belinda63

He's driving me crazy

76 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
:D :D :D

Aww... it will get better, Belinda.

in the beginning i sent mine out on a lot of errands, to the mosque, to English class...

But just consider that him asking questions might be a blessing!

My husband doesn't ask any questions... he just does things...

like taking the sofa apart, just to see how it's put together??? :blink:

ha ha ha ha!!!! :rofl: seriously?! OH MY GOSH! HOW I CANT WAIT TO HAVE THESE COMPLAINTS! I pray for you to have patience with it all sweetie-- like stated before-- he's only been here a month and this was a MAJOR change in his scene and everything! Give it time, cherish every second you have, and keep being patient! God brought you together for a reason and a purpose! Believe in that if nothing else!0---Take care!-Amy

April 29, 2008-met Amin- the man of my dreams&love of my life! May 29,2008- flew to Jordan June 1, 2008-started the long CRAZY process of standing in line, waiting for stamps, and being sent from one office to another only to pay another fee and find another line! June 3,2008-The HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! June 11, 2008- Returned home,started paperwork.June 30, 2008-Sent off I-130 pkt to Chicago.July 3, 2008-I-130 pkt received, fwd to CSC.August 4, 2008-NOA #1 August 11, 2008-Sent in I-129F pkt to CSC.August 18, 2008-NOA#2*APPROVED*September 4, 2008-NVC printed AOS instructions-(mailed Sept. 8) September 13, 2008-Rec'd AOS Bill in the mail.[/i] September 15, 2008-Used online payment option.-October 14, 2008-Sent off AOS packet with joint sponsor info.-rec'd@NVC Oct 15. October 30,2008-Got RFENovember 12, 2008-Priority to NVC,BIOGRAPH/Certs!Here we go![/b]November 19,2008RFE!#######!-overnite Nov 25-3 December, 2008-CASE COMPLETE NVC!INTERVIEW FEB 18TH-Approved!!!February 28,2009 HUBBY ARRIVED ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28TH, 2009---LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!ALHAMDULALLAH!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
:D :D :D

Aww... it will get better, Belinda.

in the beginning i sent mine out on a lot of errands, to the mosque, to English class...

But just consider that him asking questions might be a blessing!

My husband doesn't ask any questions... he just does things...

like taking the sofa apart, just to see how it's put together??? :blink:

ha ha ha ha!!!! :rofl: seriously?! OH MY GOSH! HOW I CANT WAIT TO HAVE THESE COMPLAINTS! I pray for you to have patience with it all sweetie-- like stated before-- he's only been here a month and this was a MAJOR change in his scene and everything! Give it time, cherish every second you have, and keep being patient! God brought you together for a reason and a purpose! Believe in that if nothing else!0---Take care!-Amy

I think that's true for all of us waiters out there! By the way, I love your signature LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Thanks everyone for a few laughs and a few insights. I think some misunderstood what I was complaining about, it's not the questions I can answer but the impossible ones that I'm like how the heck should i know how much United will pay you for ur bag, or which airline is cheapest, or which state has the cheapest cars.

I am trying my best but it doesn't help when he says "why don't you know".. the shell answer woman I am not.

Thanks Nutty, I am slowly pushing him out of the nest and when he starts working maybe he will become more self reliant. I asked him, if you won't talk on the phone to someone how do u expect to get a job?

Thanks for the laughs and I will keep an eye on the sofa.

I can ask my husband to call your husband about giving some pointers.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was expecting a bed of roses when my husband came. The truth (I have come to see) is: He was uprooted from his home and planted in the US. Everything is new to him. Tarik asks me questions all the time! ALL THE TIME. I am expected to do a lot of these things because I know this country better than he does. Something as "simple" as using your Speedy Rewards card at a gas station requires about 2 hours of explaining and an extra hour of on the job training. I had to do these things, show him, do them with him and then eventually he starts doing things on his own.

Your man will adjust. But it takes a long time. I would have a lot of trouble if I moved to Morocco. Just buying something at the store would be strange to me. I wouldn't even go to the Arab stores in the US and ask for Halal meat. I needed someone else to do it because I was embarrassed I would mess up.

Be patient with him. Put yourself in his shoes.

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

babyshell right? I like the new name Leyla. I remember you are a newly wed too. I wonder if I would still be considered a newly wed since my Husband and I only got 21 days together even though we've been married almost two years?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
babyshell right? I like the new name Leyla. I remember you are a newly wed too. I wonder if I would still be considered a newly wed since my Husband and I only got 21 days together even though we've been married almost two years?

Yes I am babyeshell :) Darnit my cover is blown! :) Leyla is my unofficial Muslim name. It's more like a nickname. But I like it :)

Well if he just got here you would fit under this topic :) How is everything? :)

Omg I use ":)"s like it's a punctuation mark!

Edited by Leyla

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes I am babyeshell :) Darnit my cover is blown! :) Leyla is my unofficial Muslim name. It's more like a nickname. But I like it :)

Well if he just got here you would fit under this topic :) How is everything? :)

Omg I use ":)"s like it's a punctuation mark!

Really good! I'm excited to be moving there in 6 months! You may hear me say that a lot until then! :P

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Hey Tina did you see we got a new mena member also named Tina! What are the odds of meeting two Tina's ever?

Do you mean me????

I have been so flat out busy at work, I haven't had a chance to post or look at posts

Filed: Timeline
Hey Tina did you see we got a new mena member also named Tina! What are the odds of meeting two Tina's ever?

Do you mean me????

I have been so flat out busy at work, I haven't had a chance to post or look at posts

Hey Tina I am the new Tina that Olivia was talking about. I will just say you know what T N T means. ;)

We should have great fun here!

:wacko:

I would call it adjusting...for you and for him....as alot of us think the hardest part is waiting and getting visa in hand,

it could very well be...the reaquaintance and taste of "real life" can be challenging as well.

I was expecting a bed of roses when my husband came. The truth (I have come to see) is: He was uprooted from his home and planted in the US. Everything is new to him. Tarik asks me questions all the time! ALL THE TIME. I am expected to do a lot of these things because I know this country better than he does. Something as "simple" as using your Speedy Rewards card at a gas station requires about 2 hours of explaining and an extra hour of on the job training. I had to do these things, show him, do them with him and then eventually he starts doing things on his own.

Your man will adjust. But it takes a long time. I would have a lot of trouble if I moved to Morocco. Just buying something at the store would be strange to me. I wouldn't even go to the Arab stores in the US and ask for Halal meat. I needed someone else to do it because I was embarrassed I would mess up.

Be patient with him. Put yourself in his shoes.

BABYSHELL??? LEYLA??? :blush:

YOU GOT ME :thumbs:

I would give anything to be in your shoes right now....

Amen! Me too. :thumbs:

awwwwwwww

I remember just 3 weeks ago posting comments like yours and you know what

YOU WILL BE IN OUR SHOES....and I am praying that your hopes and dreams are fulfilled.

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP TINA AND LINDA!! (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm not trying to judge you by asking this, but what did you expect when you brought him here? Has he ever been to the US before? If it's a culture that he doesn't understand yet, then it's natural for him to have many questions about anything and everything, from gas prices, to the area, to when he'll be able to do things for himself.

I understand you have your own things going on with work, finances, and your daughter, but you knew all of this when you petitioned for him to move over..? It's a big transition for him, and both of you need patience and communication to get through it. I imagine if you moved to Iran, you would be wondering many things yourself, including about your independence.

It takes a while to get over the fear and adjustments that come with making phonecalls and finding out information. English is my first language but I have a British accent, and even I hate speaking on the phone to American companies. It's amazing how a different accent throws them off. Try to have some patience. He's only been here for a month.

Good luck.

Right on Gemmie, if he was sitting his a$$ on the couch all day watching TV and not making an effort to do anything it would be another "lazy" story. To the OP be glad hes anxious and curious, you should have anticipated all this before he got here.

Edited by baxxy

Timeline

:thumbs:

Do you mean me????

Hey Tina I am the new Tina that Olivia was talking about. I will just say you know what T N T means. ;)

We should have great fun here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.