stanko76

I-130 Married son of US Citizen, eternal waiting...

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi guys. My story go like that: My dad (US Citizen) apply for me, my wife and two kids - I-130 visa (third preference - married son), receipt date in California National Center is November 18th, 2004. My dad become US citizen in September 2004. and first time arrive in USA at november 1998. We are already wait 1410 days, so at november 18th, 2008, it will be 4 years of waiting for approval/denial. How much longer will we wait for decision, aprroval/denial - that`s my basic question. After approval (if so), i know process, waiting priority date, etc..., but when i see approval notice, at least, i know that we are moving in USA, whether i t will be for 1, 2 or 3 years after hopefully - approval. Thanx for answers, guys. Best regards from Belgrade, Serbia. P.S - I already have 2 soft "LUD`s" (last updated dates - 1st at dec`06 and last one jun`08).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Check the processing times link above. For Californa it shows they are currently processing 1-130's for alien married sons/daughters of us citizens that filed in June of 2001.

Long time, yes ugh.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Even though it may be approved by USCIS in about 3-4 years they are currently working on cases filed in july of 2000 as far as a visa number.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4384.html

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

How strange, you CBR, are from Wisconsin - and we suppose to move to Milwaukee where my dad live (when we get approved) and by the way - do you know what is mean soft "last updated date" (changing dates only on my account). Thank you.

Any encouraging informations??? Please?

Hi guys. My story go like that: My dad (US Citizen) apply for me, my wife and two kids - I-130 visa (third preference - married son), receipt date in California National Center is November 18th, 2004. My dad become US citizen in September 2004. and first time arrive in USA at november 1998. We are already wait 1410 days, so at november 18th, 2008, it will be 4 years of waiting for approval/denial. How much longer will we wait for decision, aprroval/denial - that`s my basic question. After approval (if so), i know process, waiting priority date, etc..., but when i see approval notice, at least, i know that we are moving in USA, whether i t will be for 1, 2 or 3 years after hopefully - approval. Thanx for answers, guys. Best regards from Belgrade, Serbia. P.S - I already have 2 soft "LUD`s" (last updated dates - 1st at dec`06 and last one jun`08).

Current wait times (married son/daughter over 21) is 7+ years.

• 9 months later...
Timeline

I`ve got 2 LUD`s (last updated dates) for last 10 days. So - total: 4 LUD`s for 4 years and 9 months, but last two in a last 10 days! Any clue - what`s that mean?

Please, answers? Thank you guys!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The posters above gave you the truth- you'll have another 3+ years wait. I know this is not encouraging, but at leats it is elss than you have been waiting already.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What about 4 LUD`s, any meaning?

Hi stanko76

Just a thought about the LUD's. Have you contacted anyone who may have looked at your account? That would explain the recent updates?

Best wishes

Richard

IR-5 FOR BOTH PARENTS

04/23/09 : I-130 Sent

04/30/09 : I-130 NOA1 Received

08/10/09 : I-130 Approved

08/14/09 : I-130 NOA2 Received

08/17/09 : NVC Case Numbers issued

08/17/09 : Called NVC and registered email addresses against Case Number

08/20/09 : Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

08/20/09 : Paid I-864 Bill

08/21/09 : Returned Completed DS-3032 Forms (by email)

08/23/09 : Receive I-864 Package

08/24/09 : Return Completed I-864

08/26/09 : I-864 Acknowledged at NVC

09/03/09 : Receive IV Bill

09/03/09 : Paid IV Bill

09/03/09 : DS-3032 Accepted

09/04/09 : IV Bill shown as PAID

09/04/09 : Returned Completed DS-230 package

09/08/09 : DS-230 Received NVC

09/17/09 : RFE (Military Record of Service & German Police Check)

10/02/09 : RFE Documents sent by DHL to NVC

10/07/09 : Documents arrive at NVC

10/16/09 : Case Complete NVC

10/26/09 : Received email notification of case complete

10/29/09 : Notification of interview date by email

10/30/09 : Medicals Booked

11/17/09 : Medical in London (Richard)

11/19/09 : Medical in London (My wife)

12/01/09 : Interview in London

12/01/09 : Required documents faxed to embassy

12/09/09 : Required documents faxed again to embassy

12/09/09 : Hard copies of documents mailed to embassy

12/17/09 : Visa received by courier

12/18/09 : US ENTRY ORLANDO!

Timeline

Hi Richard-UK (hope that u r from Liverpool, `cause i support LIverpool FC)!

I didn`t contact anyone about my recent LUD`s.

Here is my case info:

visa type: I-130 F3 (married son of US citizen over 21)

dad filed for us: OCT/27/2004

received at CSC: NOV/18/2004

1st LUD: DEC/15/2006

2nd LUD: JUN/21/2008

3rd LUD: AUG/14/2009

4th LUD: AUG/17/2009

So, as u see, 2 changed dates in a last 11 days (counting from today).......

Any hope, that i am close to their final answer? Aprroval/Denial, any answer just to know where i am and in which way my life will go...Sick of life somewhere between...4.5 years of twilight zone...

Thank you for answers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Your 1-130 will be approved, assuming your father filled in the paperwork correctly.

Your visa interview is a long way off.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 8 months later...

Hope is dying last.....

E. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

Family-sponsored: During the past fifteen months, the level of demand for numbers in the Family-sponsored preference categories has been very low. As a result, the cut-off dates for most Family preference categories have been advancing at a very rapid pace, in an attempt to generate demand so that the annual numerical limits may be fully utilized. If demand for numbers should begin to materialize cut-off date movements may begin to slow or stop.

Dominican Republic: Continued heavy applicant demand for Dominican Republic numbers is likely to result in the oversubscription of this chargeability in June. This would cause the cut-off dates for the Family second preference categories to be earlier than those which apply to most other countries.

Employment-based: Applicant demand for Employment Fourth preference numbers remains very heavy. It is likely that a cut-off date will need to be established in an effort to keep number use within the annual limits. Depending upon number use, this action could occur as early as June.

I got this off the visa bulletin for May 2010. These other folks are so certain that is going to take forever but you never know what changes can occur and make the process speed up a little. I also am the married son/daughter of a US citizen my priority date is March 2005 and I just got my approval letter after I checked and the info state they were still processing May 2002 in my category at the California service center. It all depends on the availability of a visa number and your country of chargeability......Hang in there like I am it will come through one of these days. I am awaiting further instructions on when I will be eligible to file AOS..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.