Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
STUCK @ NVC for AP its been 3 months since my NOA2....

What? 3 months, you could of completed NVC with your CR1. You might want to consider doing that, I was in AP with K3 for 37 days, while in AP I completed my CR-1 at NVC in 28 days, both cases were completed the same day!! Plus I have a interview date for the CR-1 already, AND no word from embassy on the K3 yet for packet 3.

Think about it, and follow CR1, AP has not time limits being stuck in hell.

Isnt the CR1 for couples that havent been married for 2 yrs yet? my lawyer said that wouldnt work for me...

e]

"I'm really sorry but the only information that we can provide you is that your case is in AP and that there is no time frame regarding this process, You will be notified when this process is complete."

Same word for word from the intial csr as was provided by the supervisor that followed....

has anyone actually been 'notified' that the case has been sent to the consulate?

The supervisor actually got loud with me and was kind of pissy.. I apologized if I upset her by calling, but I just wanted to know why I was having o wait while others were being sent to our consulate almost every day. Then she apologized saying that they just got the file last month... I dont care if they just got it yesterday.. I was just looking for some valid info...

"You are more than welcome to call back as often as you like sir" And I plan to...

No, even though they promise every time you call, I have never heard of anyone being notified in any manner that their case has been sent on. The only way to know is to keep calling.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
"I'm really sorry but the only information that we can provide you is that your case is in AP and that there is no time frame regarding this process, You will be notified when this process is complete."

Same word for word from the intial csr as was provided by the supervisor that followed....

has anyone actually been 'notified' that the case has been sent to the consulate?

The supervisor actually got loud with me and was kind of pissy.. I apologized if I upset her by calling, but I just wanted to know why I was having o wait while others were being sent to our consulate almost every day. Then she apologized saying that they just got the file last month... I dont care if they just got it yesterday.. I was just looking for some valid info...

"You are more than welcome to call back as often as you like sir" And I plan to...

Read: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...644&st=2490 ..second post. with "The trick:"

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-23

I-129F Received: 2009-04-27

Check Cashed: 2009-04-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26

NVC Received : 2009-08-27

NVC Confirmation letter case Approval: 2009-08-31

NVC: Stuck in Security Advisory Opinion since: 2009-08-27 :((

NVC: On 2009-10-01 I got the clue from NVC that my case will be out from AP on 2009-10-06 - 99,99% :)

NVC: On 2009-10-05 NVC sent our file to Bucharest, with that we are officially out form AP. (I was wrong

with one day!)

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-09 they received the package from NVC US

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-09 they sent the Package 3 (with medical info) to my fiancee in Romania

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-12 Package 3 received by my fiancee

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-13 Package 3 sent out through Prioripost (48h guarantied delivery )

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-15 Package 3 received by the Consular Section

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-16 requested appointment for interview then for medical exams

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-27 - Scheduled for medical exams

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-28 - Visa approved! Visa in hand!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Read: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...644&st=2490 ..second post. with "The trick:"

Read it when you posted it before... in a nutshell if they say call back in 5 days expect to be out soon... nice if they say call back Monday... they didnt

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Read it when you posted it before... in a nutshell if they say call back in 5 days expect to be out soon... nice if they say call back Monday... they didnt

Sorry to hear that, but that means will take a while. I got my first clue from a supervisor, after going through other supervisors on daily basis. Also today, one of the regular rep said - like never before - "Yes you are still in AP, but your case seams to be towards the ending process, call us back Friday.", now of course she didn't knew that i talked with the supervisor a day before and her version was "If, they won't tell you Tuesday anything, (meaning the reps) escalate the call. Then i asked: Do i have to escalate my call to someone particular?. she said No, anyone from management staff should be able to give you more details about your case Tuesday. " That's how i got my clue.

Edited by boghy

NVC: On 2009-10-01 I got the clue from NVC that my case will be out from AP on 2009-10-06 - 99,99% :)

NVC: On 2009-10-05 NVC sent our file to Bucharest, with that we are officially out form AP. (I was wrong

with one day!)

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-09 they sent the Package 3 (with medical info) to my fiancee in Romania

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-13 Package 3 sent out through Prioripost (48h guarantied delivery )

US Embassy Romania: On 2009-10-16 requested appointment for interview then for medical exams

What? 3 months, you could of completed NVC with your CR1. You might want to consider doing that, I was in AP with K3 for 37 days, while in AP I completed my CR-1 at NVC in 28 days, both cases were completed the same day!! Plus I have a interview date for the CR-1 already, AND no word from embassy on the K3 yet for packet 3.

Isnt the CR1 for couples that havent been married for 2 yrs yet? my lawyer said that wouldnt work for me...

BS!!!!! A CR1 is a conditional visa married under 2 years. A IR1 is a married visa over 2 years. YOU qualify cause YOUR married.

Did lawyer tell you to do a K3? If so, only reason so you put more money in his pockets for the AOS .

I married my hubby in Feb. and we finish NVC with a CR1 path. Your married , your qualified for CR1 or IR1!!!!!!!

Follow your I130 thru NVC dont wait for K3 PM me if you want to talk more. Stupid lieing lawyer!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Sorry to hear that, but that means will take a while. I got my first clue from a supervisor, after going through other supervisors on daily basis. Also today, one of the regular rep said - like never before - "Yes you are still in AP, but your case seams to be towards the ending process, call us back Friday.", now of course she didn't knew that i talked with the supervisor a day before and her version was "If, they won't tell you Tuesday anything, (meaning the reps) escalate the call. Then i asked: Do i have to escalate my call to someone particular?. she said No, anyone from management staff should be able to give you more details about your case Tuesday. " That's how i got my clue.

Same thing happened with Mazy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

BS!!!!! A CR1 is a conditional visa married under 2 years. A IR1 is a married visa over 2 years. YOU qualify cause YOUR married.

Did lawyer tell you to do a K3? If so, only reason so you put more money in his pockets for the AOS .

I married my hubby in Feb. and we finish NVC with a CR1 path. Your married , your qualified for CR1 or IR1!!!!!!!

Follow your I130 thru NVC dont wait for K3 PM me if you want to talk more. Stupid lieing lawyer!!!!!!

Some lawyers are like that. Other not so much, but usually expansive. If you don't trust them (like me), spending few hours on internet, can give you same results if not better then any lawyer UNLESS you are dealing with some waiver for USCIS - but usually that's hard to obtain even through a lawyer.

P.S. someone post in this topic that, the lawyer told them that the AP process takes "normally" 3-4 months. If i would be the client of that lawyer... oh boy...:) no comment for the rest...

with one day!)

Ask for Supervisor Lila!! I talked to her on a Wednesday, told me call Friday , and I did, I was out of AP!!!! 2 days.

Truly happy!!!

Some lawyers are like that. Other not so much, but usually expansive. If you don't trust them (like me), spending few hours on internet, can give you same results if not better then any lawyer UNLESS you are dealing with some waiver for USCIS - but usually that's hard to obtain even through a lawyer.

P.S. someone post in this topic that, the lawyer told them that the AP process takes "normally" 3-4 months. If i would be the client of that lawyer... oh boy... :) no comment for the rest...

Agreed!!! This lawyer is taking advantage of him, bad enough told him the BS that he cant do the CR1, while K3 is in AP hell.

I will be more then happy to help him with NVC, and get thru NVC while K3 is in AP. I said I was leaving this thread due to out of AP and interviewing for the CR1 ,but I cant, I love this thread, and I want to help!!!!

Truly happy!!!

Timeline

Ask for Supervisor Lila!! I talked to her on a Wednesday, told me call Friday , and I did, I was out of AP!!!! 2 days.

That just makes my point of observation more accurate, when i've mention about getting a day from any NVC supervisor.

with one day!)

That just makes my point of observation more accurate, when i've mention about getting a day from any NVC supervisor.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Truly happy!!!

P.S. someone post in this topic that, the lawyer told them that the AP process takes "normally" 3-4 months. If i would be the client of that lawyer... oh boy... :) no comment for the rest...

Or browsing and posting questions here on VJ!!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I am not clear about some of what has been posted - I have called and called and all the NVC supervisors tell me is we are undergoing additional processing and I can call as often as I want.

If I am reading this correctly, it's all about HOW I call that determines if we stay in AP? Have I misunderstood?

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
OMG, I saw one to Panama City, but didn't want to get excited..but I called ..AND IT"S MINE! I AM FREE!!!!!!!! Really, I am a man, but I have tears in my eyes right now!

CONGRATS MAVERICK. I'm glad your out of this mess.

Good luck to the rest of your journey, and to all that's still calling NVC every day. including myself.

Timeline

Have known each other and have been friends for 20+ Years.

May 18, 2009 - Mailed I-129F Package

May 19, 2009 - Receipt of Confirmation from USPS

May 22, 2009 - Check Cashed

May 23, 2009 - Received NOA1

May 23, 2009 - Signed up for E-mail updates on USCIS.gov website.

Aug 27, 2009 - Touched 1

Aug 27, 2009 - NOA-2 E-mail Received!

Sept 8, 2009 - NVC Received File - Was stuck in AP for 28 Days!

Oct 6, 2009 - NVC sent file to Manila - Thank GOD

Oct 9, 2009 - File in System at US. Embassy In Manila

Oct 15, 2009 - Information packet received by Beneficiary from Manila

Oct 14, 2009 - Advanced Medical Exam Passed

Nov 10, 2009 - Interview - Passed Thank GOD again.

Nov 17, 2009 - Visa received

Nov 17, 2009 - CFO Seminar

Nov 21, 2009 - returned to US with the Love of my life.

Dec 17th, 2009 - Wedding! Yahoo!

Jan 14th, 2010 - Mailed I-485 / 765 Package

Jan 21, 2010 - NOA1 for 485 / 765

Feb 17, 2010 - Biometrics

Mar 9, 2010 - EAD Card in Production

May 28, 2010 - Greencard Received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.