cmnb

new USCIS dates!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

its that time of the month again...in about a week - ten days, USCIS will release its monthly processing times. even though we all know that its a bunch of BS, i put my money on VSC dates changing to an April date for I-130 and change back to 6 months for K3...what do you guys think?

Edited by cmnb

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
its that time of the month again...in about a week - ten days, USCIS will release its monthly processing times. even though we all know that its a bunch of BS, i put my money on VSC dates changing to an April date for I-130 and change back to 6 months for K3...what do you guys think?

I agree!

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I like your optimism, but I would not hold my breath on this one. I was telling a few people in another K3 thread that my imm. attorney called me yesterday, he knows a couple of the agents up at VSC, and they told him that it was not likely they would be through the March K3's by the end of the month. He said his bets are that the processing times do not move to April.

Of course I hope he's wrong, but seeing how I'm rapidly approaching 8 and a half months with nothing to show for it, my sense of optimism is in full cardiac arrest now. I'm betting on my wife's approval coming in early January.

CJ-G

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Cmnb

I was reading the processing times lastnight, and noticed that at the top of the page

it said processing times as of September 30. Doe that mean there was really no update for the past couple months,

that the date was not updated, or that USCIS has indeed lost track of the date?

I am going to begin the letters to my congressman now so that perhaps I can do more than

simply wait.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I wouldnt bet on the "6 months" timeline again any time soon. I believe they learned their lesson last month with that one. Think of all of the vj'ers calling them..we are but a tiny percentage of petitioners waiting and watching those posted times.

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Cmnb

I was reading the processing times lastnight, and noticed that at the top of the page

it said processing times as of September 30. Doe that mean there was really no update for the past couple months,

that the date was not updated, or that USCIS has indeed lost track of the date?

I am going to begin the letters to my congressman now so that perhaps I can do more than

simply wait.

the september 30 date doesnt mean squat. they recently started that BS, which no one at USCIS really knows what that means and how that date came about (yes that ironic) or maybe they just prentend not to know when we call them...anyone who would be in a sane state of mind would question as to why they are reporting data from september when we are in december. i guess they are trying to cover their butts. look at it this way, according to them they are processing feb 26, 2008 and their "as of" date is september 30th...so that implies they are little close to 6 months processing...which is a bunch of BS...i can easily tell that this nothing but mere politics...all they are trying to do is tell their bosses and the politicians that they are doing a good job and are really trying hard to catch up to the 6 month mark but are falling short of just 4 days....thats what the september 30 really means. i hope i made sense.

another story: when i called them a few days ago, i (and someone else on this forum) was told by a VSC operator that they were processing november 2007 files. which makes more sense if they are posting the "as of" september 30. so these diplomatic a**holes dont know that they are dealing with educated people who can do simple math.

Moral of the story: september 2008 date is a drop of politics. nothing less, nothing more.

Edited by cmnb

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I think theyll flip a coin if to post early march or late march. and I cant predict what the coin will decide.

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

i think same s--- tehy will be like we havea new director and he is still in training and retraining everyone. I do not hope so but lets see

VOF

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Another move may be not to update at all until January 09. They have done this previously, (skip a month) if anyone remembers or looks back at their update records. Anyway it doesn't matter at all what date they post as it will not help anyone who isn't 30-45 days past what they post, and even then don't expect any clear answers from them especially VSC. Good luck everyone.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Another move may be not to update at all until January 09. They have done this previously, (skip a month) if anyone remembers or looks back at their update records. Anyway it doesn't matter at all what date they post as it will not help anyone who isn't 30-45 days past what they post, and even then don't expect any clear answers from them especially VSC. Good luck everyone.

I was thinking this too...they probably won't update until the end of January...and then they'll be putting "as of" dates of November 2008...and they'll be March 1-15th date...which makes a little tiny bit of sense, since they started approving a couple of March people in the last week of November.

I don't think we're gonna see many approvals at all from now until the new year though...not to rain on anyone's parade, but I just feel like they're all gonna be doing other stuff...year end stuff, holiday stuff, etc...and not focus too much on applications...unless they really bust their a$$ and try to get as many done before the new year...but I don't think so because it's already Wednesday night...have we had many approvals this week???? Nope.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.