Yaads

Yardies - How did you meet your SO?

How you met your SO  

124 members have voted

1. 1. In what country did you meet your SO?

• U.S.
    • Jamaica
    • Other - please explain
  2. 2. What was the purpose for the trip when you met?

• Vacation
    • Business Trip/Work
    • Visiting Family/Friends
    • Volunteer/Mission Work
    • Other - Please explain
  3. 3. Where did you meet your SO?

• Resort/Hotel/Motel
    • Beach/Local tourist attraction
    • Club/Bar/Restaurant
    • Work/Business function
    • Introduced by family
    • Introduced by friends
    • Grew up together/childhood friends
    • School/School function
    • Church/Church function
    • Other - please explain

170 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was born in Jamaica and since I migrated I go back a couple times a year to visit my family. When I first met Lance I never really even paid him any attention. I was 16 at the time and I thought of him as just another one of my cousin's friends. But a couple visits after meeting him I noticed there was something about the way he looked at me. The look gave me more than butterflies....oooh and when he bites his lip!!!! Ok earth to Marie lol. Where was I?...so we became friends and would hang out while I was down there and when I was over here we'd talk on the phone. We always joked about gettin married and ray ray but we nothing ever serious until a couple of years ago when he told me I was his best friend and that he loved me. We've been dating ever since and in January (God spare) we'll become one :star:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
THANKS QUANA...WE REALLY ARE IN LOVE..TODAY I STOPPED AT HIS JOB..THEY ASKED HIM TO WORK LATE AND HE HAD NO CASH ON HIM SO I HAD TO RUN AND GIVE HIM MONEY..HE GOES I FEEL BAD I CAN'T GIVE U A KISS...TOO MANY PEOPLE BOSSES ..JUST NEVER KNOW..WASN'T APPROPRIATE U KNOW..I LOVE HIM

ya gwaan mek mi yeye wata.. dis wha mi a wan.. even tru di ups and down BOTH of us madly in love. that is too cute girl..

Timeline
I was born in Jamaica and since I migrated I go back a couple times a year to visit my family. When I first met Lance I never really even paid him any attention. I was 16 at the time and I thought of him as just another one of my cousin's friends. But a couple visits after meeting him I noticed there was something about the way he looked at me. The look gave me more than butterflies....oooh and when he bites his lip!!!! Ok earth to Marie lol. Where was I?...so we became friends and would hang out while I was down there and when I was over here we'd talk on the phone. We always joked about gettin married and ray ray but we nothing ever serious until a couple of years ago when he told me I was his best friend and that he loved me. We've been dating ever since and in January (God spare) we'll become one :star:

Marie!! another tale of young love, I am so in love with being in love :blush: Keep the stories coming..

oh and marie.. i know a likkle bit bout dat der "biting the lip" DYAM why I tell RG what that does to me, I think he does it even more now LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I met my fiance Neil while on vacation in Jamaica. He and I are both bartenders so we talked late into the night upon meeting about differences and similarities of working restaurant industry in our countries. We had an instant connection, and after a couple of drinks I was just as smitten as he was. I spent the rest of the week hanging out with him, and he took me to his house and cooked me dinner a couple of times, and he introduced me to his family. I was sad to leave him; I expected that was the end of it and I would never see him again. I travel a lot, but I never go to the same place twice.

We ended up talking on the phone every day, however, and I couldn't get him out of my mind. To make a long story short I have now been back to Jamaica six times and I am seven and a half months pregnant with his son. I have never met anyone like Neil...He is at the same time strong, masculine, protective, and sexy (alpha male), but also sensitive and open with his emotions.

Our interview is Friday and I am so nervous.

I met my fiance Neil while on vacation in Jamaica. He and I are both bartenders so we talked late into the night upon meeting about differences and similarities of working restaurant industry in our countries. We had an instant connection, and after a couple of drinks I was just as smitten as he was. I spent the rest of the week hanging out with him, and he took me to his house and cooked me dinner a couple of times, and he introduced me to his family. I was sad to leave him; I expected that was the end of it and I would never see him again. I travel a lot, but I never go to the same place twice.

We ended up talking on the phone every day, however, and I couldn't get him out of my mind. To make a long story short I have now been back to Jamaica six times and I am seven and a half months pregnant with his son. I have never met anyone like Neil...He is at the same time strong, masculine, protective, and sexy (alpha male), but also sensitive and open with his emotions.

Our interview is Friday and I am so nervous.

I wish you the best and a success interview!!!

Timeline

Good luck acrow.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
acrow, you will be fine! Are you going? I remember you weren't sure if you could or not.

Yes I am going thank god. My doctor released me to fly until the beginning of December. We got the interview just in time!

Thanks for everyones' well wishes!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
acrow, you will be fine! Are you going? I remember you weren't sure if you could or not.

Yes I am going thank god. My doctor released me to fly until the beginning of December. We got the interview just in time!

Thanks for everyones' well wishes!

How wonderful :D Best wishes and good luck at your interview!

Timeline

What a beautiful story...

nice survey Yaads :)

Well, Kashi and I kind of grew up together. He used to come to the house in the mornings to wait for my brother and walk to school with his brothers while we lived in Kingston. I had no idea he was any kind of way interest in me. He's 2 yrs older than me so that would have been bad... :unsure: We moved to Portmore when I turned 13 and didn't see them for like a yr..one day some new people move in and guess who it was Kashi and his family. Like a young boy he used to always mess with me and me with my grown self asked him one night "WHY ARE U MESSING WITH ME!" HIS REPLY WAS "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU" ! I SAID 1st of all you don't know what love is :). We started "dating" and i left fot NY about 2 yrs later, we tried to keep the lines of communication open, but that didn't work. But after 9 yrs my sisters were in JA and he got in touch with me thru them. The night my phone rang I don't know where that feeling came from but I felt it was him. He asked to marry him over the phone in the summer 2004 I wasn't goin to JA til Jan 2005 but i knew i wanted to marry him and we were gonna get married, so I asked what kind of wedding he would like he said just the 2 of us..mi ask him if him mad..so we had a wedding of about 45 ppl in JA. BTW we couldn't wait so Kimora was conceived in Jan 2005 AFTER I BOUGHT DRESS :o so i had to go exchange my bra stuff for under my dress for just a strapless bra B) ..and we got approved August 2006 he arrived in the US August 2007 with a 10 yr greencard..and we're still going strong with chanllenges of course :)

Love at first sight is easy to understand;

it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.