becool

proof of on going relationship

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Me and my fiance have been in a this relationship for more than 5 years and we have been talking on the phone alot(from usa to india). But I have always been using the one time use phone cards and dont have any records of calls directly from my phone to her phone. Can this be a problem in showing our on going relationship.

Please share ur advice

Thank You in advance

Me and my fiance have been in a this relationship for more than 5 years and we have been talking on the phone alot(from usa to india). But I have always been using the one time use phone cards and dont have any records of calls directly from my phone to her phone. Can this be a problem in showing our on going relationship.

Please share ur advice

Thank You in advance

I'm not too sure if it'll be a problem or not because my fiance and I were both able to gather our phone records to submit for our K1. However, I do have some suggestions for you on how you might be able to gather them... you can try to contact the company of the calling cards that you have used to contact your fiance to see if they would keep any of that information on file or (if you called from your home) you could try contacting your phone service provider to see if they would be able to provide this information to you as well. You could also try having your fiance contact her phone service provider to see if they keep any records of incoming calls from you on her end...or try making a few calls to one another directly without using a phone card. Hope my suggestions were helpful to you. Best of luck!

K1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1: 2008-03-12

I-129F NOA2: 2008-07-15 date on notice

NVC Left: 2008-07-23 date on letter

Packet 3 Received: 2008-10-14 date on letter

Packet 3 Sent: 2009-03-25

Medical: 2008-11-05

Interview Date: 2009-07-08

Visa Approval: 2009-07-08

Visa In Hand: 2009-07-09

Married on: 2009-07-17

AOS Process

Medical: 2009-09-09/Results:2009-09-11

AOS package sent: 2009-10-08

Arrived at lockbox: 2009-10-09

RFE: 2009-10-19/AOS package re-sent: 2009-11

I-485 NOA: 2009-11-25

I-130 NOA: 2009-11-25

I-765 NOA: 2009-11-25

I-131 NOA: 2009-11-25

RFE: 2009-12-21/AOS Requested info sent: 2010-01-12

Biometrics Apt: 2010-01-25

AP Approved!: 2010-02-18

EAD Approved!: 2010-02-24

Case transferred to CSC: 2010-02-24

Touch #1: 2010-03-04

Touch #2: 2010-07-10

Touch #3: 2010-07-14

AOS Card Production Ordered: 2010-07-21

Green Card In Hand: 2010-08-02

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

If you have nothing else, then yes it's going to be a problem. You don't have a timeline so I don't really know at what point in the process you're at. But I would recommend you stop using phone cards and start using your phone directly so that you can get phone records. Also, write letters to each other. Those as well as photos, chat logs, emails and any proof of either one of you traveling to visit the other will help to prove the ongoing relationship.

If you have nothing else, then yes it's going to be a problem. You don't have a timeline so I don't really know at what point in the process you're at. But I would recommend you stop using phone cards and start using your phone directly so that you can get phone records. Also, write letters to each other. Those as well as photos, chat logs, emails and any proof of either one of you traveling to visit the other will help to prove the ongoing relationship.

seems like we're both on the same page!

K1 Process

AOS Process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I will be filing for the k1 visa in december of this year so i havent done anything yet. We do have some gifts that were exchanged email logs and travel proofs since 2003. Also have pictures. I have started to make phone call directly from today as well but my question now is since i will be showing calls made from september of this year and applying in december this year, will that be too "short" of call logs? I can show proof of phone cards purchased for the past 1 year but i cant show exact details of those phone cards i use to use. Please share your thoughts

Thank You

I will be filing for the k1 visa in december of this year so i havent done anything yet. We do have some gifts that were exchanged email logs and travel proofs since 2003. Also have pictures. I have started to make phone call directly from today as well but my question now is since i will be showing calls made from september of this year and applying in december this year, will that be too "short" of call logs? I can show proof of phone cards purchased for the past 1 year but i cant show exact details of those phone cards i use to use. Please share your thoughts

Thank You

When you mail in your petition in December, you'll need to include evidence of having met at least once in the past two years. Your best evidence of this is passport stamps, boarding passes etc. You could include a picture or two of you two together.

Evidence of proof of relationship is much later in the process when your fiance goes to the Embassy for the interview. At that time, in addition to financial information, you should then bring evidence of a bona fide relationship that which could include pictures, emails, chat logs, letters, receipt of gifts, telephone logs, greeting cards, engagement ring recipts...a whole host of things. Telephone logs are often used. They are only one of many different types of evidence used. If you want to use them, knowing you'll need a sampling for your fiance's interview some time down the road, look into getting a good telephone plan, or a phone card that allows you to print a listing of where the calls originated, and where you're calling to. There is nothing to say you can't use a phone card, but make sure it's a card where you can print off the call logs.

carlahmsb4.gif

Please share ur advice

Thank You in advance

The phone card I use has a Web site that allows you to access your date, time, duration, etc. I just printed that off along with the face page of my account with the phone card company. I'm still in process, so can't say for sure if it satisfies USCIS.

Thank You

My fiance and I will be together 4 years this november, and we provided 6 months worth of call logs(as per request of our lawyers). I provided 3 months worth, and he provided 3 months worth as well. We also provided the recipt for my engagement ring,airlinetickets/stubs, e-mails&letters or cards, and photos. Now we are waiting to hear from the NVC and Consulate about the interview date and next package required. Im not too sure if sept-dec of this year will be too short for the call logs you want to provide. I would imagine as long as you have proof of your relationship, have seen each other at least once within the past two years that you shouldnt have a problem. But you should look into the information symbiosis has provided for you since they have also used phone cards as well. Im a believer in the more information you have, the better. Best of luck!

K1 Process

AOS Process

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Often couples change their communication methods to facilitate providing evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Often couples change their communication methods to facilitate providing evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship.

Quite true. If you want a visa, you have to do things a bit different than you would in a "normal" relationship. Normally, if you have to talk long distance, you use the cheapest, most reliable method available without worrying how you can prove it to someone. Today, people use email, chat, webcams, etc to communicate. Not many write letters and send them through the mail. Now you must make sure that you save your e-communication so you can prove it. Again, not sometihing a couple would "normally" do.

Same thing with the pictures. Not evey couple takes pictures frequently, some rarely do. But if you want a visa, take them. I guess the powers that be need to have hard evidence in hand and it's up to us to jump thru the hoops.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Quite true. If you want a visa, you have to do things a bit different than you would in a "normal" relationship. Normally, if you have to talk long distance, you use the cheapest, most reliable method available without worrying how you can prove it to someone. Today, people use email, chat, webcams, etc to communicate. Not many write letters and send them through the mail. Now you must make sure that you save your e-communication so you can prove it. Again, not sometihing a couple would "normally" do.

Same thing with the pictures. Not evey couple takes pictures frequently, some rarely do. But if you want a visa, take them. I guess the powers that be need to have hard evidence in hand and it's up to us to jump thru the hoops.

Yes and for some people (nobody in particular but if the shoe fits....) accustomed to having others jump through hoops to please them, the transition comes as a rude awakening indeed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I wish that I had enough money to change the way we speak, I use a number that I obtained from the internet I call that and then I dial the number in the states. It gets billed back to my home phone but the connection number shows not the number in the states which proves nothing. I hope that if I show the authorities this together with the 20 or so e-mails per day and so far my 5 trips to the states and my fiances visit here and a holiday together in Cancun last month that this will be sufficient.

That is all I have to give them and I hope it is enough, I am saving for the wedding and for moving to the States so I really cant afford to add the extra expense of calls that can be logged. I hope that they can appreciate this, in this day and age.

It is enough to drive you mad, being honest just does not seem to be enough

Timeline
I wish that I had enough money to change the way we speak, I use a number that I obtained from the internet I call that and then I dial the number in the states. It gets billed back to my home phone but the connection number shows not the number in the states which proves nothing. I hope that if I show the authorities this together with the 20 or so e-mails per day and so far my 5 trips to the states and my fiances visit here and a holiday together in Cancun last month that this will be sufficient.

That is all I have to give them and I hope it is enough, I am saving for the wedding and for moving to the States so I really cant afford to add the extra expense of calls that can be logged. I hope that they can appreciate this, in this day and age.

Surely there are inexpensive options for calling from the US to the UK that provide call records. I pay two cents a minute to call China and can print a complete record of the calls using Dynasky.com

I'd ask in the UK regional forum to see what others are doing.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

London is not HCMC....

My phone provider is 1.6 cents per minute to UK

uniontelecard.com has calling cards at 1.0 cents with real time call records

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

thanks fwaguy and Pushbrk

I will speak to my fiance about it, he texts me to wake me up when he gets in from work and I call him back so I have always done the calling but I will look into other methods that provide phone records that will be acceptable to the authorities and I will speak to him to see if he can start doing the calling

I pay £0.02 a minute which I thought was good. It just seemed fair that we split the costs as he has to pay to receive calls, which we dont over here in the uk

thaks for the advise

Shaz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.