Vietnam

Vietnam VisaJourney Members

396 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Wow. All I can say is Wow. Please keep us informed of this.

I really think you need to write every reporter out there about this stupid situation and try to get it out there.

I hear what you're saying, Matt. However, I am not convinced it is the best way to go about getting action taken. I am forced to believe the HCMC consulate will get it done whenever they do and nothing we can do, with the exception of Congressional intervention will help to speed it along. Here is an interesting immigration diary I found of a guy who did probably everything you are suggesting and more:

http://www.jeffreyleehollis.com/idiary1.html

It's ridiculous how much effort this guy invested and in the end he said it probably had nothing to do with his case finally getting approval.

You might be right but first I will try with the Congressman again and in the mean time be making plans to be together too. As far as I can tell, our case isn't being held up because other people $omehow get put ahead of us and it is just a matter of our circumstances and some mistakes we have made. Believe me I have tried to find wrongdoing in every way and come to the conclusion that as hellish as this process is and as simple as it would seem, we aren't actually being abnormally victimized, it just feels that way sometimes.

Edited by sweetiewynn

“I never was and never shall be what is commonly termed a popular man,” Adams concluded. “I have no powers of fascination; none of the honey…” John Quincy Adams

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
It's ridiculous how much effort this guy invested and in the end he said it probably had nothing to do with his case finally getting approval.

I agree it's ridiculous, but it's ridiculous because 99.99% of what he did he had no reason to do. His case went flawless from beginning to end and he wasted his time and others'. Look at his timeline:

4-29 App mailed

5-05 NOA1

7-09 NOA2

12-18 Interview- approved!

But within 2 weeks of mailing his application he's sending letters to mayors, congressmen, senators, and talk show hosts.

He has the nerve to post this as if it was all necassary and none of it was.

"I am still overwhelmed by the magnitude of this whole saga (and the horrible use of my tax dollars that the INS and the American embassy in Manila represent)"

The only person responsible for wasting his tax dollars was him.

"As to #3: I present the following diary of my experiences trying to get my wife’s immigration to America approved. This will prove beyond the shadow of any doubt that it is neither quick nor easy to bring a Filipina to America."

No, it proves within a shadow of a doubt that he has a compulsive overreactive personality.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Nathan,

Will Miss Anh be able to get a visa to "visit" Canada?

Just curious?

GOOD LUCK

She could likely get a visitor's visa but that also requires that we have (I am paraphrasing, despite the quotation marks) "enough money to stay for 6 months and also to return home", which, when I checked is equal to about $10,000 sitting in stocks or a bank or something.

The way I am thinking right now to do it is to come in as skilled workers. The most amazing part is that she can come in as my commonlaw wife and no need to be technically married - This is according to what I have learned so far but I could definitely be wrong and I am still not convinced it can be so easy.. As my commonlaw wife, we are looked at together and it actually seems to make it even easier for us. In some cases, families are only required to submit one form for the entire family! They will let me add my commonlaw wife's education and experience to my own and adds even extra "points" for us in giving preference. The skilled worker visa is an immigration visa but from what I can tell it is often used for temporary visitors and is another term they use with it. As a skilled worker, the asset requirement is waived so long as you have an employment offer waiting. I hate to leave my business behind mostly and get a j.o.b. but it's a matter of priorities I guess.

I still have a lot to figure out and there may be problems which make it impossible so I am trying to be conservative in my excitement. I am still not 100% sure about all this and if others know answers please post, but my god it seems so easy that I have this fear I am missing something. Since we'll still have the process going in HCMC consulate, I'll be consulting about this and need to make sure that is still ok and if it affects either visa. When I know more I will definitely keep you posted, in case others find this an idea to help them through the long wait times.

Edited by sweetiewynn

“I never was and never shall be what is commonly termed a popular man,” Adams concluded. “I have no powers of fascination; none of the honey…” John Quincy Adams

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Here is an interesting immigration diary I found of a guy who did probably everything you are suggesting and more:

http://www.jeffreyleehollis.com/idiary1.html

The worst thing about this is what ying-yangs like this do to cases like yours. This guys sends all of this unnecassary mail to these senators and they take the time to E-Mail him back. He's asking if they can do anything to speed up the process when the process wasn't even slowed. It's guys like this that make congress take true stalled visa cases less seriously.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just returned yesterday from Vietnam. Lan and I returned to America together last night! The POE experience at San Francisco was very easy! Here is a short description of what happened:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11679

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I just returned yesterday from Vietnam. Lan and I returned to America together last night! The POE experience at San Francisco was very easy! Here is a short description of what happened:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11679

We are so happy for you both!!! :dance:

Good Luck on your future!!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Somehow I left my fiance's mother name off the G-325A form! Yet my fiance already received and sent back Packet 3. :unsure:

OK, I have no idea how this happened. Strange that no one has caught it yet (since it was done all the way back in the I-129 stage). But since I am dealing with Vietnam, I know that this will become an issue.

I somehow left the space for my fiancee's mother blank. Her DOB, place of birth and residence is there, but the name is blank. Somehow I messed up in typing this out.

Last month my fiancee received Packet 3. She filled out the form(s) and sent it back in.

But if this error is there in the G-325A form, the case could be delayed because Vietnam is notorious for delaying things for months with missing information. They really like to stick it to us.

WHAT DO I DO!?!? I have called twice and each time could not talk to someone who could or would help. I emailed them, but they are weeks behind in answering.

I'll be leaving for Vietnam on Thursday, so my fiancee and I could easily go to the consulate and hand over the corrected form, but will they allow that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Matt - There's not much else I can say other than that you have two options, ignore it and if they dont bring it up to you and approve her visa, then it's cool... I'm thinking if you bring it to their attention they may be trigger happy to delay... Or you can try to update the information and hope it doesnt delay... Either way I hope everything works out for the best (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Matt,

Do what icespots said...

When you are in Saigon, coming with your fiance, bring her birthcertificate (BC) and ask to speak to the consular about YOUR petition (bring your NOA1 receipt) etc. Only USC can request to meet with a consular for any business prior to your beneficiary's interview (correct me if i'm wrong) At this meeting, you can present your case and tell them you would like to admend the mistake. Hopefully they will let you get by and update your file. Remember, up to this point, the issue is on your end (petitioner) so you can request to give them an UPDATED file.

Worse case: they will make you re-file your I-129F.

Better scenario: request to send in an updated G325A

Knowing HCMC Consulate, delaying will be unavoidable if you are NOT proactive in your preparation. Come clean, come all, tell them upfront that you make mistake. Keep in mind, it is UP to you to show them (US consulate) how sincere you are and truthful you are to them. They will find out if you missing anything or anything is out of order. They have these "vietnamese staffs" who will comb your file with a fineteeth comb to pick up disorderness or any fault/mistake. Basically, come clean and tell them you need to update your G-352A. done!

If you "wait and see", they could look at your case as if you try to pull a quick one on them... "Why didn't you put her mother's name on her G-325A?"; "How could you forget something that important?"; "Ok, go home, we will investigate more into your case to make sure you are not a fraud" etc.... I am not trying to scare you... but: don't mess around with these guys :D

I wrote to much... but: come in the consulate, bring BC and updated G-325A.

Good luck Matt, don't worry about it... things will sort themselves out...

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Matt,

As far as I know, the only fees for this process after packet 4, is the $100 Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee payable at Citibank on Nguyen Hue Street, and the fee for the medical examination at Cho Ray Hospital or the International Orgranization for Migration office in Q.1.

STL_HCMC

How much is the actual interview? I need to send my fiance money.

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.