11/06/08 Biometrics Done

02/05/2009 Received interview letter

20/12/2008 EAD & AP approved

24/12/2008 EAD approved again( :oO)

02/25/2009 GC Approved

03/02/2009 GC received

01/05/2011 I-751 Mailed.

01/10/2011 Check got Cashed.

03/08/2011 Hell Ya I got approved ( Thanks to WM Tom Langford)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys!!!I think we got approved:)

the interview was overall good.We swore in first and then she went through some questions on the petions.She asked my husband for his birth certificate and my license.then asked me why i got a duplicate license.i told her we just moved so she updated my application.then she asked my husband his birthday to confirm and asked me to confirm my birthday and where i was born.she asked if we have kids.she asked if my husband has petioned for anybody before.she asked me if anybody petioned for me before and i told her i had a greencard when i was a baby through my mom and also later on i was on my moms petition as beneficery.she asked my husband if he has ever seen my baby picture.(i was like what the hell:P)he said yes.i thought she wanted to make sure that he prepared the folders with me since i had a copy of my green card that i had when i was a baby.so then she shows him a paper "have you seen this one before?"i looked at i was like "wow i didn't even see that one".so yea it was the application that was put in for me when i was like a month old and that was the pic.then she asked when my F1 visa expires i said it expired already,actually it expired while i was entering the us but i was given a visa waiver.so i handed that to her.(i know i was very very lucky)then she asked about the opt i told her that expired this january and i have the EAD based on the I-485.so then she asked my husband how did you make the decisioin to marry me.man my husband froze for a second(he doesnt really like talking other people how he feels;P)so at this mometn i had a big smile on my face.then he was like well i love her, she makes me feel very good,when the times are hard she is there for me..i was like "aww" and he was kinda getting red:)so then she was like thats good but what was that moment that spark made you ask her.so he started "well when we were living together at Gainesville we were deciding where to move.i wanted jacksonville,she wanted naples.so we ended up in naples:)after we move i realized even though i dont like naples,i'm very happy with her.so I realized it didn't matter where I am as long as I am with her and that's when I decided to ask her to marry me" I had this huge smile.then she turned to me and said "see I'm asking that for your benefit"I said it is nice to hear things like that :)))then she said "well I have one problem with your case"an dmy heart dropped (i saw a tab saying no info in my folder).she said my medical wasn't completed all the way by the doctor ,the doctor signed and dated but didn't put his name or the hospital's name.and he didn't include my xray copy.so she said that's the only thing holding your case to process,once we get that the card will be in the mail (at least this is what I heard:P)so she said ssincfe you live all the way in naples you don't need to ocme back you can just mail that document or if you prefer to come then your case will be processed that day.so i asked if there is gonna be second interview and she said no all we need is the medical to be signed and the report for the xray.so then she asked for the stuff we have our names on it and i started to hand all these copies and bills.she said i dont need all of them just the copies i can take.i said they are all copies for you:)then she asked about the photos i showed her the album i made since the day we started.then she asked to keep some of them i said you can take whichever you prefer but she said i rather you choose..then i was handign some of them explaining "this was our first kiss" she was like "u sure u wanna give me that pic?" "I was like no actually I don't :)"then my husban and I chose some pics while she was updating everything.then she was like well you have a very big folder (they had everything from my old cases also).she was gonna have us wait to give this notice saying i need to resubmit the medical and how but then she was nice ands aid well you waited enough i'll just give you this copy.then she sshook our hands and said she will still mail us a notice giving a time for us to bring the medical or to send the medical by that date.then she walked out with us and said drive safe:)now I am happy it wasn't my fault but I am pissed about this medical thing.I mean these doctors are the ones that do this kind of stuff all the time and he had to make a mistake on mine.and why I have never gotten a REF about this I have no idea.at least when they asked me to fo to infopass last week (by msitake!!!!) they should have told me or something.so now I am waiting for the notice and then I don't know if I will take it over there or just overnight the medical.

so I am so happy that this thing is over at least we are done with our interview.but still I can't jump up and down untill I get that approved notice or the card .

I want to thank you all for all your support.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
It's already there in her spreadsheet. So far 4 with transfers have been approved...vinacafe, Pam&Josh, aleena, and jonandmary.

Thanks for your reply. What I cannot tell from the spreadsheet is whether the four people that you listed above were also interviewed or not. It is possible that their application was transferred to CSC and they also had to attend the interview.

10 Oct - Arrived in the US on K-1 visa

12 Oct - Legally married! We'll have the ceremony and the reception in Spring '09.

18 Oct - Visited civil surgeon for vaccination records

29 Oct - Mailed I-485 packet to USCIS Chicago lockbox

31 Oct - Packet received by USCIS [Day 1]

06 Nov - NOAs for I-485, I-765 and I-131

14 Nov - Biometrics appointment notice date

19 Nov - I-485 application transferred to CSC

04 Dec - Biometrics appointment [Day 35]

05 Dec - I-485 and I-765 touched [probably attached biometrics info to my records]

05 Jan - EAD card production ordered and AP approval notice sent! Received e-mails from CRIS. [Day 67]

12 Jan - Received EAD card and AP documents. [Day 74]

13 Mar - Received RFE from CSC for I-865 and "missing" medical forms

31 Mar - Response to RFE sent to CSC

23 Apr - I-485 approved! Received e-mail from CRIS. [Day 175]

25 Apr - Received green card, which is not green at all! Done with USCIS for 21 months! [Day 177]

01 Feb - Apply to remove conditions on the temporary permanent resident card.

It's already there in her spreadsheet. So far 4 with transfers have been approved...vinacafe, Pam&Josh, aleena, and jonandmary.

Thanks for your reply. What I cannot tell from the spreadsheet is whether the four people that you listed above were also interviewed or not. It is possible that their application was transferred to CSC and they also had to attend the interview.

They didn't interview. They just got approval emails. I believe if you are going to be transferred to a local office for an interview, you would be informed. Have you had touches recently on your AOS? What dates?

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

We got our welcome letter yesterday, and the card itself came today. Yaaaaayyy!!!

Our Time line:

Met online in 1999

Met in Toronto May 2006

Engaged April 2007 Niagara Falls

K-1 Sent August 10th 2007 (CSC)

K-1 Received August 13th 2007

NOA1 September 26th 2007

NOA2 January 25th 2008

NVC Received February 1st 2008

NVC Sent to MTL February 5th 2008

Packet 3 Received February 19th 2008

Checklist Delivered to MTL February 29th 2008

Medical Exam March 6th 2008

Interview in MTL May 16th 2008 (Approved)

Received Visa May 21st 2008

Move from Canada September 1st 2008

POE @ Pearson Toronto - September 12th 2008

Wedding October 11th 2008

AOS Sent October 17th 2008 (REJECTED OCT 21st)

AOS RE-Sent October 27th 2008

NOA's Received November 6th 2008

RFE (No W2's/1099's) November 12th 2008

Biometrics Appointment November 24th 2008

Case sent to CSC December 3rd 2008

Bunch of Touches in January

Card Production Ordered February 27th 2008

Baby Adam born October 11th 2010 (2 year anniversary)

I-171 NOA Received December 17th 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Hi all,

I haven't really posted much here but wanted to give my review of my husband's AOS successful interview, which we had today:

We arrived, and there were only about 15 people in the waiting room. Our interviewing officer was super nice and pretty funny. She swore us in, verified Part 1 of the I-485, asked the questions about drugs/prostitution/etc, commented that it was good that the vaccines were already done, and then asked me (USC) to give any documents we wanted that we didn't already submit. We gave copies of health insurance, car insurance, 2008 income taxes, bank statements, and 5 months of pay stubs. She asked me if I'd met his family, how and where we met, my husband's father's & mother's first names, my husband's birthday, if we lived in a house or apartment, and if my husband had yet met my parents. Overall an awesome interview! She said she'd, "probably approve this and get it all done today," and then explained the 2 yr conditional card and let us keep his EAD card & AP docs "because you guys already paid for them" (but they were free with our AOS submission). And then she asked if we had any photos, and she looked at all the photos we had (about 30) and made fun/nice comments about them, and then made some copies of them. The whole thing lasted about 30 minutes with the extra talking & copying we did. :)

It was funny that I didn't realize until now, while talking with my husband, that the only real questions she asked him (the non-USC!) were the terrorist/prostitution/drugs questions, and the rest she asked me. Also, when she was asking the questions, she read off the form, would look up to finish the questions, and while our friend was translating the questions back to my husband (we brought her to translate since he isn't yet fluent in English), she would look back down at the form, look up when he would respond no, and then look back down at the form for the next question. She didn't seem to "study" us or our body language, or scrutinize us, or ask strange questions. She was just really nice, which we were grateful for, since the other officers we saw to interview other couples seemed a little strict.

Congratulations nm123!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

woot woot Ijust received my welcome letter for the green card

Let's party:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

That's great!! :thumbs:

What day did you interview?

the interview was overall good.We swore in first and then she went through some questions on the petions.She asked my husband for his birth certificate and my license.then asked me why i got a duplicate license.i told her we just moved so she updated my application.then she asked my husband his birthday to confirm and asked me to confirm my birthday and where i was born.she asked if we have kids.she asked if my husband has petioned for anybody before.she asked me if anybody petioned for me before and i told her i had a greencard when i was a baby through my mom and also later on i was on my moms petition as beneficery.she asked my husband if he has ever seen my baby picture.(i was like what the hell:P)he said yes.i thought she wanted to make sure that he prepared the folders with me since i had a copy of my green card that i had when i was a baby.so then she shows him a paper "have you seen this one before?"i looked at i was like "wow i didn't even see that one".so yea it was the application that was put in for me when i was like a month old and that was the pic.then she asked when my F1 visa expires i said it expired already,actually it expired while i was entering the us but i was given a visa waiver.so i handed that to her.(i know i was very very lucky)then she asked about the opt i told her that expired this january and i have the EAD based on the I-485.so then she asked my husband how did you make the decisioin to marry me.man my husband froze for a second(he doesnt really like talking other people how he feels;P)so at this mometn i had a big smile on my face.then he was like well i love her, she makes me feel very good,when the times are hard she is there for me..i was like "aww" and he was kinda getting red:)so then she was like thats good but what was that moment that spark made you ask her.so he started "well when we were living together at Gainesville we were deciding where to move.i wanted jacksonville,she wanted naples.so we ended up in naples:)after we move i realized even though i dont like naples,i'm very happy with her.so I realized it didn't matter where I am as long as I am with her and that's when I decided to ask her to marry me" I had this huge smile.then she turned to me and said "see I'm asking that for your benefit"I said it is nice to hear things like that :)))then she said "well I have one problem with your case"an dmy heart dropped (i saw a tab saying no info in my folder).she said my medical wasn't completed all the way by the doctor ,the doctor signed and dated but didn't put his name or the hospital's name.and he didn't include my xray copy.so she said that's the only thing holding your case to process,once we get that the card will be in the mail (at least this is what I heard:P)so she said ssincfe you live all the way in naples you don't need to ocme back you can just mail that document or if you prefer to come then your case will be processed that day.so i asked if there is gonna be second interview and she said no all we need is the medical to be signed and the report for the xray.so then she asked for the stuff we have our names on it and i started to hand all these copies and bills.she said i dont need all of them just the copies i can take.i said they are all copies for you:)then she asked about the photos i showed her the album i made since the day we started.then she asked to keep some of them i said you can take whichever you prefer but she said i rather you choose..then i was handign some of them explaining "this was our first kiss" she was like "u sure u wanna give me that pic?" "I was like no actually I don't :)"then my husban and I chose some pics while she was updating everything.then she was like well you have a very big folder (they had everything from my old cases also).she was gonna have us wait to give this notice saying i need to resubmit the medical and how but then she was nice ands aid well you waited enough i'll just give you this copy.then she sshook our hands and said she will still mail us a notice giving a time for us to bring the medical or to send the medical by that date.then she walked out with us and said drive safe:)now I am happy it wasn't my fault but I am pissed about this medical thing.I mean these doctors are the ones that do this kind of stuff all the time and he had to make a mistake on mine.and why I have never gotten a REF about this I have no idea.at least when they asked me to fo to infopass last week (by msitake!!!!) they should have told me or something.so now I am waiting for the notice and then I don't know if I will take it over there or just overnight the medical.

so I am so happy that this thing is over at least we are done with our interview.but still I can't jump up and down untill I get that approved notice or the card .

I'm sorry you have to go back to fix the medical stuff, but you'll see your Green Card will arrive soon after that! Congratulations! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

Timeline

Hi Idealistix, the way the spreadsheet is set up whoever is transferred to CSC is shown as approved without an interview. If anyone will be transferred back to local office for interview, I'll make a note on the spreadsheet :)

We got our welcome letter yesterday, and the card itself came today. Yaaaaayyy!!!

That was quick! Congrats!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations! (Doesn't that just want to make you spit though, that someone ELSE made a mistake?!!!)

N-400 Journey

June 9th 2012 - Application sent

June 14th 2012 - NOA sent

June 28th - Biometrics letter sent -- July 26th Appointment date

July 12th 2012 - Early Biometrics/Walk-in

August ( ) - Interview letter received -- September 14th Interview date

September 14th 2012 - Interview! Oath date in hand, September 20th @ noon!

Hey Guys

Got the actual card in the mail today. :dance: :dance:

Have a wonderful weekend guys!

Congratulations! (Doesn't that just want to make you spit though, that someone ELSE made a mistake?!!!)

10/01/08 Sent package to Chicago Lockbox

10/03/08 Package received at Chicago (Day 1)

10/10/08 Checks cashed per my bank (Day 7)

10/15/08 NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-765 (Day 12)

10/20/08 Biometrics appointment notice for Nov 4 (Day 17)

10/22/08 Notice for RFE showed on online (Day 19)

10/27/08 Notice for RFE hard copy received in the mail (Day 24)

11/04/08 Biometrics done (Day 32)

11/10/08 Sent RFE letter with missing initial evidence (I-693) back to USCIS ( Day 38)

11/12/08 Initial evidence (I-693) received by NBC (Day 40)

11/17/08 Response for evidence received, case processing resumed (Day 45)

12/10/08 EAD card production ordered (Day 68)

12/16/08 EAD card production ordered again--Send the damn card already!! (Day 74)

12/19/08 EAD Approval Notice Sent (Day 77)

12/20/08 EAD and interview letter received in the mail (Day 78)

2/24/09 Interview @ 8am ( Day 144) - AOS APPROVED..PASSPORT STAMPED!!

3/2/2009 Received Welcome and I-130 Approval Notices. WE WELCOME YOU TO PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE USA!!

3/7/2009 Received permanent resident card in the mail.

11/24/2010 Remove Conditions (Day 635)

Congrats nm123, Yass and jonandmary! :thumbs:

Hey Guys

Got the actual card in the mail today. :dance: :dance:

Have a wonderful weekend guys!

10/01/08 Sent package to Chicago Lockbox

10/03/08 Package received at Chicago (Day 1)

10/10/08 Checks cashed per my bank (Day 7)

10/15/08 NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-765 (Day 12)

10/20/08 Biometrics appointment notice for Nov 4 (Day 17)

10/22/08 Notice for RFE showed on online (Day 19)

10/27/08 Notice for RFE hard copy received in the mail (Day 24)

11/04/08 Biometrics done (Day 32)

11/10/08 Sent RFE letter with missing initial evidence (I-693) back to USCIS ( Day 38)

11/12/08 Initial evidence (I-693) received by NBC (Day 40)

11/17/08 Response for evidence received, case processing resumed (Day 45)

12/10/08 EAD card production ordered (Day 68)

12/16/08 EAD card production ordered again--Send the damn card already!! (Day 74)

12/19/08 EAD Approval Notice Sent (Day 77)

12/20/08 EAD and interview letter received in the mail (Day 78)

2/24/09 Interview @ 8am ( Day 144) - AOS APPROVED..PASSPORT STAMPED!!

3/2/2009 Received Welcome and I-130 Approval Notices. WE WELCOME YOU TO PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE USA!!

3/7/2009 Received permanent resident card in the mail.

11/24/2010 Remove Conditions (Day 635)

I can't wait till Monday to have the medical get fixed.of course then I think I have to wait for that notice to arrive so I can see what else I need to send them.what I wanna know is how come they never sent me REF?they requested me to go there to infopass a week ago and never said anything.I'm waiting to get that card in the mail then I think I'm gonna be relieved.I'm still sittin on the edge, although it is way better than before;))))

We finally got our interview letter in the mail! The interview is set for April 16th!!!!

05/05/2007 met jay online

05/25/2007 spoke to jay for the first time and every single day after that

11/20/2007 jay flew in to IAD!

12/26/2007 told jay we were having a baby!

02/02/2008 jay asked me to marry him.

02/15/2008 jay had to fly back home.

08/04/2008 jay came back!

08/14/2008 had our baby, gage lee stringer!

10/11/2008 married!

10/22/2008 mailed out AOS package

10/23/2008 received and signed by V Bustamante

10/31/2008 checks cashed!

11/03/2008 received NOA's for I-485 and I-130

11/08/2008 received biometrics appointment date 11/21/2008

11/17/2008 received RFE

11/21/2008 biometrics appointment completed!

01/29/2009 returned RFE to USCIS

03/07/2009 received interview letter for 04/16/2009

04/17/2009 interview at 1:30 APPROVED!!!!

Timeline
We finally got our interview letter in the mail! The interview is set for April 16th!!!!

Congratulations!! :thumbs:

congrats on the appt. letter wench!!!

anyone who has already received their gc get another approval notice from CRIS? got one for my husband yesterday?

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Got a transfer to CSC letter the other day (didnt have time to get on)......the Notice date on the letter says Feb. 27th. I havent had time to read down all of the posts but is being transferred to CSC a good thing or just a normal procedure/step in the process?

That's a good thing! It usually means you wont have an interview! :thumbs:

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.