Yaads

Yardies - How did you meet your SO?

How you met your SO  

124 members have voted

1. 1. In what country did you meet your SO?

• U.S.
    • Jamaica
    • Other - please explain
  2. 2. What was the purpose for the trip when you met?

• Vacation
    • Business Trip/Work
    • Visiting Family/Friends
    • Volunteer/Mission Work
    • Other - Please explain
  3. 3. Where did you meet your SO?

• Resort/Hotel/Motel
    • Beach/Local tourist attraction
    • Club/Bar/Restaurant
    • Work/Business function
    • Introduced by family
    • Introduced by friends
    • Grew up together/childhood friends
    • School/School function
    • Church/Church function
    • Other - please explain

170 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Saw my husband on a jamaican christian dating site. (He had no clue I was living in Jamaica and he is so not a computer person). his sister-in law created a profile for him and he sent me a message (first girl he saw on the page with face picture).

Anyway, a month passed and I ignored his cordial messages. (Was not ready for no long distance r/ship).

A month later when I went to delete my profile cause I could not bother with that dormant site anymore, I saw the message still inbox, looked at his pic and sure nuff he was christian (dressed like one too). told him I will delete my page soon so he should send me IM or his #.

A week later he sent me his #.

I called him that night 2009 (he had no clue it was me until next day I sent him pictures). Turned out he is from my neighborhood back in Portmore. We grew up together. And he attends my sisters' church.

Told my sister to check him out. They met. Said he was a good decent christian man and she and him became good friends. She gave me the ok.

Fly to Jamaica about 3 months later and went on a date. Never ever ever looked back. Talked every single day.

Asked me to marry him 3 times. On 3rd time I saw he was serious and though our relationship was young, I said yes. NO REGRETS!

I flew home every 2-3 months since then.

We got married 2/2011.

I married the BEST MAN!

Waiting on Approval letter from NVC now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks to digicel so we could maintain out LDR. Very difficult but we love each other so much and miss each other liek crazy.

God will work it out though. cause what God has joined together, no man can put asunder.

Edited by Mrs. Blackwood

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Saw my husband on a jamaican christian dating site. (He had no clue I was living in Jamaica and he is so not a computer person). his sister-in law created a profile for him and he sent me a message (first girl he saw on the page with face picture).

Anyway, a month passed and I ignored his cordial messages. (Was not ready for no long distance r/ship).

A month later when I went to delete my profile cause I could not bother with that dormant site anymore, I saw the message still inbox, looked at his pic and sure nuff he was christian (dressed like one too). told him I will delete my page soon so he should send me IM or his #.

A week later he sent me his #.

I called him that night 2009 (he had no clue it was me until next day I sent him pictures). Turned out he is from my neighborhood back in Portmore. We grew up together. And he attends my sisters' church.

Told my sister to check him out. They met. Said he was a good decent christian man and she and him became good friends. She gave me the ok.

Fly to Jamaica about 3 months later and went on a date. Never ever ever looked back. Talked every single day.

Asked me to marry him 3 times. On 3rd time I saw he was serious and though our relationship was young, I said yes. NO REGRETS!

I flew home every 2-3 months since then.

We got married 2/2011.

I married the BEST MAN!

Waiting on Approval letter from NVC now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks to digicel so we could maintain out LDR. Very difficult but we love each other so much and miss each other liek crazy.

God will work it out though. cause what God has joined together, no man can put asunder.

VEry sweet, congrats, and wishing you lots of luck in this journey, this visa thang nuh easy :no:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, I went to jamaica in February to visit my family. My cousin came to the airport with a taxi driver who as our eyes made four, we automatically connected. It was love at first sight. We hung out a lot and spoke about life and our expectations. It turned out that we both wanted the samethings. Before leaving to come back to America I called him up and said, I'm taking you back to America with me. He was speechless. We are still going strong and just waiting for this torteous process to be over with so we can see each other everyday and live like husband and wife. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.