Vietnam

Vietnam VisaJourney Members

396 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Pho' Ga, no Bo, and no Fish Sauce dammit.

I drank way too much, After I was done, Van would give me hers. sooo goood

Wait a minute. You drank plain fish sauce? We're talking about the same fish sauce that comes with every single vietnamese dish, right? Drank it straight? Like water? :o

Edited by Vietnam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

not fish sauce, Iced Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)

K1/K2 Time Line:

2-22-06 I-129F sent to Nebraska Service Center

3-03-06 NOA1 Received In Mail

5-27-06 NOA2 Received In Mail

6-08-06 NVC Received

6-12-06 NVC Sent File To HCMC

8-01-06 Van Received Packet 3

8-02-06 Van turned Back Packet 3 at Consulate.

9-29-06 Van Received Packet 4 in the Mail.

10-23-06 Interview - Passed

12-01-06 POE - San Fransisco, 10 Min Thur Immigration for Van and Thu

AOS Time Line:

2-06-07 K-1-K2 AOS Mailed I-131,I-765 And I-485

2-20-07 NOA K-1-K2 AOS I-131,I-765 And I-485

2-26-07 Received Biometrics appointment notice's

3-06-07 Biometrics appointment's scheduled and completed

3-30-07 Received AOS Letters For Interviews

5-22-07 AOS Interviews-Passed

6-01-07 Van Receives 2 Year Green Card K1

7-07-07 Thu Receives 2 Year Green Card K2

Removing Conditions Time line:

3-30-09 I-751 Sent to Calif Service Center

4-07-09 Check Cleared

4-10-09 NOA in Mail-Reciept Date 4-01-09

4-17-09 Biometrics appointment Notice For Van And Thu

5-01-09 Biometrics completed

6-09-09 Approved - Green Cards in Production.

7-17-09 Received 10 year Green Cards For Van & thu

N400 US Citizenship

12-13-10 Sent package

12-20-10 NOA - Reciept

12-22-10 Check Cleared

12-29-10 Biometrics appointment Notice

1-21-11 Biometrics appointment

4-20-11 Interview - PASSED

5-19-11 Oath

6-20-11 Recived U.S. Passport

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ain't nothin' wrong with drinking fishsause straight up!!!! :D:D:D

Just make sure don't get them on your clothes... that stuff is stinky!!!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I went and toured the fish sauce refinery (I call it a refinery for a reason) on Phu Quoc island last year...and I can't believe I still eat that stuff after I saw how it was refined. By the way, Yen is pregnant.

GARY va YEN

us-flag1-ss.gif..... vn_sud-flag1-ss.gif

***USA*** AND VIETNAM

Link to our webpage: Click HERE

A short timeline:

October 2003, Introduced to YEN by her cousin whom I work with. We like each other etc etc etc..and so on

February 3, 2004, I go to Vietnam to meet her. Things go well so on

February 9, 2004, we get engaged and have the big ceremony and then on

February 14, 2004, I get back on the plane and come home. By about the middle of May I have everything ready to send in to USCIS for the I-29 and on

May 18, 2004 the Nebraska service center recieves the petition. And on

August 28, 2004 I recieve approval notice from NSC. On

October 18, 2004, Yen recieves Packet 3, fills it out, turns it in and on

December 13, 2004 Yen recieves Packet 4, she takes care of it, does the medical etc etc and the interview is scheduled for

January 4, 2005. Yen arrives for her interview and FAILS! So I call and find out what went wrong and they require additional evidence including a 5 minute video of me speaking vietnamese, a tax document that was already in the file, and some letters from me about how and when we met, when and where the engagement was, things we have in common and how our relationship progressed. So on

February 25, 2005 I go back to Vietnam to visit my em oi and on

March 2, 2005 she and I go to the consulate to give them the Video etc. They tell us to expect to wait another 2-6 months. I decide on

March 10, 2005 to give the consulate copies of my airplane tickets, visa and ticket stubs for Yen and I's trip to Phu Quoc. Unexpectedly on

March 23, I get an email from the consulate telling me that our case is APPROVED! So on or about

April 25, 2005 Yen arrives in Kansas City, MO, USA!

Now going through the rest of the process here.

LIFE IS GOOD!

Timeline

I went and toured the fish sauce refinery (I call it a refinery for a reason) on Phu Quoc island last year...and I can't believe I still eat that stuff after I saw how it was refined. By the way, Yen is pregnant.

Congratulations!

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

BTW???? What the ####... :D that should be a first order of the day... MY WIFE IS PREGNANT!!! :lol:

Great news Zerovoltz, we wish you two the best... BABY TIME, baby! :)

About the fishsause... i think i just skip that tour if I ever go to Phu Quoc Island. I love that stuff too much to stay away or let anything ruin the experience of enjoying and loving it for so long :D Ok, you got me really curious now... what did you see there at PQ Island? It's "Show&Tell" time :)

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline
BTW???? What the ####... :D that should be a first order of the day... MY WIFE IS PREGNANT!!! :lol:

Great news Zerovoltz, we wish you two the best... BABY TIME, baby! :)

About the fishsause... i think i just skip that tour if I ever go to Phu Quoc Island. I love that stuff too much to stay away or let anything ruin the experience of enjoying and loving it for so long :D Ok, you got me really curious now... what did you see there at PQ Island? It's "Show&Tell" time :)

Well...they put a bunch of dead fish in a bunch of big barrels, throw in a bunch of salt with it, let it rot for a while and then press all the dead fish so that all the liquid oozes out of them....this liquid is the "fish sauce" that you and I enjoy. :) yum yum :)

GARY va YEN

us-flag1-ss.gif..... vn_sud-flag1-ss.gif

***USA*** AND VIETNAM

Link to our webpage: Click HERE

A short timeline:

October 2003, Introduced to YEN by her cousin whom I work with. We like each other etc etc etc..and so on

February 3, 2004, I go to Vietnam to meet her. Things go well so on

February 9, 2004, we get engaged and have the big ceremony and then on

February 14, 2004, I get back on the plane and come home. By about the middle of May I have everything ready to send in to USCIS for the I-29 and on

May 18, 2004 the Nebraska service center recieves the petition. And on

August 28, 2004 I recieve approval notice from NSC. On

October 18, 2004, Yen recieves Packet 3, fills it out, turns it in and on

December 13, 2004 Yen recieves Packet 4, she takes care of it, does the medical etc etc and the interview is scheduled for

January 4, 2005. Yen arrives for her interview and FAILS! So I call and find out what went wrong and they require additional evidence including a 5 minute video of me speaking vietnamese, a tax document that was already in the file, and some letters from me about how and when we met, when and where the engagement was, things we have in common and how our relationship progressed. So on

February 25, 2005 I go back to Vietnam to visit my em oi and on

March 2, 2005 she and I go to the consulate to give them the Video etc. They tell us to expect to wait another 2-6 months. I decide on

March 10, 2005 to give the consulate copies of my airplane tickets, visa and ticket stubs for Yen and I's trip to Phu Quoc. Unexpectedly on

March 23, I get an email from the consulate telling me that our case is APPROVED! So on or about

April 25, 2005 Yen arrives in Kansas City, MO, USA!

Now going through the rest of the process here.

LIFE IS GOOD!

Timeline

Weren't you already? :D:D:lol::lol: How's marriage life treating you??? (pretty sure you will get a lot of those questions from now on from friends and relatives ) HAHAHAHA

Edited by chuckandkim

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Matt,

Aren't you moving to North Carolina too?

Just Curious....

Good Luck, once you get that 1st year out of the way and she finally settles in, it's much easier. Again, I found the visa process eaiser than my wife's initial adjustment to the U.S..

Once my wife got her drivers license after 5 months, it was much easier also......

Good Luck

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline
Matt,

Just Curious....

Good Luck, once you get that 1st year out of the way and she finally settles in, it's much easier. Again, I found the visa process eaiser than my wife's initial adjustment to the U.S..

Once my wife got her drivers license after 5 months, it was much easier also......

Good Luck

Please enlighten me :unsure: What adjustments to the U.S. did you experience with your Vo? I feel lucky this time to get a visa. My wife will be a housewife (her choice) ok by me, she's 43 and I'm 50 our kids are grown. I can't sleep with one eye open :no:

Timeline

Matt,

Just Curious....

Good Luck

Please enlighten me :unsure: What adjustments to the U.S. did you experience with your Vo? I feel lucky this time to get a visa. My wife will be a housewife (her choice) ok by me, she's 43 and I'm 50 our kids are grown. I can't sleep with one eye open :no:

You got your visa?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline

Matt,

Just Curious....

Good Luck

You got your visa?

No, no visa yet. I feel lucky this time to get a visa. I am still waiting for the visa unit to say to us... We have your file from NVC and we will schudule a interview ??? I thought my posted timeline would set to "mood" still waiting, but feel lucky "this time" in addition to the reaffirmed letter from Nebraska I hire an attorney in VN who is very active at the consulate in HCM. He lives and pratice immigration law in Vietnam. sorry :innocent: didn't mean to mislead hope. When I posted the inquire I had a brief, very brief moment that something would change. The waiting for me, at this stage is like trying to fry bacon in the Antartica but I left the gas can at home...ya know what I mean.

Filed: Timeline

Check my ongoing thread, guys and gals. Yes, I got sick, but then Anh get VERY sick. She has viral Meningitis and likely caught it from me (I caught it from my mom, who caught it from a child of a friend, we think). I and mom never had symptons. But Anh has had her body attacked furiously by the virus. :(

All of this on top of the very difficult adjustment. It's been harder than she anticipated and she is really upset that she cannot work for the next 3 to 4 months. She really is afraid she will go out of her mind with boredom.

Right now all I care about is her fever going away for good and her getting healthy.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.