SpiritAlight

Weather depot

62 posts in this topic

Hello Dear VJers,

Perhaps this interests you too: the weather.

Is it different/unusual where you are too?

More cold, more snow, less snow cleaning service and almost no salt thrown on roads let alone on sidewalks. Budget cuts; not prepared for this much "winter"...who knows.

Oh but there are very pretty decorations on the lamp posts and planters all over the city. :bonk:

I see that back where I had become accustomed, in the Pacific Northwest/Canadian Southwest, they are having snow and ice.

ICE!

We never had ice in the city...just on those really tall mountain tops...where it belonged.

And so, my curiosity is to see if the whole planet is experiencing strangeness.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

much colder, much snowier and much much more icier in Iowa 10 yrs ago it was warmer warmer warmer until past 3 yrs. Tornadoes earlier march april may , more in numbers, bigger in size.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

'Change' is more than a political slogan. The weather has changed for billions of years.... I expect the trend to continue.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

'Change' is more than a political slogan. The weather has changed for billions of years.... I expect the trend to continue.

Hey Lucky you gettin pounded with snow down there? Its just startin here.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Last time I checked it was 27c the other day here in Florida in December?.. It was colder last month although that was due to a cold front... I'd say the weather at winter has changed quite a bit for me at least and it has nothing to do with global warming! :lol: Just moving from Ireland to Florida was enough to make all signs of winter vanish forever!!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Just starting. I'm supposed to go to the Seahawks game tomorrow. If Snoqualmie pass is open.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Definitely colder here - we got January weather starting in mid October and except for a few days this week it has been continuing 15 to 20 degrees below normal. We had a warm spell but temperatures are plummeting today from 62 to 22 by this afternoon. Our normal low should be in the mid 40s. Last year was also much much drier than usual and we are still facing severe drought conditions. Global warming is supposed to make the weather a lot more erratic and that certainly seems to be happening.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Same as it is every year, overcast and cold. Snow always arrives the same time, usually the week between Christmas and New Year, or just after. And same as every year no one is prepares for it unless you live up north.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm used to winter weather around 10C -- that's about 50F -- so a winter that actually involves snow (that doesn't melt on impact) is a huge shock to the system. I knew winters would be colder in Canada than on the eastern side of Texas, but both my wife and I were under the impression that snow is an unusual occurrence in Vancouver.

Although... if Las Vegas is experiencing snow, I suppose this shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

this part of oregon is not used to the freezing and snow sure we have some days but mostly not snow that sticks so our road workers are not up to speed on it, travel this past week even to a doctor required a lot of gutts to get out there lol news was telling everyone to stock up on supplies cuz another bad one coming last satr it didnt happen but we have alot of food now lol.....

seriously weather is changing summers are not so hot now, and winters are harder on this side of oregon

We've had several cold fronts pushng south already. On average we get 5 frost days a year here, but Im sure this winter we'll see more

One day it's in the 70-ies the next day in the 40-ies... no wonder my sinusses are bound to explode *sniffles*

Entry in the USA: May 13 2005

10 yr GC approved: October 5 2007

Just starting. I'm supposed to go to the Seahawks game tomorrow. If Snoqualmie pass is open.

Did you go to the game? I see snoqualmie was closed. Stevens and blewett open though. Good luck bud!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Thanks for your responses, every one.

And you too Amby. :P

After Winter officially starting yesterday, and my outdoor adventure yesterday in the crazy gusts and windchill to absolutely painful, I will not be going back outside until:

1. I am going to the airport to go south

2. the temperature goes above 32 F (0 C).

Yes, I am officially calling myself a wimp...for the first time. :blush:

So cold and dry, and nose bleeds are just no fun.

My skin feels like it no longer fits my body.

I may be looking for skin lotion applying volunteers....

:lol:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit