

her: not amused at all...oops... she says, "I will be leaving as soon as I can and it is not soon enough!"

me: as she is leaving... "Enjoy! Be safe."

Yup, she was just being my mind speaking out loud.

We are all mirrors for each other.

Well, another things, perhaps I should put this in the vent thread:

I really hate it when people say to me, "You are from Canada. You should be used to this!"

They have obviously never been to the WestCoast.

I left Winter behind when I moved from Montreal to Vancouver January '95.

And now...I should get me head examined...living in Chicago.

Oh love is truly blind... hahahahaahahahaahahahaahahaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaahahahahaha!!!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

This is crazy here in Seattle. I've been here 8 years and never experienced this weather here before. Insane. The city is NOT prepared for this. Not enough de-icer, not enough snow plows. People have been stranded at the airport for days because so many flights in/out of SeaTac have been cancelled. We can get our car out of our garage because every time we shovel, more snow just dumps on it and the snow plow(s) aren't clearing the arterial streets. Even the main roads are a mess and if you don't have chains you can't go anywhere.

My heart goes out to the people who have been stranded at the airport, the Greyhound and train stations. And those with no homes who can't even go to the shelters because they're overflowing.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

We already have 5 people staying in our 2 bedroom house for Christmas(4 days total), but any freezing souls can come stay with us for a 80-something degree Christmas. You can stay in a porch outside, we have 2...a front and back porch, big enough for a few people in each. :P (I HATE being warm on Christmas, but I don't want to be literally freezing either)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline
Thanks for your responses, every one.

And you too Amby. :P

After Winter officially starting yesterday, and my outdoor adventure yesterday in the crazy gusts and windchill to absolutely painful, I will not be going back outside until:

1. I am going to the airport to go south

2. the temperature goes above 32 F (0 C).

Yes, I am officially calling myself a wimp...for the first time. :blush:

So cold and dry, and nose bleeds are just no fun.

My skin feels like it no longer fits my body.

I may be looking for skin lotion applying volunteers....

:lol:

It's fecking freezing here too! I'm not going outside until it warms up or I'm on my way somewhere warmer too :P

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I went to work last Wednesday the 10th to fly out of the heliport in Abbeville, LA. It was foggy with a low ceiling offshore and nothing was flying, so I had to camp out in a hotel overnight. I woke up the next morning and it was snowing it's azz off in beautiful downtown Abbeville. It snowed until about noon, but it was not cold enough to stick on the ground. Snows like that are almost nonexistent so far south. The weather system blanketed snow across the south from Texas, Louisiana, and further east.

And just a few months earlier in the year we had major hurricanes blow through TX and LA. Talk about weather extremes!

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Poor folks stuck at airports and poor folks without homes.

Tough times.

Yes, chains in Seattle...like in Vancouver, the mountainous roads in the city and the lack of snow plows and salt/sand to fling around is due to these cities are not supposed to get real Winter.

This is what I'm talkin' about!

I thought of moving to Seattle to be near my beloved Vancouver and the lovely West Coast, and now, hmmmm...

Oh what to do...

I wait.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow i saw on the news yesterday a guy pulled up to pxd and offered rides to anyone trying to get to Seattle for 200 a head they said his suv filled up so fast they could not even get the guy on camera had to rely on cams at the airport to even get a pic of the suv

on side note we were not suppose to get snow today in the outer salem area, wrong snowing like crazy and ice under the snow

:whistle: it's looken alot like christmas...............

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Yes, the unusual has indeed become the usual.

Yesterday, I ducked into a restaurant doorway to await the bus.

A woman came into the foyer and was bundling up, looking at me, so I looked back and smiled.

The conversation went like this:

her: "You live here." (implied not asked)

me: "I have moved here recently and I will be moving away ASAP." (still smiling)

her: "I live in Las Vegas, and this is way too much for me. How do you people do it?!"

me: "Oh? Did you come here to escape the snow?" (full on laughing now)

her: not amused at all...oops... she says, "I will be leaving as soon as I can and it is not soon enough!"

me: as she is leaving... "Enjoy! Be safe."

Yup, she was just being my mind speaking out loud.

We are all mirrors for each other.

Well, another things, perhaps I should put this in the vent thread:

I really hate it when people say to me, "You are from Canada. You should be used to this!"

They have obviously never been to the WestCoast.

I left Winter behind when I moved from Montreal to Vancouver January '95.

And now...I should get me head examined...living in Chicago.

Oh love is truly blind... hahahahaahahahaahahahaahahaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaahahahahaha!!!

:star:

You should have hit her with the pepper spray. :jest:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You cannot get in or out of our town at the moment. All interstates and highways are closed. It's horrendously icy. My friend has just phoned me and asked me to dump hot water on her car door (she's parked outside our house) so she can get into the bloody thing when she leaves work in a bit.

It's really nasty. I love snow but ice I hate with a vengeance.