Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I saw a file listed going to our consulate (as is the case everyday)... I am chomping at the bit to call but want to wait for my free nights and weekends to kick in at 9... 2.5 hrs togo and then I get to hear.. Sorry your case is still in AP and there is no time frame for this process. it would save me so much $ as I will already be there when she will get her interview if they send the file this week.. could I be so lucky as to be able to save a couple thousand bucks?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
This probably will be one of my ending posts here on this topic regarding the subject of being in AP. I say this because , as i knew it from last week, I'm officially out from AP.

Based on my experience with this unpleasant waiting period, i would like to make known for all those that are still in AP, that this topic is GREAT and my suggestion is "READ everything here".

Many posts that I've posted had a high accuracy, and i would recommend to learn from them. I put time and effort to make them easy to be understood, but also to benefit people that are still in AP by not wasting they time finding an answer.

With one thing i was wrong, I predicted that i will be out from AP tomorrow (Tuesday) but it happened today.

I would like also to thank you for all the people that give me they support, as i would not be able to get my self mentally prepared without them. I love them for they great mind and i wish them all the best!

P.S. I'm tracking my package from minute 1 of being out from AP! :)

All right! Wooo Hooo!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
I saw a file listed going to our consulate (as is the case everyday)... I am chomping at the bit to call but want to wait for my free nights and weekends to kick in at 9... 2.5 hrs togo and then I get to hear.. Sorry your case is still in AP and there is no time frame for this process. it would save me so much $ as I will already be there when she will get her interview if they send the file this week.. could I be so lucky as to be able to save a couple thousand bucks?

I hope so!!! I have my fingers crossed for you!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Good luck, I hope it is your file to the consulate. Enough is enough with AP!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
This probably will be one of my ending posts here on this topic regarding the subject of being in AP. I say this because , as i knew it from last week, I'm officially out from AP.

Based on my experience with this unpleasant waiting period, i would like to make known for all those that are still in AP, that this topic is GREAT and my suggestion is "READ everything here".

Many posts that I've posted had a high accuracy, and i would recommend to learn from them. I put time and effort to make them easy to be understood, but also to benefit people that are still in AP by not wasting they time finding an answer.

With one thing i was wrong, I predicted that i will be out from AP tomorrow (Tuesday) but it happened today.

I would like also to thank you for all the people that give me they support, as i would not be able to get my self mentally prepared without them. I love them for they great mind and i wish them all the best!

WOW, congratulation!!! One more out of this black hole. So happy for you. Yeah~

Timeline
Good luck, I hope it is your file to the consulate. Enough is enough with AP!!!

Sorry your case is still in AP and there is no time frame for this process just as expected again...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

WOW, congratulation!!! One more out of this black hole. So happy for you. Yeah~

wooo !! see you soon lol !

We have medical on the 19th and (hoping) he should call today that we can get interview on the 21st :))

I would just like to say to people still here or come after

1 - call dept of state - they will be the ones who will let you know your "real" status of your case - if you are still in additional processing - they will tell you this - or they will tell you you are really good to go - just waiting on the embassy ( NVC is like holding cell for the embassy when they are overloaded ) - this is what pretty much kept me sane during AP - I knew we were cleared

2 - Don't despair - I know it is easy to when you are in ap but does no good for your mental state - stay proactive

3 - this is one of the best links I found early in this thread :

Security Name Checks And Administrative Review

READ IT :P - it explains all the checks your going though

I feel like we should get special "bars" for our time in ap on here ..lol...is nightmare and is not easy ..but is the government.. :D

Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

Timeline

I dont want the bars. I would love to get moved up with those filers that got to NVC along with me when it comes to our interview rather than waiting additional months...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just got a call from NVC I think. The number is 603-334-9400 and "US.GOVT DEPT OF" showed on the Caller ID. I didn't make it to the phone on time unfortunately and and they left no message and when I called this number back the recording said "you have reached a non-working number of the US DEPT OF STATE, check the number..."

Has anyone heard of this happening? I am both excited and scared that they called me. I guess at this point I would rather just be denied than to keep waiting indefinitely without knowing anything. I don't think my fiancee or I have any reasons for denial so I'll try to stay positive but this process has pushed me right to the edge of sanity. On second thought maybe I have already slipped over that edge...

I just called the number for self-torture and the guy was really nice and tried to find out what was going on/who called. After holding for five minutes or so he came back on the line and said he had been unable to find out anything and that there appears to be no change in my case status and that if no one calls me from there within an hour to call back and ask for a supervisor.

On the edge, not sure which side. :blink:

Timeline

Just called DOS... She said "why did you call here" "We don't supervise NVC" "Why don't you call NVC" She told me I was in AP and that my case had not been sent to the consulate. And then without asking, she transfered me to the NVC#.

Not a call I am going to make again...

I guess I am at the point that there isn't anything that can speed it up and it is what it is... A call a couple of times each week to see if it is through should be sufficient...

It sux that they already did the background checks and decided there were no issues, but for some reason now NVC must do it again...

Just sent an email to saoinquiries@state.gov. but its a bad email address...

I called the Dept of State 3 times - 2 were answered by "Jessica" she was very nice and very informative - I think she works mornings. As this is when I called and got her.

Another time I called and got some old crab apple that about snapped my neck in two for calling ( prob the same one ) she is nasty - she told me the same thing. She sounded like she was older. This woman should be reported to her supervisor.

Call in the morning if you can - Jessica is very helpful - or just asked to speak to Jessica.

@lenaandbilly...lol BTW no I have never heard of this

Edited by crazymazy

Event Date
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
hoping 30 days is the norm. . I am at day 32 today but i will not call till later to check so i will be off work when i find out. Hope we all get out soon.

d&z, any good news for you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
I just got a call from NVC I think. The number is 603-334-9400 and "US.GOVT DEPT OF" showed on the Caller ID. I didn't make it to the phone on time unfortunately and and they left no message and when I called this number back the recording said "you have reached a non-working number of the US DEPT OF STATE, check the number..."

Has anyone heard of this happening? I am both excited and scared that they called me. I guess at this point I would rather just be denied than to keep waiting indefinitely without knowing anything. I don't think my fiancee or I have any reasons for denial so I'll try to stay positive but this process has pushed me right to the edge of sanity. On second thought maybe I have already slipped over that edge...

I just called the number for self-torture and the guy was really nice and tried to find out what was going on/who called. After holding for five minutes or so he came back on the line and said he had been unable to find out anything and that there appears to be no change in my case status and that if no one calls me from there within an hour to call back and ask for a supervisor.

On the edge, not sure which side. :blink:

Are you signed up for e-mail notification???!!!! I never heard of a missed call from them. Good luck

Event Date

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Just called DOS... She said "why did you call here" "We don't supervise NVC" "Why don't you call NVC" She told me I was in AP and that my case had not been sent to the consulate. And then without asking, she transfered me to the NVC#.

Not a call I am going to make again...

I guess I am at the point that there isn't anything that can speed it up and it is what it is... A call a couple of times each week to see if it is through should be sufficient...

It sux that they already did the background checks and decided there were no issues, but for some reason now NVC must do it again...

Just sent an email to saoinquiries@state.gov. but its a bad email address...

I never got that result when I called DOS... i sometimes got the wrong person, but they were nonetheless nice and helpful. Finally I got the right person. Go to DOS website, look for telephone directory, then scroll to bottom of page 12 or 13, there is a Barbara somebody who is in charge of passport services. Taht's the number you need to call... sorry but i didn't keep the number or i would tell you it for sure. If you don't find it easily, send me a PM and I'll find it for you. Ciao and good luck. p.s. I don't think you will be there much longer, keep the faith ... but you might contact your congressman. I just sent an e-mail to mine through his website, and the next day I was out of AP .. maybe a coinky-dink, maybe not. :)

Event Date

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Are you signed up for e-mail notification???!!!! I never heard of a missed call from them. Good luck

Yea I'm signed up for e-mail communication. And neither have I ever heard of someone being called from NVC, but it happened to me this morning. Maybe it was an accident? :):( I have since talked to the supervisor and she also found out nothing about the call or any news about our case. Why don't they just send the GD petition to the embassy??? What a bunch of !@#$!!! At least my fiancee will get some life insurance money if I die of a heart attack before this !@#$ is over.

Edited by lenaandbilly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.