Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

By the way everyone, I started working last night on by-country statistics for AP@NVC.

You can get a "sneak preview" at http://apnvc.nxserve.net/ByCountry.html. It's still very rough right now. I hope to do some more work on this over the weekend and next week.

At this moment (13:12PM Central time) as I'm writing, the server is up. It was down all this morning. I expect it will keep bouncing up and down, so no ability to predict when they'll finally stabilize it :(.

By the way everyone, I started working last night on by-country statistics for AP@NVC.

You can get a "sneak preview" at http://apnvc.nxserve.net/ByCountry.html. It's still very rough right now. I hope to do some more work on this over the weekend and next week.

At this moment (13:12PM Central time) as I'm writing, the server is up. It was down all this morning. I expect it will keep bouncing up and down, so no ability to predict when they'll finally stabilize it :(.

Ooh that is interesting - thanks to you Ron we will all be experts on AP at NVC timeframes :)

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

This is fantastic!

As usual, you rock Ron. :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wow nice work, this is waaaay cool :thumbs: it sure is good to see grouped by country. It may be useful to have an average days column if you have time. Also, does the totals include folks that have never updated their timeline?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks so much for the list. This AP at NVC is out of control. I don't know what to do. It took so long to get approved and now this. It hurts really. I have read so much about AP at the embassy stage but not at the National Visa Center. I don't know what they are looking for and when I call (I call maybe once a week) the agent has a bit of an attitude. So stressful.

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-03 (hardcopy)

Package@NVC: 2009-03-06

Package@NVC: 2009-04-06 in AP, whatever that means at NVC

Package left : 2009-04-09 to Lagos

Interview: 2009-06-25 in Lagos

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

No idea yet as to when I'll be leaving. Probably late..ish summer. There's still a lot to do here in Croatia.

Congrats on your getting out of AP, Joe & Nadya!

Making this very short since I really cwn't type on this eepc thingie...

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

We're done with the interview! Hopefully they'll give my passport back soon, too. :)

With the visa in it, of course. Apparently, they'll call back today or tomorrow and have me pick it up.

:dance::dance: Congratulations!! :dance::dance:

Timeline
Thanks so much for the list. This AP at NVC is out of control. I don't know what to do. It took so long to get approved and now this. It hurts really. I have read so much about AP at the embassy stage but not at the National Visa Center. I don't know what they are looking for and when I call (I call maybe once a week) the agent has a bit of an attitude. So stressful.

wow... sorry to hear that you got stuck... but at least you now know that you are not alone.. many of us have had this situation, and you will get out of AP, it's just a matter of time. You are 34 days in.. that's right behind Viviana @ Luis who are 36 days in... you guys should keep tabs on each other since chances are you will get released around the same time. Probably about another 2 weeks for you to wait, according to the averages.

Anyway, welcome aboard our list and good luck, hope you get released even much sooner than the average!! :thumbs:

Sorry you have hit AP, hopefully you'll find this thread helps you make it through the wait. It is hard to suddenly hit this road block that most K applicants are oblivious to with no idea why they picked on us. It seems so unfair! You must have been unfortunate with your NVC operators - I used to ring 3 times a week and they were always sympathetic, couldn't tell me anything but sympathetic.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes it is very stressfull, but there is an end to it, like uscandual said, two more weeks and moving on, time flies when you keep yourself busy, who know we might get released before, but look for 14 more days.....at the end this is extra time to minimize all paperwork that still needs to be done with....

Good luck on yur journey....

LUISH

I suppose we better join this thread. London hadn't received our package and despite having a letter from NVC stating our petition was to be forwarded on.....

We are in administrative processing :( I am so upset right now.

I guess you could say....given when the letter was sent....that we have been in AP for 28 days now. Most of which i was completely oblivious there was any kind of problem. If they are going to hold your case up, you would think the least they could do is write a letter saying "hey we lied, sorry! We aren't forwarding your case on to the embassy, we are going to sit on it until we can be bothered to look at it...."

:crying:

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

This AP ####### is absolute BS! I am not from a closed off communist country. I live in a democracy and have a right to know what is going on with my petition. I would not mind so much if they would tell me more than oh you are undergoing additional processing. Why the meaningless ambiguous term? They should tell us exactly what they are doing and why. This isn't Guantanamo. Oh well I know I'm powerless over the whole thing so I'll just sit back and take it.

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

Timeline
I suppose we better join this thread. London hadn't received our package and despite having a letter from NVC stating our petition was to be forwarded on.....

I guess you could say....given when the letter was sent....that we have been in AP for 28 days now. Most of which i was completely oblivious there was any kind of problem. If they are going to hold your case up, you would think the least they could do is write a letter saying "hey we lied, sorry! We aren't forwarding your case on to the embassy, we are going to sit on it until we can be bothered to look at it...."

Sorry to hear that you guys got stuck too :(

And yes, I completely agree with you regarding those misleading letters. We actually got 4 of them, all identical, all worse-than meaningless. The only way you have to find out that you are in AP is by calling them. They will never write a letter to that effect.

Well at least now you've found a community here to swap stories with. And since you've updated your timeline, you now appear on the tracking page as well. Good luck- hope you get out soon!!

This AP ####### is absolute BS! I am not from a closed off communist country. I live in a democracy and have a right to know what is going on with my petition. I would not mind so much if they would tell me more than oh you are undergoing additional processing. Why the meaningless ambiguous term? They should tell us exactly what they are doing and why. This isn't Guantanamo. Oh well I know I'm powerless over the whole thing so I'll just sit back and take it.

IMO

I think the likelihood is that they cant tell you why you are undergoing administrative processing because it would cause uproar. Undoubtedly there are genuine reasons for AP in some cases, but this number of petitions being withheld suggests to me that someone in government has agreed to test a random sample possibly to improve confidence in the security measures involved in the processing of immigrant visa's. Ambiguity is a way to cover ones a$* and allows for a lack of transparency in the process. If there is less transparency, then there are less ways for individuals to challenge the validity of the process.

I am sure that the number of petitions in AP will assist some ambitious government official and will allow him or her to say......."look at what I implemented, look at the initiative I am showing to protect our people from terrorism and fraudulency and protect the growth of this country and bla bla bla.....let me present you with the figures....."

In all likelihood, something and nothing happens to our petitions whilst they are sat in AP. If NVC had any real contribution to make to the security process and the protection of other US citizens, then we would see far more petitions being denied consulate consideration. The fact is, NVC aren't denying us. They are holding on to the petitions to make a point.

GOSH, talking about this makes me feel so very angry. I need a bar of chocolate and a glass of white wine.

Edited by Ellie-and-David

K1

AOS complete!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

mnb0ir.png

Sorry to hear that you guys got stuck too :(

And yes, I completely agree with you regarding those misleading letters. We actually got 4 of them, all identical, all worse-than meaningless. The only way you have to find out that you are in AP is by calling them. They will never write a letter to that effect.

Well at least now you've found a community here to swap stories with. And since you've updated your timeline, you now appear on the tracking page as well. Good luck- hope you get out soon!!

Thank you for the welcome. On the plus side I was just so happy about getting the NOA 2 and riding on cloud 9 from being in Florida at the time, I barely noticed that 27 days already went by.

Please ignore me when i go off on a the government are evil rant (see above) I just get frustrated and a little pedantic.

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.