Vietnam

Vietnam VisaJourney Members

396 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Ah, OK. How did you know mine was sent? Freaky that that info is available to all. :)

-Probably because the timeline on your signature says "03/20/06 -Case is at HCMC Consulate"

Edited by Vietnam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Ah, OK. How did you know mine was sent? Freaky that that info is available to all. :)

Hey Matt,

DHL doesn't list your names. If you know the date that the NVC mailed it, then you go to the DHL website and track by reference, not by name. It will give you a list of packages that were sent from NVC to all the embassies and conculates, showing the date shipped and date delivered, but no names. So you just assume that it is yours. I tracked mine, because I knew they shipped it on MArch 30th, so I tracked all packages leaving NVC on the 30th, and one was listed going to HCMC, so I knew this was ours, and it says delivered on April 3.

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Timeline
Uh, that was added after he told me it was there. The 3/16 entry was also added based upon his information.

Aha- so you are adjusting your timeline solely based on mike1972e's word that the consulate should have it, although you haven't confirmed this. You ARE mister positive!

Filed: Timeline

I am trying VERY hard to be positive, despite the mountain of negatives involved in our case. When I think of it I get sick to my stomach. Being seperated from my Anh has been hell. God, just get my ### to Vietnam next month! It cannot get here soon enough.

I will be a happy man for two weeks. :)

Timeline
I am trying VERY hard to be positive, despite the mountain of negatives involved in our case. When I think of it I get sick to my stomach. Being seperated from my Anh has been hell. God, just get my ### to Vietnam next month! It cannot get here soon enough.

I will be a happy man for two weeks. :)

This is true. Don't forget you could always turn around and go for the CR-1 or K3. The marriage based visas tend to do a little better in Vietnam.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This was posted as a reply to another topic, but I thought I would include it on this post as well. This seems to be the Vietnam hub for all of us.

----------------------------------------------

This is not aimed at any member. Just my two cents.

(1) We don't know ALL the specifics of cases that have been put on hold for further review. We only know what we are told by the members posts on the board and stories we hear outside. There is always TWO SIDES to every story.

(2) For those of us that haven't interviewed yet, we've merely just experienced the US Consulate in HCMC from outside contact (i.e. email, phone or the information booth). We can't pass judgement on consular officers and staff inside that we haven't encountered yet. I hope people don't completely judge me by what they hear from others. There is a lot more story to a book than its cover.

(3) I believe immigration should still be looked at as a privilege instead of a foreign nationals right.

(4) I think it would help us ALL to frame our thought process and pre-conceived/pre-interview thinking to that of the US Consulate in HCMC as a government institution trying to do its job as best it can (given the circumstances of high fraud), and NOT as our enemy. Such negative thinking before the interview, and before any "put on hold review" has even happened to any of our cases, only results in an anger driven and quite defensive attitude going into the interview. This doesn't help the USC's frame of thinking and communication/interaction with the US Consulate, and it sure can be a negative factor being subconsciously leaked into the frame of mind of the beneficiary/fiance(e). We should all know how important confidence and comfortability will be to the fiance(e) interviewing. There is no use raising the stress level before anything negative has happened.

What I'm not trying to do is defend the US Consulate in HCMC, but nobody/institution is perfect. Is it possible my case will not pass the first time? SURE! It is possible for all of us. Is it possible we could all pass on the first try? SURE! Will we accept that fact? We have to.

It is still best to prepare diligently and make sure all your ducks are in order, but lets not lead ourselves - and the others that might read our posts in the future - into such dark ideas that we don't know of yet.

Everyone keep your chin up, think positive, be here to answer questions to help others prepare the best and realize that we cannot control everything.

I'll step down now!

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline
I just wish I could find out if my case is actually at HCMC. I emailed them (again) yesterday using a different email address. Hope hope.

Tell her to call the consulate, it will be easier. It seems answering emails is a difficult job for them so it takes forever too.

“I never was and never shall be what is commonly termed a popular man,” Adams concluded. “I have no powers of fascination; none of the honey…” John Quincy Adams

Timeline

Uh, that was added after he told me it was there. The 3/16 entry was also added based upon his information.

Aha- so you are adjusting your timeline solely based on mike1972e's word that the consulate should have it, although you haven't confirmed this. You ARE mister positive!

Well, it appears mike1972e was correct afterall, eh? STL_HCMC should be seeing pack 3 soon also then..and menyoo not too far after. I'm so happy. I missed my pack 3s. :D

Timeline

We'll see about a packet 3 soon!

I called the consulate on Thursday (4/13) and got the same general response I've always gotten: "we've received the electronic file for your case. However, it can take up to 8 weeks to physically process a case."

I'm not going to worry about it. I emailed them to update the mailing address. I was concerned the "countryside" address in Can Tho would prove an obstacle for receiving packet 3. The consular gal on the info line told me they didn't care what mailing address they have on file, as long as the mail can get to the beneficiary. So I put my office address in HCMC! Fiancee lives in HCMC, but is registered in Can Tho in the ho khau.

STL_HCMC

Well, it appears mike1972e was correct afterall, eh? STL_HCMC should be seeing pack 3 soon also then..and menyoo not too far after. I'm so happy. I missed my pack 3s. :D

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

Timeline

Packet 3 is on its way!

I called today (4/19) because I got no reply to my email after 7 days.

They said they mailed packet 3 on 4/18 to the Can Tho address on file. I asked if they received the address update I emailed about, and she said they were just now replying to emails sent April 5th. She was nice and updated the address and said they would send out another packet 3 to the HCMC address (my office). I didn't ask for the additional packet 3, but I guess she realized the delay in the email, and the addy update should have happened sooner.

We'll see how efficient the mail in Vietnam is. Will the packet mailed on the 18th to Can Tho arrive before/after the second packet sent to the HCMC address? :D

I will say this, I've received very good service every time I've called the info line!

STL_HCMC

We'll see about a packet 3 soon!

I called the consulate on Thursday (4/13) and got the same general response I've always gotten: "we've received the electronic file for your case. However, it can take up to 8 weeks to physically process a case."

I'm not going to worry about it. I emailed them to update the mailing address. I was concerned the "countryside" address in Can Tho would prove an obstacle for receiving packet 3. The consular gal on the info line told me they didn't care what mailing address they have on file, as long as the mail can get to the beneficiary. So I put my office address in HCMC! Fiancee lives in HCMC, but is registered in Can Tho in the ho khau.

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline

There is a very good chance Nha and I might be moving over to the Canadian message board soon here. Those of you who know us know we haven't been the fastest movers through Ho Chi Minh City and the U.S. immigration process and you might also know that we are experiencing "further processing" which in HCMC can take years as in the case of wait4ever and who knows how many others. Meanwhile us and other couples try to live their lives as normally as they can from a distance. Starting the process over and trying for the CR1 or other spousal visa doesn't offer overwhelming hope for at least a year and who knows how long and if that would be any better at all?

Years ago I looked into immigrating to Canada. I have traveled through B.C. and the Yukon several times and I dare say it might be my favorite piece of land on this earth. Vancouver is definitely the most enjoyable city I have ever experienced and the area around it is unparalleled beauty. The Canadian government likely has problems but in general I think the general Canadian way is unmatched. like the idea that for my tax dollar I am receiving health insurance rather than creating an insurance industry like we do in America and I like the emphasis Canada places on education... well.. To be honest I like Canadians even if I AM a dumb and ignorant American sometimes. I feel I have always been treated well, fairly, and with respect from Canadian citizens and government alike and of course people are people but the general feeling I have in Canada is a very good feeling. I don't want to generalize too much but my attitude towards Canada and my gut feeling told me I belong there many years ago and I looked into it. At the time there was no way I was going to be accepted into Canada. I didn't have fifty grand sitting in a bank and I didn't have anything to offer Canada on paper.

Today I looked into it and I am absolutely stunned! Seriously I was not expecting anything like I have been reading on the Canadian immigration pages and I am ever pleasantly surprised. I am pretty certain that Nha and I can both fly right into Canada with open arms based on the friendly assessment test offered by the Canadian government here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html

Nha and I, WHO CAN COME IN AS A COMMONLAW MARRIED COUPLE! together score an 87, well above the estimated acceptance score of 67, and the test did not even allow me to enter my full range of qualifications for a "Skilled Worker" under Canadian law. Their test only allows you to enter one skilled labor job experience, but the law says you can use multiple, so according to the law we are even more overqualified to be accepted into Canada. Their website is WOW! It is user frinedly and I think they put it online to actually help people rather than dissuade people. It's a breath of fresh air and reading and understanding the text is just unexpectedly fabulously sanctimoniously - I can't say enough good about it right now and it feels so right.

The catch is that we need, or actually only one of us needs, a job offer in Canada. I don't think this will be a problem for us. I may have already lined up jobs for us both at a ski resort which I have been to a couple of times but never skied at yet and for those of you who don't know I am a skier and have experience doing professional ski action photography. It is a passion I have. The job I have applied for pays well, uses lots of my skills and isn't routine work. It's advertising, which is somethign I love and have experience combined with photography and skiing.. and pays enough to make it worth going to work too. For Nha, we tried for an entry level position and made mention that she is quite skilled as well but has little experience. For her, the skiing is not a real draw. I am holding my breath that she will be happy there if we do this. Sure, she says she wants to try snowboarding or skiing, which is good if you're going to be living in a ski town, but for her the snowsports will more likely be a way to forget how cold and snowy it is. If we both don't get jobs, we're not going there because without a job that will keep her interacting and growing etc., it just wouldn't be good. Not being a ski fanatic like me could be serious but the town I have in mind is not only a small ski town but is an international mecca and I think Nha will get more enjoyment out of the experience than from the skiing or snowboarding. For me, I've got the great skiing and access to everything I need and for Nha she's got a wide variety of introductions to people from all over the world in a place where people carry many different ideas. I am thinking it might be a good introduction to North America and with Canadian citizenship being granted within only 3 years, Nha would be able to come and meet my family here in the States and be able to travel here with me without a problem, which really satisfies all our needs. Maybe we won't stay in Canada forever and maybe move around there too but right now it might be our best option and it looks so easy I feel like it's too good ot be true still. The reality of the feeling of true freedom to roam about our earth freely and as we choose, wow, Au Canada!

“I never was and never shall be what is commonly termed a popular man,” Adams concluded. “I have no powers of fascination; none of the honey…” John Quincy Adams

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.