akdiver

The Palin War is getting ugly

41 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
New GOP ad quotes Factcheck.org to criticize Obama, but Factcheck says the ad is deliberately misleading:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/mc...ur_finding.html

Summary

A McCain-Palin ad has FactCheck.org calling Obama's attacks on Palin "absolutely false" and "misleading." That's what we said, but it wasn't about Obama.

Our article criticized anonymous e-mail falsehoods and bogus claims about Palin posted around the Internet. We have no evidence that any of the claims we found to be false came from the Obama campaign.

The McCain-Palin ad also twists a quote from a Wall Street Journal columnist. He said the Obama camp had sent a team to Alaska to "dig into her record and background." The ad quotes the WSJ as saying the team was sent to "dig dirt."

Update, Sept. 10: Furthermore, the Obama campaign insists that no researchers have been sent to Alaska and that the Journal owes them a correction.

Analysis

We don't object to people reprinting our articles. In fact, our copyright policy encourages it. But we've also asked that "the editorial integrity of the article be preserved" and told those who use our items that "you should not edit the original in such a way as to alter the message."

Wooops!

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
and Clinton was governor of Arkansas & he did pretty damn well. :lol:

Yes, it did. Which is why I said being governor doesn't necessarily qualify you for the Presidency.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Let's get one thing straight. The one and only qualification for being president is being elected. If the people elect you, you are qualified and hired. Now when you steal elections like Bush did...

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Let's get one thing straight. The one and only qualification for being president is being elected. If the people elect you, you are qualified and hired. Now when you steal elections like Bush did...

:rolleyes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

The whole "community organizer" thing is disingenuous.

If she wants to make a comparison to Obama's community organizer days, the proper one is to her sports broadcasting career, or maybe her beauty pagent days.

Grant it, the decision to fire the librarian in Wasilla for refusing to contenance government censorship was an important one.

Obama has little to no qualifications to be president and the fact his once glorious campaign is sputtering in the face of a no name Alaskan governor says a lot about him. He had no message so it was so easy to sidetrack him with Palin. The stuff about librarians is great because the more enraged the Democrats get the more and more Obama looks like another petty run of the mill politician. The hope is gone and the change message is getting lost. Biden is already gone from the race unless his big mouth gets him trouble again so now it's Palin vs. Obama and McCain is getting a good laugh on the sidelines.

So, in other words, disregard for the first amendment is ok as long as it enrages dems and/or helps the gop win an election.

I guess that's what republicans call a true patriot

Timeline
The whole "community organizer" thing is disingenuous.

If she wants to make a comparison to Obama's community organizer days, the proper one is to her sports broadcasting career, or maybe her beauty pagent days.

Grant it, the decision to fire the librarian in Wasilla for refusing to contenance government censorship was an important one.

Obama has little to no qualifications to be president and the fact his once glorious campaign is sputtering in the face of a no name Alaskan governor says a lot about him. He had no message so it was so easy to sidetrack him with Palin. The stuff about librarians is great because the more enraged the Democrats get the more and more Obama looks like another petty run of the mill politician. The hope is gone and the change message is getting lost. Biden is already gone from the race unless his big mouth gets him trouble again so now it's Palin vs. Obama and McCain is getting a good laugh on the sidelines.

So, in other words, disregard for the first amendment is ok as long as it enrages dems and/or helps the gop win an election.

Kind of like religion, no matter how wrong you are, you just aggressively wave the flag and pretend you're right no matter what.

Makes not being introspective or self-criticizing very easy. Hence, a true 9/11 patriot.

Lets try and have some perspective here. First of all she never asked that any books be taken off the shelves. Second she didn't fire anyone, the librarian served for 3 more years after this. Third she asked the questions before she even took office. It seems that asking questions is forbidden. This is making a mountain out of a very small mole hill.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mission-accomplished-banner.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Lets try and have some perspective here. First of all she never asked that any books be taken off the shelves. Second she didn't fire anyone, the librarian served for 3 more years after this. Third she asked the questions before she even took office. It seems that asking questions is forbidden. This is making a mountain out of a very small mole hill.

Barack Hussein Obama

Pastor

Some other people speaking who Obama must take responsibility for

Don't need to go any further. Smearing happens from both sides, and you have been a part of it.

Those who are sensible have been taking this with a grain of salt just like every other so-called "issue" that comes up to see the gravity of how it would affect people. The firing thing is only pertinent in situations like the John Bolton hearings where, while it seemed politicized, it was relatively bi-partisan in that it was questioning someone who fired people because they didn't follow his orders. The reason to get upset at that is because the more politics is involved in even the generally unpolitically-motivated areas of government, the worse the politics will get.

Case in point -- McCain's declaration of Supreme Court nominees as a political pander.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let's get three thing straights- You have no clue about the U.S. Constitution, U.S. politics or U.S. history which shows some sweeping ignorance for such a short post. Off the top the my head there are a couple qualifications: must be born a U.S. citizen and be over 35 years-old(?). Pres. Ford was never elected but served as president my simple-minded friend. The stolen election stuff is ####### or the Democrats would have laid out a case widepread voting fraud or called for electoral reforms. Never happened in either case.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

You wouldn't be on the ticket in the first place if you didn't qualify for the above criteria. My point was that the person that is elected has a mandate from the American people. It's debatable that Bush has that mandate.

The UK Wiki

The heat is on :dance:

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
You wouldn't be on the ticket in the first place if you didn't qualify for the above criteria. My point was that the person that is elected has a mandate from the American people. It's debatable that Bush has that mandate.
Actually, the person who is elected has a mandate from the electors, which is a very, very, very small fraction of the people.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Or maybe this little gem. A dem congressman comparing Obama to Jesus and Palin to Pilate.

The Obama supporters should be so proud!!!

I know Jesus and BHO is no Jesus.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Dem: Not Having Abortion Is Palin's 'Primary Qualification'

ABC News' Teddy Davis, Bret Hovell, and Arnab Datta report: A Democratic Party leader said Wednesday that Sarah Palin's "primary qualification" for the vice presidency is that she has not had an abortion, prompting Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., to charge that Democrats are trying to "demean" the governor of Alaska and "wipe out" all of her accomplishments because she "disagrees with the NARAL crowd on one issue."

She does seem to like sprouting out babies.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE