Valsu

Update: "True Love" Post

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Do what you can to do what she wants at current time. or what both of you want @ current time. Does not sound you both have good planning or commitment and definately trust.. Sound like y ou both good for each other. Keep living lavida loca!! keep rest of us out thats good!!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Timeline

I suspect that your documents will not be sufficient, but of course the consultation with the attorney can confirm or deny this, tomorrow.

How Do I Post Bond for an Alien in Detention?

Background

Delivery Bond

Voluntary Departure Bond

How Do I Post a Bond?

Cash Bond

Surety Bond

What information is Required for Posting a Bond?

Can Anyone Help Me?

How Do I Receive A Refund for a Cash Bond?

Background

You may be able to secure the release of an alien who has been detained by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) if you post a bond for the alien. A bond is a contract between the person or company posting the bond (the obligor) and the ICE. ICE may make a demand on the obligor to have the alien appear for a hearing, interview or removal from the country. ICE will do this by sending the obligor a Form I-340 (Notice to Obligor to Deliver Alien). If the alien does not show up for ICE interviews or depart the country on time, the person posting the bond will have breached the contract with ICE and may lose the money or collateral paid for the bond. Two types of bonds are discussed below: Delivery Bond and Voluntary Departure Bond. Please note: Not all ICE field offices accept bonds. Please see our field offices home page for more information on local office procedures.

Delivery Bond

A person who is arrested by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and is issued a Warrant of Arrest (Form I-205) and a Notice of Custody Conditions (Form I-286) may be eligible for a delivery bond. The amount of a delivery bond should be sufficient to ensure that the alien will appear for any future immigration proceedings. In order to be considered for bond, the alien must be eligible (see the Code of Federal Regulations at 8 CFR § 236.1) and demonstrate to the satisfaction of the immigration officer that such release would not pose a danger to property or persons, and that the alien is likely to appear for any future proceedings.

Voluntary Departure Bond

An alien who is allowed to depart the country voluntarily after being placed in removal proceedings (or in lieu of such proceedings) has been granted Voluntary Departure. The Immigration Judge may, and, in some cases, must, require that someone post a bond in an amount that will ensure that the alien departs the United States within the time specified.

How Do I Post a Bond?

There are two ways to post a bond after ICE determines that an alien is eligible for a delivery bond ($1500 minimum) or is granted Voluntary Departure with bond ($500 minimum): Cash Bond and Surety Bond. A cash bond and a surety bond are two methods of posting either a delivery bond or a voluntary departure bond.

Cash Bond

A cash bond must be paid directly to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Please contact your local ICE field office for more information on contacting local ICE offices and local procedures and hours of operation.

When a cash bond is posted, it must be for the full amount of the bond, and in one of the following four forms:

CASH

MONEY ORDER

CASHIER'S CHECK

U.S. BONDS or NOTES

There is no provision for paying a percentage of the cash bond, and no form of collateral outside of the four mentioned above will be accepted for a cash bond.

Surety Bond

To post a surety bond you must work through a private company rather than ICE. You can find the names and addresses of agents who will post surety bonds for immigration purposes in the yellow pages. Usually they are located in the general vicinity of ICE offices which accept bonds. Sometimes, but not always, these companies also post criminal bail bonds. Their requirements for collateral and premiums vary, and ICE does not recommend any one company over another. Your local ICE office may, however, be able to provide you with the names of agents in that area who will post surety bonds.

What information is Required for Posting a Bond?

The following information is required for posting a bond:

Alien Name

Alien Registration Number

Name of the facility where the alien is being held

Alien's home address

Alien's date of birth

Alien's country of birth

Bond Amount

Name of the person posting the bond

Valid address for the person posting the bond

Valid Social Security Number for the person posting the bond

Valid phone number for the person posting the bond

Acceptable form of identification

Any one of the following are acceptable forms of identification:

Permanent Resident Card

Passport with appropriate stamps

Valid driver's license

State identification with proof of immigration status

It is your responsibility to ensure that all information you provide to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is accurate and up to date. All notices for interviews and court appearances will be sent to the alien's address that you provide us. Failure of the bonded alien to appear upon demand by the ICE could result in the bond being breached.

Can Anyone Help Me?

If advice is needed, you may contact the ICE Field Office near your home for a list of community-based, non-profit organizations that may be able to assist you. Please see our field offices home page for more information on contacting ICE offices. In addition, please see our Webpage that provides information on how to obtain free legal advice.

How Do I Receive a Refund for A Cash Bond?

When immigration bonds for which cash is posted as collateral are cancelled, the obligor is notified by ICE through a Form I-391 (Notice - Immigration Bond Cancelled). The obligor is instructed to file for a refund of the principal and any accrued interest. While ICE makes every effort to notify obligors of their eligibility for a refund, not all refunds are claimed. When cash bonds are breached, ICE notifies the obligor through a Form I-323 (Notice - Immigration Bond Breached). ICE is entitled to keep the principal amount from breached bonds. However, the obligor is entitled to receive a payment of accrued interest.

If you have posted a cash bond as an obligor and believe that you are owed monies by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement pertaining to a cancelled (principal plus interest) or breached (interest only) immigration bond, please follow these instructions:

If you have the original bond receipt (Form I-305) and your copy of the bond contract (Form I-352), mail these documents to the address listed below.

If you do not have the original receipt (Form I-305), please complete Form I-395 (Affidavit in Lieu of Lost Receipt of United States Immigration and Naturalization Service for Collateral Accepted as Security) and mail a notarized original to the address listed below. Include a copy of the bond contract (Form I-352) if you have it.

Please forward bond documents or questions to:

Debt Management Center

Attention: Bond Unit

P.O. Box 5000

Williston, VT 05495-5000

Telephone: (802) 288-7600

Facsimile: (802) 288-1226

from,

http://www.ilw.com/weekly/editorial/2003,1124-bond.shtm

Due to limited time while dealing with all of this, I will not be able to respond individually to everyone's post as I did before.

I do have some updates, however, since I last posted.

When I had spoke to my wife on 12/02/2008, I informed her that she should go stay with her sister, rather than a half-way house, while waiting for my mother to get moved out. That would allow her to obtain some positive influence from family.

During that conversation, she told me she loved me (in a whisper since Shelter workers were near her), and wanted to work things out. It was a comforting night, nonetheless.

Then, I didn't hear from her again until she called from the prison 7 days later.

Well, just before I left for my business meeting last night, she called me collect just as I stepped out the front door of our home. Perfect timing--as God always works.

This time my wife was very calm, and cried a little. I explained to her how much I love her, and I asked her straightway if she truly loved me and wanted to come home? She told me she loved me very much, and wanted to come home, and did not want to be deported away from her family. She confessed that the original reason she left was because she could no longer trust my mother after certain situations, and was going to wait for my mother to leave before coming home. She apologized for a few things, and then enlightened me on a what happened to her.

She told me that she took my advice, and forsook the shelter to go stay at her sister's house, because the women at the shelter were being such a negative influence. She bought a bus ticket, and border patrol arrested her immediately at the first stop in the next state. According to the police sergeant I spoke with, if they would have arrested her in the state we live in, they would have had to take her to our home, but instead they waited until she reached the next state so they could accuse her of being a "flight risk" while Out of Status and she was not with her husband. They did not believe her story of going to her sister's house, and took her to the prison for 5 days, and then transferred her to the ICE detention prison. They refused to call her sister, or me, and would not let her make any calls until she was in the hands of ICE. The reason she was saying the day before that "it was my fault she was in there" was because I was the one who told her she should go stay with her sister.

I spent most of the time encouraging and comforting her the best I could, and let her know I was going to do everything in my power to get her out of this. I trust and believe that God will work this out together for good, as Romans 8:28 describes. I asked her if she had been hurt, and she said no one has harmed her, but the 5 days in the first prison was very rough. The detention prison was not as bad because the facilities are nicer, and the guards are not rude. It sounds like she's actually received some good counsel in the ICE prison, compared to what she was getting at the shelter.

My attorney had a death in the family, and was unable to assist us at this time, so I've been forced to find another attorney. The new attorney I'm using is one I'm unfamiliar with, but he has very good credentials and comes with high recommendation. I will be receiving my free consultation in the morning, and will discover our options.

Meanwhile, before I went to this mandatory business meeting, I collected ALL of our bona-fida documents showing my wife's married name with our home address on bills, mortgage, insurances, etc. The police Sergeant I spoke with also told me that if go to ICE where she is, and present those documents and let them know I gave her permission to go to her sister's, they "might" be forced to release her to me. I will be driving toward her the moment this meeting is over, and should arrive Saturday morning sometime if I drive through the night.

I am looking forward to seeing my Baby! I plan to stay there until her Bail Bond hearing is set, and I will attend that to ensure she gets a Bail Bond, and I will bail her out right away and bring her home. Hopefully, our new attorney will be able to get the trial cancelled. Soon as we are home and I can get her signatures on the required paperwork, I'll be submitting her AOS as well--which should guarantee she doesn't get reported--especially since the NOA should arrive before the hearing.

I received these advices from local immigration authorities, and I hope to verify these things with my attorney in the morning. I am also acquainted with our city's Mayor, and I may get him involved, or see if he has some connections.

As for the flamers, I could care less about what they say. They are still trying to base their "judgments" on my original post, back when I was broken and confused about many things. Much has changed since that time.

As far as I am concerned, I learned well from my mistakes, and God has truly lifted my children and I up--and has now awarded my wife and I hope for our marriage even after all of the former events. None of this caught God by surprise, and He's still in control. He will be the one to praise once He restores our marriage--don't forget that. I will be back to to show forth His praises of deliverance in the nearest future.

After going through documented professional counseling and therapy (thank God my insurance covered it), and then listening to HOURS upon HOURS of Marriage counseling CDs/DVDs from one of the BEST Marriage Counselor's in the world (Dr. Jeff Owens), I now feel I have been placed at a great advantage of how to be an extraordinary husband through God's guidance. Once my wife gets a hold of much of the materials I've been listening to, I know that our issues will become forgiven and forgotten.

By the way, even if you think your marriage is strong, I highly recommend going to Dr. Jeff Owen's website, and ordering all of his Marriage Counseling CD sets--Bible-based principles. He handles everything from Miscarriage to Intimacy, and how things are seen in God's eyes, and in the eyes of your mate. Those counseling sessions are all taught at Couple's Retreats, and I guarantee if you follow some of the principles he outlines, you could turn a good marriage into a great marriage, and a failing marriage into something hopeful and restorable--just following Biblical principles. My entire perspective on marriage has changed; and I'm thoroughly excited at the chance to see my wife again and to watch as God's love, and my love for her, comfort her through all of the trials she's faced--even until now. I thank God that she's explained to me how willing she is to make our marriage work--even after all of these things! God still answers prayer!

I am convinced that while we are a victim of our circumstances many times, God also allows us to endure certain trials for reasons we won't understand until after we go through them. Perhaps, some day down the road, we will be able to help someone else with a trial similar to ours--and to God be the glory in that day!

By the way, many of you posted very kind and encouraging words. Thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart. I especially thank those of you who are taking time out of your day to pray for us. Things are looking impossible right now, but with God, all things are possible. I know that He can, when we can't. Faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen. It's time to stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord. Believe with us that God will provide us the miracle--not just of releasing her from that prison, but for the restoration of our love and marriage.

Praise the LORD!

Romans 12:21

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Timeline

You could try to arrange a visit other than on a weekend, with the attorney, or alone, if the below applies.

Visits by Family and Friends

1. Hours and Time Limits

Each facility shall establish a visiting schedule based on the detainee population and the demand for visits. Visits shall be permitted during set hours on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, and, to the extent practicable, the facility shall accommodate the scheduling needs of visitors for whom weekends and holidays pose a hardship. The facility may, for example, authorize special visits for family visitors unable to visit during regular hours. Where staff resources permit, the facility may establish evening visiting hours.

To accommodate the volume of visitors within the limits of space and staff resources, and to ensure adequate security, the facility administrator may restrict visits. For example, some or all detainees and visitors may be limited to visiting on Saturday or on Sunday, but not both days. ICE/DRO does not require a facility to permit every visitor to visit on both days of a weekend, nor to permit every detainee to have visits on both days of a weekend. However, to the extent practicable, ICE/DRO encourages the facility administrator to establish visiting hours for each detainee on both days of the weekend, and to try to accommodate visitors who can only visit on a specific weekend day.

The facility’s written rules shall specify time limits for visits, 30 minutes minimum, under normal conditions. ICE/DRO encourages more generous limits when possible, especially for family members traveling significant distances. In unforeseen circumstances, such as the number of visitors exceeding visiting room capacity, the facility administrator may modify visiting periods

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The thing I've noticed in this new thread is that while professing change and getting it, Valsu continues to speak of his relationship in ways that give the impression he's trying to get back one of his possessions.

One among several examples is the expression of the idea his "permission" makes any difference in any of this. "Wives" don't need their husbands' permission to visit their sisters. Even if we take the intention of change at face value, it's clear there's a long road ahead before meaningful attidude and behavior changes occur.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

In general, I feel Valsu may be on the right track, at last, but he certainly has a long way to go. Maybe his wife can help him, if she is willing. Or maybe not, especially if he remains so self-centered and dominating.

His thought patterns, as expressed in his language, reflect a cultural attitude toward one's wife that is found in the Old Testament, which he quotes all too freely. In some parts of the world, a bride is still being sold by the father to the right bidder no matter how she might feel about it.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Can you imagine how humiliating and embarassing this all will be to his poor wife if she ever reads these threads? Does she come to the VJ website? Like many others, I have read it all, from the beginning (both threads) and as I was reading, I was thinking that I would just about die if anyone wrote about my private life in such detail on a forum like this. That made me feel ashamed that I have been reading this thread. There wasn't anything for me to learn here and I had no advice to offer except STOP IT. I am interested in reading about K1 experiences, how to cope with the waiting, missing my SO so much I want to cry, not this train wreck of a marriage. This poor woman deserves much better, she deserves to have her privacy respected and if her idiot husband can't do it, we should be able to at least tune him out and not respond to his posts. She is in my prayers. That's just my opinion.....

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'll be closing this thread for violations of TOS (posts made invisible). It seems certain individuals just can't keep their opinions to themselves.

I will add that yes, even with statements that seem 'so certain', you can still wait to apply for AOS although it is not recommended. This woman was not detained because she waited to file for AOS. She was suspected of immigration fraud ..as anyone seperated from their usc spouse just after entering probably would be if they were found somewhere they're not suppose to be.

A word of advice... it's important to have a good look in the mirror before preaching to others. There is no excuse for some of the personal attacks in this thread. If this continues further action will be taken.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.