Valsu

Update: "True Love" Post

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello again, all.

I'm not going to go into a great detail yet, because of lack of time. For those who read our story, you will remember how things happened.

Basically, my wife finally made contact with me and the children twice. She called 11/29/2008 and again on 12/02/2008 to wish our son a happy birthday. She had indeed been in a shelter the entire time, and it only seems that they fueled her fire. She seemed really upset and bitter.

After speaking with her about everything, she told me that if I find another place for my mother to live, she promses to come home--since they cannot get along. I have gladly already made those arrangements prior to our discussion, and was able to give her that good news. My mother will be in her own place on 12/13/2008, and I was hoping to have my wife home by then.

However, I did not hear from my wife again until yesterday.

Unfortunately, ICE picked her up on 12/04/2008. Where they found her, or why they picked her up, I have no idea. What I do know is that they put her in a prison for 5 days, and then moved her to a Detention and Removal Prison, where she awaits trial for deportation.

She has not committed a crime, according to the lady I spoke with. The papers simply state that her paperwork is incomplete.

The problem is she was not given a Jail Bond--which means I cannot bail her out.

What on earth are my options? She called me collect, and was crying, and wanted me to get her out of the prison. She wants to come home, and does not want to be deported.

I want to go get her, but how can I get them to release her to me? Can't I prove we are married with our documents, joint accounts, etc?

Please help if any of you know how to handle this situation.

Thanks in advance!

Timeline

Ok, I spoke with the officer handling her case.

She said that she has applied for a bond date, and would have a chance to get a bid bond some time next week.

She suggested I be there for the hearing before the judge.

She also said that when it goes to trial in two months, she can obtain a trial for her adjustment of status, and can actually get it for free before the judge. If denied, she'll be deported.

Which means I will need to be there for that and try to bring proof of our bona fida marriage.

The complication is that she has been outside of my home for more than 30 days, and is still saying that everything that is happening to her is my fault.

Border Control picked her up at a bus station.

Sigh.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

What kind of visa is she here on?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

I signed up on here, but don't really see anything.

Just asks for donations to help their cause.

The people involved (all volunteer and affected families) are who you want to connect with. Through the site you can do that. Likewise you can PM Randall Emery through VJ if you prefer - his ID here is the same. Its a great network of people some of whom are facing the same.

Timeline

She came here on a K1 Fiancee Visa. We married within the 90 days.

We have not yet applied for her AOS due to some unforseen financial complications.

She is still "Out of Status," and has overstayed 7 months.

She was picked up two states away at a bus station.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=163060

So the poor girl ended up in prison?

Your case, I think, is beyond VJ help. If it isn't too much of a financial burden on you I'd recommend you at least provide her with a lawyer. Don't you think at a minimum the poor girl is entitled to legal counsel?

She came here on a K1 Fiancee Visa. We married within the 90 days.

We have not yet applied for her AOS due to some unforseen financial complications.

She is still "Out of Status," and has overstayed 7 months.

She was picked up two states away at a bus station.

i don't get it.

Filed: Timeline
Ok, I spoke with the officer handling her case.

She said that she has applied for a bond date, and would have a chance to get a bid bond some time next week.

She suggested I be there for the hearing before the judge.

She also said that when it goes to trial in two months, she can obtain a trial for her adjustment of status, and can actually get it for free before the judge. If denied, she'll be deported.

Which means I will need to be there for that and try to bring proof of our bona fida marriage.

The complication is that she has been outside of my home for more than 30 days, and is still saying that everything that is happening to her is my fault.

Border Control picked her up at a bus station.

Sigh.

I say be there with bells on. Tell the judge about her miscarriage. If you have to < HELL , drag your mom in there too. You can do this. Tell the judge that YOU didnt havent enough money to file for her adjustment of status and delayed it NOT HER. Tell the judge about her miscarriage. She wants to come home. I feel very very very sorry for her.. truly...

i think a good lawyer can be of help in this situation. and of course, she will need you there when she faces the judge. as long as youre honest with everything, youll surpass these trials. God bless and keep the faith

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

At least something good happened, she is willing to come back

Now, it's just the ICE situation etc... just .. hmmm... uneasy to deal with but I am sure you two can go through it. (lawyer or not, My knowledge is not good enough to advise you on it)

One thing wich will happen on a more personal level is that most probably she will blame you for it (because (and for whatever reason) you didn't file the papers before etc...)... I would suggest to not fight it and take on yourself and take the blame for it.... whatever the why. She is probably quite scared and would probably go nuts if she have to hear the reason of why it's not your fault (even if it's not really your fault anyway), hug her tight, say that you are sorry and that everything gonna be good now to re-assure her... This is my own 2 cents and you are free to keep it or leave it, really.

Immigration related, She is not Illegal here and lots of people are filing the adjustment later down the road for financial issues as well anyway.

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I suggest Families for Freedom. The website is http://www.familiesforfreedom.org/

I'm a former student of the founder and she has done work that is close to miracles for immigrants.

Good Luck!

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

OMG!! OMG!!!!! :huh: :huh: :huh: It all makes sense. You tracked her down, of course...the timeline, the reason, the way and...the result(AOS for free/depend on me or go home)..OMG!!! She's in an actual prison because she has no status, for god's sake, not because she did something necesarily. I realy hope this girl gets deported! I honestly never thought i'd say something like that, but in her case i can... For her sake and safety she needs to RUN, not walk away.

What are you still doing here? Why do you ask for advices again and again? What do you expect us to say other than GET A LAWYER! Even if you married her she is illegal once her initial visa was over and AOS has not been started. Go there and explain what? That she left you but you're married so you deserve a free AOS for her? Jesus Christ, man, you are out of your mind! Get a lawyer dude and let her be(buy her a ticket home, her REAL home-you know the one where people don't live like psychological tormented prisoners!). I will pray for her

Edited by ziia

New Citizen of the United States and Proud of it!

I will say it again, as in the last thread. The OP did not post here for moral judgement. This website is designed and intended to help others through the obstacles of US Immigration. We don't have all of the facts here, so surmising a definitive conclusion is reckless.

If you don't have something helpful to add, stay out of the thread.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.