neiks

Unusual or different Names for babies.

91 posts in this topic

Been googling for different names for babies.... no I'm not pregnant but am just bored. Any different or unusual name suggestions out there?

These are mine:

Bria

Kaley or Kalan

Hayden or Haylen

Raine

Cali or Kali or Kaden

Callum

Dacey

Skylar

Ryker

Talan

Maelyn

Adelyn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called my daughter Rhiannon.....16 years ago it was an unusal name but is growing in popularity I think. My step daughter has a son called Kayden...I hadn't heard that before.

Friend of mine named her baby daugter Kerrigan. The baby's great-grandmother's maiden name was Anne Kerrigan. The baby is Kerrigan Anne. I thought Kerrigan was a pretty name, although I know some family members were skeptical.

AOS TIMELINE

16th December 2005 - Sent I-130, AOS, EAD & AP USPS overnight to Chicago Lockbox

18th December 2005 - Received at Chicago 9.18pm.

23rd December 2005 - NOAs for I-130, AOS, EAD, AP!! Didn't expect them that quickly

13th January 2006 - RFE for Medical and additional I-864 info

17th January 2006 - INFOPASS Apt about RFE.

23rd January 2006 - Appointment notice for Biometrics on 10th Feb.

10th February 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

21st February 2006 - Medical. Cost $250 including all blood tests, Td Shot, TB test and Titers for MMR and Varicella.

27th February 2006 - Appointment with immigration lawyer re. RFE for I-864.

1st March 2006 - Final results Medical. Papers in hand to send.

10th March 2006 - RFE responses to Lees Summit

13th March 2006 - RFE responses signed for at Lees Summit

24th March 2006 - Emergency AP approved in Omaha

28th March 2006- Collected AP

31st March 2006 - EAD Approval online

7th April 2006 - EAD arrived in mailbox.

21st April 2006- Received Interview Date for 22nd June

9th May 2006- Received SSN

22nd June 2006- AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED

REMOVING CONDITIONS

June 20 2008 - Package mailed to CSC under new rules. Would have been an NSC transfer

June 23 2008 - Package recieved at CSC

June 27 2008 - Recieve NOA1

July 16 2008 - Biometrics

July 17 2008 - Touched

September 9 2008 - Card production ordered

I guess that is a problem with choosing a unique name. My husbands name is Bradyn, which is a popular name now but was fairly unique when he was a kid. He hates it too - would rather be a Dave, Steve, etc. Nobody ever spells it correct and he usually gets called Brady or Brandon.

I think it's nice to have something unique rather than just another Mathew, Sarah, Jessica, Nathan, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Friend of mine named her baby daugter Kerrigan. The baby's great-grandmother's maiden name was Anne Kerrigan. The baby is Kerrigan Anne. I thought Kerrigan was a pretty name, although I know some family members were skeptical.

That is like a combo of my twins names...Kieran and Keegan.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My friend had her first baby on Sunday - they called him Chapin (pronounced Chez Pin). I thought it was a really nice name. Another friend of mine, years ago, called her son Rafferty - he hated it too and as soon as he was able he changed it to Ben!

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Filed: Timeline

My nephews name is Caden. It was pretty unique when my brother and his wife named him that but I have seen more and more come along. My name is Charity so that is pretty unique. There are more of them now then there used to be. I really enjoy having a name different than most people. I plan on trying to name my kids something different from the norm.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

my cousin named her daughter Makenna which i think is unique and beautiful and my other cousins daughter is Delaney!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

I named my eldest daughter Fawn 23 years ago. Trust me she was the ONLY Fawn in all her years of elementary and high school hehe. Ad that to the fact that she is a flaming redhead and well....let's just say she was one who was never forgotten...still is like that too. She was teased a few times, called things like Fawn-du and Fawn-zie and her EX (note that I say EX boyfriend) called her FAWNDLE just ONCE in front of me. :angry:

But she absolutely loves her name because it's as unique as she is.

This is my Fawn... :luv:

173209016qykpkoph8va.jpg

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Don't make a name too unusual. For the sake of your children. The quirky name you give them at birth will be the same one they get picked on for later.

Worst name ever... (a shipmate of mine)

Ransom Cudworth Alexander

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

meh not all names will cause them to get picked on.....i am constantly called....

Kelly smelly

Kelly Belly

and Kelly is like one of the most popular names ever

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Timeline
Don't make a name too unusual. For the sake of your children. The quirky name you give them at birth will be the same one they get picked on for later.

Worst name ever... (a shipmate of mine)

Ransom Cudworth Alexander

I don't know why parents feel that they have to name their child Moon Unit to give them a unique name. What the hell is wrong with Michael, David, Robert for a boy or Deborah, Susan or Mary for girl?

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I LOVE the name Kayden. LOVE IT.

I knew a girl in college named Asia. I love that too.

I want to name my first daughter Sydney. Not too different but I love it. When my parents named me Caroline - it WAS different - now EVERYONE is named Caroline!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg