205 posts in this topic

I'm the only one bashing this thread?

When did I say that?

Do you really find comfort in this story? Comfort? weird.

Again, when did I say that?

I actually find myself feeling kind of sorry for you, nycgirl. You have nothing better to do than stir up trouble and personally attack people on this site? Much ado about nothing, IMO, and yet you choose to make it so.

Don't bother responding. You are officially on 'ignore'.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Whatever Dr. Jeff Owens preaches is his business obviously. Scorn of the marginalized is obviously one of his weapons to attract attention, and a popular weapon at that.

Listening to his marital health CDs is no substitute for person-to-person pastoral counseling in which the counselor raises the tough questions. If your own pastor is unavailable for marital counseling, there are many others who make themselves available right there in your new home town. Or perhaps you might find it embarrassing if someone observed the two of you going regularly to a counselor's office? Are you contrite enough to accept the counselor's intrusions on your personal life? Is she ready for the same?

I listened to his materials in addition.

Indeed, I have been counseled by my pastor, a professional marriage counselor and therapist (both covered by my insurance thankfully). My wife is eager and ready to go through the same counseling as I have. We don't find it embarrassing at all, and are looking forward to doing anything we can to strengthen our marriage.

I have learned that embarrassment is what you experience by not finding help and counseling when you need it, and then watching as your marriage falls apart. Now, that was embarrassing.

We won't make that same mistake twice.

Owens marital CD's are just a tool for reinforcement, and can be listened to while traveling in the car, or sitting at home with nothing to do after the children have gone to sleep. :)

Always enjoyed your down-to-earth responses. Thanks for the post, Old Dominion.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
You've made it clear how you feel, nycgirl.... I'm curious as to why you feel the need to continue to flame him.

Despite what you might think, there may be some who are in troubled relationships who may find comfort in valsu's journey. Many of us are/were here for that reason. Whether or not you personally believe him is irrelevant. He's entitled to his beliefs and opinions the same as you are.... I'm just not sure I understand what you're attempting to achieve by continuing to bash this thread.

Jen

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

And for the OTHER Jenn!....don't close the thread...get rid of the problem! :whistle:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Why do you feel the need to keep on responding to the haters? I'm glad you came to terms with the fact that you made mistakes as well as her and you're now trying to do the best to make your marriage work.. that's all it matter, stop responding to people who can only see through their eyes, people who are quick judging others and making assumptions about others people's lives.

I'm not taking sides here, just trying to be rational, I just don't see the need to get angry or making judgements against the OP or any body else.

Chill out..

Peace

You're right, pcana. I normally don't, and usually just react somewhat calmly, if at all, to such folks.

I just felt a little outspoken today, and simply said what was on my mind for the heck of it.

I feel I played fair, though; and I mostly just clarified facts, rather than retaliating or venting--which I could have easily done.

I'll probably be back to my meek self tomorrow since I have other things I need to concentrate my focus on in the morning.

I really don't care or mind what they have to say, nor am I upset at all. I certainly can't change the past, and anybody can review history and declare what "should" have been done. People are judgmental like that from birth. Until they realize they aren't perfect, then they'll probably always bash others for sport.

I don't care how they feel about me; I just felt up to saying a piece about it today, and so I did.

:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Why do you feel the need to keep on responding to the haters? I'm glad you came to terms with the fact that you made mistakes as well as her and you're now trying to do the best to make your marriage work.. that's all it matter, stop responding to people who can only see through their eyes, people who are quick judging others and making assumptions about others people's lives.

I'm not taking sides here, just trying to be rational, I just don't see the need to get angry or making judgements against the OP or any body else.

Chill out..

Peace

You're right, pcana. I normally don't, and usually just react somewhat calmly, if at all, to such folks.

I just felt a little outspoken today, and simply said what was on my mind for the heck of it.

I feel I played fair, though; and I mostly just clarified facts, rather than retaliating or venting--which I could have easily done.

I'll probably be back to my meek self tomorrow since I have other things I need to concentrate my focus on in the morning.

I really don't care or mind what they have to say, nor am I upset at all. I certainly can't change the past, and anybody can review history and declare what "should" have been done. People are judgmental like that from birth. Until they realize they aren't perfect, then they'll probably always bash others for sport.

I don't care how they feel about me; I just felt up to saying a piece about it today, and so I did.

Dude, your wife is in jail. Either get her out, and make it right, or buy her a ticket home back to PI. It's real easy. I'm not a "hater," but the girl is in JAIL.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Chill out..

Peace

Dude, your wife is in jail. Either get her out, and make it right, or buy her a ticket home back to PI. It's real easy. I'm not a "hater," but the girl is in JAIL.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
This is an oxymoron. If you are legal, they can't put you in jail because you don't have papers on you. This is not a remote village in the middle of nowhere, it's the US.

If you are ILLEGAL, and don't have any documentation, then I could see why ICE could pick you up.

Yes, they can. You just have to prove after the fact that you are legal. A lot of that depends on the border patrol officer doing the arrest. My attorney said he worked another case where a guy was out of status from overstaying a visa, and ICE simply questioned him for an hour, and released him, but said they would follow up with him in 90 days to make sure he applied for his adjustment.

Things are getting much more strict, and a lot of it goes back to 9/11.

You said she was picked up TWO STATES AWAY! She doesn't need papers to travel state to state so please explain what the *uck you are talking about. How did BP pick her up??? It is not like she was caught going to Mexico or Canada.

And no, they can't. Since I'm LEGAL, ICE would have NO problem with me. They can't pick me up and throw me in their car for walking down the street. If they pick you up, they have probably been looking for you.

Please stop talking complete s*hit. You are annoying as all hell and I'm tired of this thread completely. Why are there 13 pages for someone who didn't follow the law, and then goes on and on about how his poor wife goes from a shelter, to an immigration facility, etc.

You shouldn't be married. Period. You have had a crappy pseudo-marriage and expect people to care and learn from your mistakes. No one would take advice from you at this point so stop sounding like you are a great example of what not to do and how to fix it.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
He came here seeking a podium to trash his imigrant wife, promote his savior (Jeff Owens), and seek unconditional support for his situation. Sorry, he's not geting it from me.

Bolded is patently obvious, the rest speculation. Point made over & over. Again, why do you, or the others, care so much to get all wound up?

trainwreck5.jpg

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
He came here seeking a podium to trash his imigrant wife, promote his savior (Jeff Owens), and seek unconditional support for his situation. Sorry, he's not geting it from me.

Bolded is patently obvious, the rest speculation. Point made over & over. Again, why do you, or the others, care so much to get all wound up?

trainwreck5.jpg

Can I have an AMEN?!?!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

:blush::blush:

This is an oxymoron. If you are legal, they can't put you in jail because you don't have papers on you. This is not a remote village in the middle of nowhere, it's the US.

If you are ILLEGAL, and don't have any documentation, then I could see why ICE could pick you up.

Yes, they can. You just have to prove after the fact that you are legal. A lot of that depends on the border patrol officer doing the arrest. My attorney said he worked another case where a guy was out of status from overstaying a visa, and ICE simply questioned him for an hour, and released him, but said they would follow up with him in 90 days to make sure he applied for his adjustment.

Things are getting much more strict, and a lot of it goes back to 9/11.

You said she was picked up TWO STATES AWAY! She doesn't need papers to travel state to state so please explain what the *uck you are talking about. How did BP pick her up??? It is not like she was caught going to Mexico or Canada.

And no, they can't. Since I'm LEGAL, ICE would have NO problem with me. They can't pick me up and throw me in their car for walking down the street. If they pick you up, they have probably been looking for you.

Please stop talking complete s*hit. You are annoying as all hell and I'm tired of this thread completely. Why are there 13 pages for someone who didn't follow the law, and then goes on and on about how his poor wife goes from a shelter, to an immigration facility, etc.

You shouldn't be married. Period. You have had a crappy pseudo-marriage and expect people to care and learn from your mistakes. No one would take advice from you at this point so stop sounding like you are a great example of what not to do and how to fix it.

Hallelujah!!!!! This has been on my mind for sometime now. How on earth did they just pick her up just like that?? Did she have a sticker on her forehead saying out of status?? Was she pulled over for speeding,expired tag,driving a stolen car etc?...hmmm :blink:

This guy reported fraud to ICE and they were looking for her.He was bitter because she left him. Call me judgmental if you like,but a part of my role at work is to identify and report abuse.I am trained in this area of work.At first, i actually felt sorry for you,however, after closely monitoring your posts; i am now convinced that this is a classic abuse situation.Do you realise how serious this is?

Timeline

trainwreck5.jpg

Can I have an AMEN?!?!

:lol: Great pic, Charles. That is exactly how it looks in my head.

I don't care, it is just so annoying that this thread has gone on and on.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

C'mon now, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

I'm just watchign this one for the popcorn. :devil:

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline

:lol: I could care less who says what to what I said. I'm usually a pretty understanding person and try to be conscious of what I say/write, but in this case, this whole thing is just annoying me to the point of aggravation.

I really think he is just taking advantage of people's eye sight at this point.

My eyes filled with grit

The OP'S postings speaks volumes!! I wish I could contact this poor woman and advise her of what she needs to do. There are many legal routes that she can persue.This OP doesn't even know how serious this is/can become.

I would not be surprised if in the next couple of days he starts writing here and pretend that it is his wife. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.