Not Available

Our Christmas tree lol

29 posts in this topic

Im decorating our 10 year GC! It makes us happier!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

good for you!! Last years' Christmas was a bummer for us.. i really wish I'd had your attitude of making the best of a trying situation.. well done!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nice :)

We don't need to spend on live trees anymore... we just reuse the fake tree we got and it looks cute too. Bad thing is it has to go in the spare bedroom with the door closed since our cats like to climb it. Last year was OK since they were kittens but now...

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

that's so cute!!!

I sucked it up one year about 4 yrs ago and got a fiber optic one. No lights to string just plug it in and hang the ornaments which are mostly homemade from the kids during various stages of their lives.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Edit: thats suppose to say "When the Economy sucks" lol

So due to our car and oven breaking down, our dog needing to go the vet, and dental bills, my husband and I had to go into our "Christmas Fund" and pretty much milked it dry. So we decided not to get a Christmas tree this year, but the house just seemed so empty without one! So I went to the dollar store today and bought a whole bunch of poster board and made this concoction! lol

It's no $100 tree, but I like it lol

tree.jpg

You gotta do whatcha gotta do :thumbs:

I think it is a very creative idea and so nice that you arent letting money get in the way of the real spirit of Christmas

I want to tell you ..you are not the only one struggling to keep up this Christmas

Happy Holidays!

I resorted to a hand me down FAKE tree, which was hard to stomach but you know what it ended up being perfect and I can just burn my pine scented candle to get some real essence :P

I like it!!!! It's a wonderful alternative for a Christmas tree and it's original. :thumbs:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Edit: thats suppose to say "When the Economy sucks" lol

So due to our car and oven breaking down, our dog needing to go the vet, and dental bills, my husband and I had to go into our "Christmas Fund" and pretty much milked it dry. So we decided not to get a Christmas tree this year, but the house just seemed so empty without one! So I went to the dollar store today and bought a whole bunch of poster board and made this concoction! lol

It's no $100 tree, but I like it lol

tree.jpg

Now you are making me feel guilty, when we first got married, didn't even have a single ornament in the house, after six years, loaded with boxes of stuff, practically all purchased 60-70% off. We must have over a hundred trees now ranging in size from 6" to eight feet tall. Wife and I are into LeMax, started off with a couple of houses and a church to our present display that is taking up 77 square feet of our living room, with more in our sitting room. But I still recall the days after my dad abandoned our mother leaving us dirt broke, we had a Merry Christmas by making our own decorations, and a neighbor gave us a tree, was a fun Christmas.

Wife and I stayed up late last night doing the final touches, inviting friends for a party tonight. She did break one rule, found a LeMax animated nativity she fell in love with, but the markdown was only 30%, gave her the go ahead to buy it, she put it in the center of our town. While she has the say on what goes where, it's my job just to wire it with her rule, no wires are to be visible, I made an exception, put our courthouse directly behind the nativity, ha, screw the ALCU, this is my town.

Have to post a picture, as soon as I learn how to, must be a site where you can load pictures to paste the URL, haven't gotten into that yet. Other boards, can load directly into, haven't found that option here.