Dazodiak

I want to be with my wife

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I'm an American citizen and my wife is overseas. I can't believe this process takes so long. We got married in July and I'm currently living alone here in the US. I received a letter from USCIS saying that they received my I-130 and I-129F on October 28. I got the receipt numbers and I check daily to see if any progress has been made, but nothing. I'm hearing that it will take them 6 months to process my application and another 6 months at the embassy to schedule my wife for an interview. This is ridiculous!!!!!! Do you guys know anyway I can have this process move faster?

Another question, I keep hearing that USCIS needs to see how much I make a year, but nowhere in the application did it request my pay-stubs. Did I miss something?

But most important, can anyone let me know of a way I can move this faster and have my wife with me soon!! I greatly appreciate it!!!!!

If you like you can contact me at the following email address: chamo_007@yahoo.com

Thanks again,

Dazodiak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I understand your frustration Dazodiak, and I will assume your title was simply an analogy to the frustration you are feeling right now. What I can tell you is that many people here are in the same position and as a community there is some support by other members to be had. Also one way to help may be for you and your loved one to make plans for things once they are here. Lots will have to happen and the planning will take time and help things then -- plus help bide the time. Also if you can visit them I would suggest doing so when and if at all possible.

Your title has been updated.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Almost everyone wants it to go faster - I havent seen any good way. USCIS has criteria for an expedite, but even then, they may not be willing to help.

Regarding paystubs - for the interview, you will need to send an I-134 form, this is in relation to your income. You need to be 125% of poverty level at a minimum.

I filed just after you, so I me an hundreds of others here understand your frustration.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Almost everyone wants it to go faster - I havent seen any good way. USCIS has criteria for an expedite, but even then, they may not be willing to help.

Regarding paystubs - for the interview, you will need to send an I-134 form, this is in relation to your income. You need to be 125% of poverty level at a minimum.

I filed just after you, so I me an hundreds of others here understand your frustration.

I'm not sure what "You need to be 125% of poverty level at a minimum" means. I don't drive a BMW, I work 40+ hours a week, and I rent.....so that should give you an idea of my financial situation.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I think for 2008 the poverty level is somth like 15000$ a year. and u should have at least 20000 a year to prove u can support yr fiance/wife once she gets there. my husband checked this somewhere on the internet, so might be not the official poverty level, but anyways is close to that. at least for u to get an idea about it.

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

I'm an American citizen and my wife is overseas. I can't believe this process takes so long. We got married in July and I'm currently living alone here in the US. I received a letter from USCIS saying that they received my I-130 and I-129F on October 28. I got the receipt numbers and I check daily to see if any progress has been made, but nothing. I'm hearing that it will take them 6 months to process my application and another 6 months at the embassy to schedule my wife for an interview. This is ridiculous!!!!!! Do you guys know anyway I can have this process move faster?

Another question, I keep hearing that USCIS needs to see how much I make a year, but nowhere in the application did it request my pay-stubs. Did I miss something?

But most important, can anyone let me know of a way I can move this faster and have my wife with me soon!! I greatly appreciate it!!!!!

If you like you can contact me at the following email address: chamo_007@yahoo.com

Thanks again,

Dazodiak

My friend we all are on the same boat! I got married with my wife las June and I feel the same way you are! I know it is frustrating but we are all here to support each other! I've been trying to visit my wife lately but the airlines tickets for this time are unreacheable and I live check by check just like you are!

And for the income verification take it easy you will have time to send all your documentation down the road!

my email is jomartinez67@hotmail.com in case you have any questions, I'll be glad to help you!

chao...

Orlando

I-130

09/19/08 Mailed I-130

09/29/08 NOA1 Recieved

04/10/09 I-130 Approved

04/18/09 NOA2 Recieved

04/17/09 Case recieved by NVC

04/30/09 AOS Bill Recieved

04/30/09 DS-3032 Recieved

05/01/09 AOS Bill Paid

05/01/09 DS-3032 Email Sent

05/07/09 Sent I-864

05/11/09 Overnight DS-3032

05/13/09 Paid Bill IV "In Process"

05/14/09 Bill IV "Paid"

05/14/09 Overnight DS-230 Doc's

05/15/09 DS-230 recieved by NVC

05/22/09 Case on review

05/28/09 NVC requested original beneficiary divorse papers

05/29/09 Fedex RFE

06/05/09 RFE uploaded on NVC system (Finally)

06/15/09 Case Completed

06/26/09 File Left NVC

06/30/09 File arrived Embassy

07/21/09 Medical

07/22/09 CR-1 Interview Day

07/22/09 Visa Approved

xx/xx/xx Visa recieved

08/05/09 Finally home - End of Journey

09/14/09 Welcome letter and Green Card recieved

You did not miss it, this information will be requested from you further down the road on your visa process...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

check that link, it tells you what is the Minimum you should be making in a year in order to be 125% above the poverty line... For me it will be 17,500 a year when I start the paperwork. If you are not making this much money start looking for someone else as a joint sponsor before they start requesting this information from you!

Seems that you are doing all of this on your own (as I will be too), more reason to read A LOT in this forum, there is a load of information on the process and the paperwork and the users are very helpful!! I have not started my paperwork yet, but I want to get as well informed as I can while I wait... Look at this flowchart:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k3flow

maybe it can give you an idea what to expect. Good luck!

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

N400 Mailed: 12/09/2016

Priority Date: 12/13/2016

Biometrics Appmt: 01/13/17

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
We got married in July and I'm currently living alone here in the US. I received a letter from USCIS saying that they received my I-130 and I-129F on October 28. I got the receipt numbers and I check daily to see if any progress has been made, but nothing. I'm hearing that it will take them 6 months to process my application and another 6 months at the embassy to schedule my wife for an interview. This is ridiculous!!!!!! Do you guys know anyway I can have this process move faster?

You have just started the process you need to be patient. I know that is hard to hear but there is nothing that any of us can do. You are in the Vermont service center. Prepare yourself for a long wait. I have been waiting for 4 months and there are many people who have been waiting for 6 or 7 months just to get an approval from Vermont. For some people the process is taking about 1 year. I am not trying to scare but to let you know a realistic time line. Try to be patient. I think the best advise I can give for the pain is to keep yourself busy. Get a couple of jobs and take some classes. When your always busy there is not enough time to think about the pain. Sorry for the bad news. Good luck :thumbs:

create_maleScene.jpg

USCIS *CR-1 Visa*

2008-07-26 : I-130 Sent

2009-04-02 : Interview at Embassy in Lima, Peru Approved

2009-04-08 : POE Atlanta (256 days from sending I-130)

USCIS *Removal of Conditions*

2011-02-28 : Mailed I-751

2011-03-02 : USPS Delivery Confirmation

2011-03-10 : Check Cashed

2011-03-11 : Touched

2011-03-25 : USCIS confirmed they did not mail NOA 1, given case number

2011-04-05 : Infopass appointment passport stamped with I-551

2011-04-19 : Walk in Biometrics completed (2 weeks early)

2011-05-03 : Biometrics appointment (3 year anniversary)

2011-08-25 : Approved

2011-08-31 : Card in hand (184 days after sending I-751)

*Application for Naturalization*

2012-03-24 : Mailed N-400

2012-03-26 : NOA1

2012-03-29 : Check Cashed

2012-05-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2012-06-04 : Interview Letter

2012-07-09 : Interview in Raleigh, NC (Passed)

2012-07-20 : Oath Ceremony (119 days after sending N-400)

[/center]

I'm not sure what "You need to be 125% of poverty level at a minimum" means. I don't drive a BMW, I work 40+ hours a week, and I rent.....so that should give you an idea of my financial situation.

It means - for a household of 2 (husband/wife) who live in the continental US (Alaska & Hawaii are a bit more) you need to gross $17,500 at least. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Welcome to VJ. It will be a long and love-testing journey, so arm yourself with patience and diligence :thumbs:

I would advice you to start by reading the guides. Here's the link to the K3 visa

K3 Guide

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.