Vietnam

Vietnam VisaJourney Members

396 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello Guy,

I expect to know a question that relates with the k1 Visa Fee.

Our document is being at Us Embassy - HCM city. We haven't received the package 3 from them. However, we did the ds160 online, send back it to Embassy with the others as copy of Passport and Visa Photo (step 1 in The Instruction)

I am confusing that Can we move on step 2 to do or we have to waiting for the package 3?

Hope to see some answers of you soon!!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiancee Duong filled out the Biographic Information with the date of birth from her passport which is incorrect. Her date of birth was entered incorrectly into all national databases in Vietnam due to clerical errors from the Vinh Long local authorities. Our 129F petition has been approved and is in transit to the National Visa Center. We plan to correct her date of birth on her passport and get a new passport with the correct date of birth as well as get a corrected Vietnamese national identification card before we go to the Consulate interview in Ho Chi Minh City. Is it possible to get a replacement Vietnamese passport if the current one is not lost as well as a new Vietnamese national identification card? My fiancee Duong's correct birthday is May 19, 1990 but her date of birth on her passport is September 15, 1990. Any assistance is getting this question is appreciated.

K1 Fiancee Visa Timeline

September 16, 2016- Submitted I-129F Petition

September 19, 2016- USPS delivered I-129F Petition to Lewisville, TX

September 21, 2016-Notice of Action Date from Paper notice

September 22, 2016-USCIS cashed our I129F petition fee payment and received text and email message confirming that our petition has been forwarded to the California Service Center for processing

September 26, 2016- Received NOA1 in the mail stating that our petition has been received by California Service Center and is in process
October 14, 2016- Checked USCIS application online and our case was approved. NOA2 will be mailed.

October 20,2016- Received NOA2 paper copy in the mail from the California Service Center indicating that our petition was approved and will be sent to the National Visa Center.

November 9, 2016- Called NVC and they confirmed that our approved I-129F petition has been received

November 14,2016- Called NVC and they confirmed that our approved I-129f petition was given a case number

November 15,2016- Checked the State Department Consular Electronic Application Center and our case is in transit to the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City

November 17, 2016- Checked he State Department Consular Electronic Application Center and our case has been received by the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City. It shows Ready with the following message: "case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section"

November 23, 2016- Received by email Packet 3 from the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City

November 25, 2016- Completed Packet 3 and send it to the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City

December 1, 2016- Medical Examination Completed

December 1, 2016- Visa interview scheduled for Tuesday January 24, 2017

December 2, 2016- US Consulate changed my fiancee Duong's interview to Friday January 13, 2017

January 13, 2017- US Consulate gives my fiancee Duong a blue sheet requesting for more evidence.

January 20, 2017- My fiancee Duong and I returned to the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City and submitted requested evidence and received approval notification after waiting for 3.5 hours. :)

January 25, 2017- US Consulates issues my fiancee Duong's visa and sends it to her via EMS- local courier service in Vietnam. Due to Tet holiday my fiancee Duong will most locally received her passport and visa late next week.

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 2/5/2006 at 12:30 PM, scy said:

It's all speculation on everybody's part as to how much evidence is enough. Each case is different. If you submitted 50 pages at the I-129F level, then that's going overboard. At the interview, that should be ok. But again, I'm just speculating.

You did it correctly. Always write the middle names American style. The consulate is used vietnamese with four names so it might not be a big problem if you get it wrong. Make sure the name on the forms match the names on the passport and birth certificate.

If they ask you to write last name first, it would be "LE, QUYEN TU THI"

Thats confusing too. I will keep this in mind

Timeline
On 1/31/2006 at 10:56 AM, Bruce and Han said:

WOW, I am glad we are back online. :D What else is new everybody?

Im just beginning my processs. I hope for the best outcome

On 2/5/2006 at 12:30 PM, scy said:

It's all speculation on everybody's part as to how much evidence is enough. Each case is different. If you submitted 50 pages at the I-129F level, then that's going overboard. At the interview, that should be ok. But again, I'm just speculating.

You did it correctly. Always write the middle names American style. The consulate is used vietnamese with four names so it might not be a big problem if you get it wrong. Make sure the name on the forms match the names on the passport and birth certificate.

If they ask you to write last name first, it would be "LE, QUYEN TU THI"

Thats confusing too. I will keep this in mind

Timeline
On 3/30/2006 at 4:08 PM, Landy said:

Hi folks :)

I'm Lan, Andy'sfiance. I am so sorry to make you wait for so long for my post! :)

Here is the detail of my interview

First, my interview appointment was 10am. So I thought it's ok to get to the U.S. Consulate around 8:30 to 9:00am since they wouldn't process my case by 10am anyway. Actually, this is not the true statement.

It seems to me that they process the case in turn no matter what your appointment is. (Because I got to the office quite late, my interview had to postpone until 1:30pm)

When I came to the front door of the U.S. Consulate (around 8:30am), I showed them my interview appoinment. The security guys let me in. I had to hand the cell phone to them (cell phone is not allowed) and had my handbag, and the bad carried the interview documents through the scan machine.

Anyway, after these security checks, I turned right when entering to the office to go to the Immigration Visa Unit.

When I was there, I gave my interview appointment to the girl sitting at window A and she gave me the number A042. (If you came to the office early, you may have to get line to get the number)

After getting the number, I proceced to the interview waiting area to wait for my number called. This area is in front of the interview windows 5 to 15. There are totally 10 windows served the interview.

I was waiting quite long. While waiting there, I noticed that the IR visa cases and K3 cases were called to be served ealier than the K1 cases :(

Here is what happened during my waiting time:

I was observing the C.O. when they did the interview, some of them are really nice and gave a lot of pink slips. But some of them are not nice at all.

As my estimation :) Out of 10 cases, they gave 1 or 2 pink slips only. And most of the approved cases are IR.

As I noticed (and I asked the people went to the interview too), there are only about 3 K1 cases got the pink slips at that day.

I talked to one of the girl that had blue slip for her interview, she said they told her that her fiance didn't put enough money on the saving account. And they told her the minimum amount should be more than 20,000$.

I listened to the interview of the other girl in Vietnamese with the help from translator. She was introduced to her fiance via her aunt and grandmother in US via mails. I saw the C.O. was quite mad when interviewing her since she didn't answer the question correctly/properly. She asked her when .... but she answered for where question. I don't know that the translator translated the question wrongly or the girl answered not properly :(. At the end of her interview, she got the blue slip to submit more documents about their relationships. Because of that, the girl was getting angry and argued with the C.O. but the C.O. said the interview was finished and she needed to give more proofs then she could have the other interview.

Anyway, I told to myself that C.O. is not very nice either. I hope I didn't have to see her for the interview. (Poor me :P I did have to see her for my interview)

Around 11:15am, my number was called to window 9. I went to the window and the Vietnamese girl there asked me to give my documents.

I gave her:

- 4 VISA pictures but she asked me to give her 2 more to attach to the DS156 form (in duplicate)

- MRV visa application receipt,

- DS156, DS156K, DS230,

- the househood registeration and copy,

- ID card and copy,

- my birth certification, its translation and copy,

- Andy's birth certification and copy, my passport and copy,

- the polices certification and copy,

- the medical exam result sealed envelope. She opened it out to get the MEDEX form inside and gave my back the lung film

- The I134 form and support documents. Andy gave me the whole file 2 inches :) But she un-assembled every thing and got the I134 form, the W2 and tax return transript of 2004, the employment verification letter from Andy's company and returned me the rest of them.

Then she asked me couple questions to fill out a form (all in Vietnamese):

1. When did I and my fiance first meet

2. How could we meet?

3. How many years different in our ages

4. Have I ever been in US, how many times and in which visa (B1)

5. My company name

6. How many times has Andy been in Vietnam

7. Did we have the engagement? When and Where? and how many guests (I told her we had 20 guests, all in my family)

Then she asked me to sign the single status statement paper in front of her and to fill out Andy name on the bottom line of the DS156K

Then she asked me to go back to the waiting area in front of window 8 to wait for my number called again to have the interview with the C.O. And she asked me to arrange the evidences to time order and divide it to 2 parts: before and after the engagement.

I went to the window 8 area and the C.O. mentioned above was the one was going to interview me :(

I waited there until 12pm and they called my name and some other people to tell that our interview was postponed until 1:30pm. They gave us back the interview appoinments with the number on it.

I went out to have lunch and to call Andy to let him know what was going on.

I went back to to the consulate at 1:20pm and went through the same security check process.

Then I walked to the waiting area in front of window 8 and handed my interview appointment.

Then at 1:30pm they called my number again to have the interview.

I said "good afternoon" to the C.O. and she asked me to put my index fingers (left and right) to get the fingerprint. When I was talking to the C.O. during the first process, the translater told us that we might not need her any longer and she walked out.

Then the C.O. asked me to write my name and sign to the DS156K form. After that she began to interview me. Here are the questions:

1. Q: How could you two meet

A: We met through a friend of us when I was on the business trip to SC

2. Q: Where did you two first meet?

A: In Santa Clara, CA

3. Q: How can my friend know my fiance?

A: Since Andy used to work in the same company with us. Then he moved to the other company

4. Q: Why did you go to US?

A: For training since I worked for the outsourcing company

5. Then she asked for the name of my company

6. Q: How many times have you fiance been in VN

A: 3 times

7. Q: Tell me the month of each of his visit

A: Nov 2004, Aug 2005, Dec 2005

8. Q: When did he propose to you

A: On his second trip to VN, August 12, 2005

9. Q: Where did he propose to you

A: In Phu Quoc

10: Q: Did you say yes at that time or later

A: I said "yes" at that time :)

11: Q: And when was the engagement party? On the same trip?

A: Yes

12: Q: Did his parents come to VN for the engagement party?

A: No they didn't

13: Q: Did you even meet his parents?

A: Yes. When I was in US, I visited them very often

14: Q: Where did his parents live?

A: In the same city with him, just 5 minute drive from his house

15: Q: Now can you show me the evidence of your relationship?

A: I have 20 month evidences with me. Which one do you want me to show first?

Then she asked me to show her the very first month

I showed her emails and chat logs of the first month we knew each other. She took a look and said nothing

16: Q: How could you two communicate with each other

A: We talked with each other every day through emails, chat, phone

17: Q: Can you show me some phone bills?

A: Here is the phone bill of December 2005. It's on the back of the folder

I showed her the evidences of Dec 2005, emails and chat logs and the phone records on the back

She took a look through the whole file and said nothing still :)

18: Q: Can you show me the pictures of your engagement?

A: (I showed her the engagement pictures, 8 of them with the descriptions on the back of each picture.)

Then she asked me if that was my Mom on the picture.

19: Q: Did your Mom worry when you move to US to live

A: Yes she did worry. But she didn't worry so much since even in Vietnam I had to stay away from her any way.

Then she was smiling :) and told me that she approved my K1 visa and I can go to the US consulate again tomorrow at 4pm to pick up my visa

And she gave me the pink slip!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

She also returned my original ID card, househood registeration, birth cerification and Andy's birth certification.

I walked out of the U.S. Consulate, got my cellphone back and called Andy, his Mom and my Mom to tell them I got the VISA!!!! :) So happy!!!!!

OK!!! That was what happened on my interview :)

If you have any question, feel free to post or send email to us, ok?

Thanks so much for your guys' helps during our process :) If we didn't have you, we couldn't know the process that well and have the well-prepared for the interview like that.

Thank you again!!!! And wish you good luck!!!!

Lan and Andy

Hi what saving account are you reffering too that the girl with the blue slip recieved. 20,000$ minimum for what saving? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~12 yr old thread locked to further discussion. Please start a new thread if you have questions as many of the members from this thread are no longer active and some of the information may no longer apply.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.