akdiver

Obama and slavery

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yes, and they were classified as slaves because of what they looked like, yes?
No. Actually, it was based on the "amount of black blood" one had. Check out the "one drop rule".

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Actually, it was based on the "amount of black blood" one had. Check out the "one drop rule".

Right. Which was based on DNA evidence, not appearance, is that correct?

I realize this post should go in your other "spit the dummy out" thread.

Edited by Big Agnes!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow,....talk about a sore loser,...well you know what they say..."haters make me famous"...Dude, your only making Obama more famous whining the way you are, is there really any need for all this negativity being drawn out now that we know that your preference didnt win....

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Timeline
Uh...no. They didn't even know about DNA when the one drop rule was developed (:

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow,....talk about a sore loser,...well you know what they say..."haters make me famous"...Dude, your only making Obama more famous whining the way you are, is there really any need for all this negativity being drawn out now that we know that your preference didnt win....

:dance:

Timeline
what are you talking about?? You have no idea who I voted for.

Uh...no. They didn't even know about DNA when the one drop rule was developed (:

*whoooooooosh!*

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Now here's a thought.......there was a time when Obama would have been someone else's slave. With his promised economic policies, it will not be long before we are all his slaves.God bless America.
Wait..weren't you just taking the position that he's as white as he is black?
Um...yes, I was - but what does that have to do with anything? LOTS of slaves had "white blood" in them.

Some slaves were White. My aunt's family had White slaves in Virginia. Some of you may be their descendents.

Edited by Virtual wife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Go sleep it off you chopf#ck...

We've had enough of your childish posts...

You are not amusing... just deal with your loss and move on...

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

?

People weren't slaves because of the amount of Black blood they had. They were slaves because they were property. Color had little to do with it. There are Blacks in the US whose early American ancesters were never slaves, and may have owned slaves. There were rich blacks. The first female millionaire in the US was a Black woman. There is far more to Black history in this country other than slavery.

Edited by Virtual wife

Timeline
Some slaves were White
...which is precisely my point (:

just deal with your loss and move on...
what loss?

People weren't slaves because of the amount of Black blood they had. They were slaves because they were property. Color had little to do with it. There are Blacks in the US whose early American ancesters were never slaves, and may have owned slaves. There were rich blacks. The first female millionaire in the US was a Black woman. There is far more to Black history in this country other than slavery.
But we were talking about the blacks who were slaves...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Some slaves were White
...which is precisely my point (:

just deal with your loss and move on...
what loss?

But we were talking about the blacks who were slaves...

you assumed in your original post that he would have been a slave, she is merely making the point that not all black people were slaves and not all slaves were black.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

*whoooooooosh!*

:rofl:

There is far more to Black history in this country other than slavery.

Indeed.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
you assumed in your original post that he would have been a slave
No I didn't. Go back and look at the post and see what it ACTUALLY says.

there was a time when Obama would have been someone else's slave.
That would be prior to emancipation. In case you have not noticed, we had not had legally had slavery in America since. Edited by akdiver