16 posts in this topic

Married for a month to k1. She tried to get me to help her get her gc by promising a clean divorce. She is living in my home. I notified ICE they took report. I am afraid to go home in fear she might try to trump up a charge of violence in order to self petition. I think she will self petition for aos anyway to buy time here. She lied by telling me she has no family here but she has a aunt in a nearby city and i have a photo with them. any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im sorry for you and the situation.

I would start by getting her out of your home. You shouldnt live in fear that she is going to "try something". Maybe she can go live with the aunt that you mentioned.

I dont have any immi advise, just be careful and take care of yourself

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

With a marriage of only one month, how much cleaner can a divorce become? She's not entitled to much more than her personal possessions and a ticket back home, I'd imagine.

Married for a month to k1. She tried to get me to help her get her gc by promising a clean divorce. She is living in my home. I notified ICE they took report. I am afraid to go home in fear she might try to trump up a charge of violence in order to self petition. I think she will self petition for aos anyway to buy time here. She lied by telling me she has no family here but she has a aunt in a nearby city and i have a photo with them. any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Timeline

Is this is an AOS case, she has no base if you divorce her...you can file for divorce.

So why did you move out? She can claim home abandonement in your divorce...don't leave your house.

Don't discuss with her anything...and avoid confrontations.

Regardless that is a one month marriage...or 5 days marriage, depending on the State...your home can be her home too, so I would check with a divorce lawyer. Don't get involve in things that you don't want to.

Without a sponsor, she can't file for AOS.

Definitely contact an attorney. Does your state allow annulments? If so, petition to have the marriage set aside. Should be better than a divorce. By all means, move back into your home. While you are gone she has access to everything you have and it doesn't look good for you to be gone.

If you get the chance, take photos of her in shorts and small shirts. She might take the aggressive step of beating herself as evidence of your physical abuse. If a friend can move in for a short time, do it.

Contact your local police department and explain your situation before any calls are made by her.

Be careful, avoid drinking and definitely no drugs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Go get annulment on basis of fraud, should not be problem to end it clean that way! Then she is out of status and no GC. DO NOT FILE FOR A GC with her or sponsor her at all! :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A lot of states have fast track divorces for short time marriages.

Start reading about divorce in your state then call a lawyer, but before you do that call the police to put the situation on record.

Like others said, go home.

Anyone know why ICE wouldn't take her into custody upon the husband filing a report? What does it take to get ICE to take a fraudster out of your house?

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

A lot of states have fast track divorces for short time marriages.

Start reading about divorce in your state then call a lawyer, but before you do that call the police to put the situation on record.

Like others said, go home.

Anyone know why ICE wouldn't take her into custody upon the husband filing a report? What does it take to get ICE to take a fraudster out of your house?

Thanks everyone for your help. I am consulting a immigration lawyer and a divorce lawyer. I dont know what it takes for ICE to move because its at their discretion, I made the report and I made the police report and I am living in my home in a hostile environment. My advice to anyone is to be careful on your visa journey because immigration fraud is very very real and they are good at it and they (the crooks) have a network of support. Thank you all again. :thumbs:

Is this is an AOS case, she has no base if you divorce her...you can file for divorce.

So why did you move out? She can claim home abandonement in your divorce...don't leave your house.

Don't discuss with her anything...and avoid confrontations.

Regardless that is a one month marriage...or 5 days marriage, depending on the State...your home can be her home too, so I would check with a divorce lawyer. Don't get involve in things that you don't want to.

Without a sponsor, she can't file for AOS.

YEP. No I-864 No GC. Been some cases recently of peeps being deported because sponsor died before GC issued.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

"Anyone know why ICE wouldn't take her into custody upon the husband filing a report? What does it take to get ICE to take a fraudster out of your house?"

Oh well, my husband, the USC tried to do this to me after almost 1 year of marriage.... just to get rid of his wife in the most easyest way possible, just throuw her out of the country because a spouse ask it. That's just nice ! How about the oath they took to love, care, cherish.... nothing but empty words.

Thank God that here, at least in theory, a person is considered not guilty until proven otherwise....

So, evidence is what you need!!!! Then, you may ask for justice in your case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.