desh_desh

about notice of action

10 posts in this topic

hi vjs member just wanna ask coz my husband will going to send the 129f this week i just wanna knpw if he needs to send the original notice of action or just the photo copy thanks guys answer will help a lot,,,

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hi vjs member just wanna ask coz my husband will going to send the 129f this week i just wanna knpw if he needs to send the original notice of action or just the photo copy thanks guys answer will help a lot,,,

Send a copy.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Send a copy.

thanks for ur quick reply...god bless

send copies! keep originals!

Edited by envy_me

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Send a copy.

Are you sure the copy is to be sent and not the originals? I remember my hubby sending me originals, which i carried with me for the interview. There might be a different procedure for different countries. May be i am wrong.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My husband is going to send the I-129F package next week. He wants to know if the Copy of I-130 Transfer Notice (Procedure #3 in Assembling the I-129F Package Checklist) and a Copy of the

NOA 1 from the I-130 (Procedure #10 in Assembling the I-129F Package Checklist) are the same? Please see procedure below (red font)*

Or does he need to wait for the I-130 Transfer Notice?

FYI, he just received I-797C Notice of Action from the I-130. It is indicated in the form that it is a RECEIPT NOTICE and not a TRANSFER NOTICE.

We'll appreciate very much your reply to this inquiry.

Once you receive the NOA1 for the I-130:

Assembling the I-129F Package: Checklist

Forms and Documents (follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.)

1. Payment as required by USCIS (I-129F petitions for K-3 status filed on/after July 30th 2007 have no fee since the I-130 cost was increased). Use a check so you can track the payment.

2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (K-3 Visa), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

3. Copy of I-130 Transfer Notice (indicating where your underlying I-130 petition was routed to after it was filed at the appropriate Chicago Lockbox).

4. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e). This form may be used to obtain a K-3/K-4 visa for your alien spouse and her or his child. Fill out the form as directed, except assume that "fiancé" or "fiancé(e)" means "spouse." answer Questions B.17 and B.18 by stating "N/A." Note that filing this form is only necessary to facilitate the entry of your spouse and her or his child as a nonimmigrant.

5. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated

6. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <US Citizens Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated

8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign Spouse. Write the full name of the foreign Spouse on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Foreign Spouses Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

10. Copy of the NOA1 from the I-13011. A copy of your marriage certificate (If not in English then again get a translation)

12. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone,

My husband is going to send the I-129F package next week. He wants to know if the Copy of I-130 Transfer Notice (Procedure #3 in Assembling the I-129F Package Checklist) and a Copy of the

NOA 1 from the I-130 (Procedure #10 in Assembling the I-129F Package Checklist) are the same? Please see procedure below (red font)*

Or does he need to wait for the I-130 Transfer Notice?

FYI, he just received I-797C Notice of Action from the I-130. It is indicated in the form that it is a RECEIPT NOTICE and not a TRANSFER NOTICE.

We'll appreciate very much your reply to this inquiry.

Once you receive the NOA1 for the I-130:

Assembling the I-129F Package: Checklist

Forms and Documents (follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.)

1. Payment as required by USCIS (I-129F petitions for K-3 status filed on/after July 30th 2007 have no fee since the I-130 cost was increased). Use a check so you can track the payment.

2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (K-3 Visa), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

3. Copy of I-130 Transfer Notice (indicating where your underlying I-130 petition was routed to after it was filed at the appropriate Chicago Lockbox).

4. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e). This form may be used to obtain a K-3/K-4 visa for your alien spouse and her or his child. Fill out the form as directed, except assume that "fiancé" or "fiancé(e)" means "spouse." answer Questions B.17 and B.18 by stating "N/A." Note that filing this form is only necessary to facilitate the entry of your spouse and her or his child as a nonimmigrant.

5. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated

6. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <US Citizens Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated

8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign Spouse. Write the full name of the foreign Spouse on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Foreign Spouses Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

10. Copy of the NOA1 from the I-13011. A copy of your marriage certificate (If not in English then again get a translation)

12. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Hi, was this ever replied to? Are items #3 and item#10 the same thing that we need to send with I-129f?

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in the same situation as the petitioners above. We received the I-797C but there was no Chicago Lockbox transfer notice. I want to file a I-129F petition for my wife but we don't have that transfer notice.

K-3:

Marriage : 2008-03-22

I-130 Sent : 2008-11-15

Appointment @ consulate: 2009-04-09 - Approved!

Picked up K3 visa & passport: 2009-04-14

POE @ Blaine, WA: 2009-04-24

EAD app sent to USCIS California: 2009-04-28

EAD app rec'd @ USCIC CA: 2009-04-30

EAD NOA: 2009-05-11

Biometrics Appt: 2009-07-27

EAD Approved/Card Production: 2009-7-31

EAD Received: 2009-09-06

AOS packet & change of address sent: 2009-12-23

Biometrics Interview: 2010-02-23

Interview Date: 2010-03-16 APPROVED

GC received March 29, 2010

Removal of Conditions

Application sent: January 04, 2012

Rec'd Notice of Bio appt: January 24, 2012

Biometrics appt: February 24, 2012

Rec'd approval notice: dated July 7, 2012

Rec'd 10yr green card: July 17, 2012 (dated july 10, 2012) - rec'd IR-6 status

Vancouver Consulate Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190588

POE Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=193529

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I'm in the same situation as the petitioners above. We received the I-797C but there was no Chicago Lockbox transfer notice. I want to file a I-129F petition for my wife but we don't have that transfer notice.

I have the same question... I have only received the I-797C, NOA. Did you wait for the transfer notice? I'll keep digging in the forum..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.