Ta Ta

Sub-Saharan cyber cafe # 2

1,708 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I go au natural....no cost to me :no: and my husband loves it...even though he does like to mess my hair up <_<

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So, what are sisterlocs? I guess I should go google this.

I cut all my hair off after I left my first husband. I permed my hair and grew it long because it made him happy. :( I hated it because it was sooooo much work. Bassi loved my little fro. I wore that for two years then decided I was ready to get my locs. Bassi didn't want me to get the locs cause he loved my little fro. When he voiced his opinion I just about jumped down his throat. He looked like a deer in headlights. Then I felt so bad I had to apologize and tell him that I was making decisions about my appearance based on my desires from this point forward. I think he knows that I'll always have some baggage from my last relationship. I just have to be careful about dropping it on him like a ton of bricks. I've had my locs for a year and a half now and I love 'em and so does Bassi. But my locs cost $60 to start and then $45 every two weeks thereafter.

Z

I was wondering the same thing. I went to Yahoo images, and did not see a clear photo showing exactly what it was. Perhaps I should try Google.

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I cut all my hair off after I left my first husband. I permed my hair and grew it long because it made him happy. :( I hated it because it was sooooo much work. Bassi loved my little fro. I wore that for two years then decided I was ready to get my locs. Bassi didn't want me to get the locs cause he loved my little fro. When he voiced his opinion I just about jumped down his throat. He looked like a deer in headlights. Then I felt so bad I had to apologize and tell him that I was making decisions about my appearance based on my desires from this point forward. I think he knows that I'll always have some baggage from my last relationship. I just have to be careful about dropping it on him like a ton of bricks. I've had my locs for a year and a half now and I love 'em and so does Bassi. But my locs cost $60 to start and then $45 every two weeks thereafter.

Z

I was wondering the same thing. I went to Yahoo images, and did not see a clear photo showing exactly what it was. Perhaps I should try Google.

I tried google and still don't quite understand. They look like locs. But I read that it's different than "traditional" locs, which is probably what I have. I'm not sure I understand the differences though. Other than the obvious, which is price.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Shoot, $495 sounds good. I've heard of those things costing $600+. :wow:

Yeah ....I was very shocked, also expensive to maintain $120.00 for re-tightening every four to six weeks or so I believe. Thinking about just putting it in braids for a while.

People ACTUALLY spend that much on their hair????????????????????? HOLY #######!!!!!!!!!

B) Yes boo, we do!! :thumbs:

:D hey subbies, get up and go play in the snow!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

(F)

Snow what is snow ?? oh yes it is that white stuff they throw out of machines so that people with nothing better to do can go sking before then come home to soak in the spa.

Morning All. Hello to all who are on vacation like me and can be online. Hello to those who can type without having some one creep up behind them to see what on the computer screen. Hello hello

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Z

I tried google and still don't quite understand. They look like locs. But I read that it's different than "traditional" locs, which is probably what I have. I'm not sure I understand the differences though. Other than the obvious, which is price.

Sister locks Ad:

http://sisterlocks.com/Photo_Gallery/Photo_Gallery_new.html

Edited by chispas

Hi chispas :luv:

I think I fall into that second category :D

Hola Zee,

How's life in Philly? My daughter came home last Friday just ahead of the flight delays mayhem. I am glad to see her, but she didn't bring me any cheese steaks so I want to send her back to get them for me. How dare she!

Ditto

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Z

Sister locks Ad:

Thanks chispas. I'm really just trying to understand the difference between "sister" locs and "traditional" locs. Maybe my hairdresser can tell me. I'll try to remember to ask her.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hi chispas :luv:

Hola Zee,

How's life in Philly? My daughter came home last Friday just ahead of the flight delays mayhem. I am glad to see her, but she didn't bring me any cheese steaks so I want to send her back to get them for me. How dare she!

What?!?!? No cheesesteaks?!?!?!

You need to send her back to get some :bonk:

There is nothing like a Philly cheesesteak :dance::dance:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Timeline

hey subberzzz (aka cold weather pansies :P )

Boaz, Forchika, Sylvia, and LL, if I made all y'all laugh, then my job is done for the day :star:

Smoochiesss (F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
PRAISE GOD MY PIPES ARE BEGINNING TO THAW OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The water is starting to run, not a whole lot of pressure but it is running!!!! It was very weird because it started in the middle of the night when it was well below freezing AND I had turned off the heater that was under the house. Must have been God!

Preventing Frozen Pipes

There are a few things you can do to prevent the problem of freezing pipes from occurring again.

* Leave the faucet drip slightly as a trickle. The dripping water will keep the water in the pipe from freezing.

* Open kitchen base cabinet and let room air circulate.

* Open kitchen base cabinet and place a small portable heater near or in it to heat the pipes

* Wrap the problem pipe with electrical heat tape.

* Insulate the problem pipes with foam insulation wrap, especially those that run through unheated spaces.

* Temper the currently unheated crawlspace by placing a heater in the crawlspace. You just need to elevate the crawlspace temperature to modestly above freezing, about 40°F.

link

you also might look into Electric Pipe Heat Tape - probably at home depot, lowe's, or ace hardware. basically it's a flexible tape with a heating element you wrap around the pipe and plug it into a wall socket.

roof.gif

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good evening!!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

PRAISE GOD MY PIPES ARE BEGINNING TO THAW OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The water is starting to run, not a whole lot of pressure but it is running!!!! It was very weird because it started in the middle of the night when it was well below freezing AND I had turned off the heater that was under the house. Must have been God!

Preventing Frozen Pipes

There are a few things you can do to prevent the problem of freezing pipes from occurring again.

* Leave the faucet drip slightly as a trickle. The dripping water will keep the water in the pipe from freezing. DID IT

* Open kitchen base cabinet and let room air circulate. DID IT

* Open kitchen base cabinet and place a small portable heater near or in it to heat the pipes

* Wrap the problem pipe with electrical heat tape.

* Insulate the problem pipes with foam insulation wrap, especially those that run through unheated spaces.DID IT

* Temper the currently unheated crawlspace by placing a heater in the crawlspace. You just need to elevate the crawlspace temperature to modestly above freezing, about 40°F. TRYING TO KEEP 900SQ ABOVE 40 IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE WITH FOUNDATIONS THAT HAVE AIR BREAKS :(link

you also might look into Electric Pipe Heat Tape - probably at home depot, lowe's, or ace hardware. basically it's a flexible tape with a heating element you wrap around the pipe and plug it into a wall socket. I'LL CHECK INTO THIS

roof.gif

link

THANKS

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Z

Sister locks Ad:

Thanks!

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.