lLeigh

Sept 2008 K1 VSC filers

922 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how long the fiancee has to enter the US once the visa is finally approved? I remember reading something on this site but can't seem to find it. I think I read a recommendation of about 6mo, but not completely sure.

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your NOA2!!! What a fantastic news!!! Let's hope it we all get it this fast :).

You are right, your fiancée has 6 months to "activate" (so to speak) the visa, meaning he needs to enter the US within the 6 months of its issuance date.

And once again, congrats. :thumbs:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I've read its 6 months from when u have your visa in hand, but not sure.

Alexandra - It's going fine, thanks. We are resending our petition, we are now just waiting for the bank to send my fiance his checks so he can write one to USCIS, and we are ready to send it :) Should be here by next week.

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
WOW, I'm shocked! I just received notice that my visa was approved! The NOA2 is in the mail...I can't believe it. I hope this means that the office is going to move super fast for everyone too. Good luck everyone!

:dance:

Ohh Good..That Super Fast Approval.. :thumbs:

Congrulation n Good Luck :dance::dance::dance: woo hoo...Did U expedite? or what....

Edited by Crazy & Mad

Received 10 yeart Green Card in Mail:10/18/11

N-400 Citizenship Journey

N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX: 03/23/2012

N-400-Delivered: at 3:00 pm on 03/26/2012 in Lewisville, TX. The item was signed for by J CATES

Received Text Message & email: Application received and NOA1 sent on 03/28/2012

Check Cashed: 03/29/2012

NOA1 Received/P.date: 03/26/2012

NOA1 received: 03/31/2012 received in mail

Bio Appt Sent: 04/26/2012 reveived email stating biomertic appt has been scheduled

Biometrics appointment notice received: 04/28/12

Biometric appointment: Schedule on 05/18/12 at Memphis-TN(done early on 05/03/2012)

Schedule for Interview:03/25/2012 Received Email, interview letter will received in 14 days

Interview Letter Received: 06/02/2012 received in mail

Interview: Schedule on 07/02/12 at 7:40am Memphis-TN

PASSES.. Naturalization Interview on 3 year base 07/02/2012 at 8:25am

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: On August 28th Received Email form USCIS, my oath ceremony scheduled.

Waiting for Oath Ceremony letter.

Called USCIS about oath ceremony letter :09/10/2012 (where is my oath letter)

called again USCIS about oath ceremony letter :09/13/2012 (got locaton an time on phone thanks God)

Finally received oath ceremony letter:09/19/2012(was sent on 09/17/2012)

Oathe Ceremony was on: 09/21/2012 at 8:00am (little Rock, Arkansas)

Finally I am U.S. Citizen

:o

Thats incredible, congratulations to you both!!!! Wow, I wonder how that happened?!! I think you must have just been incredibly lucky, they are still processing most NOA2's from 3-4 months back, you lucky thing!!!

Keep us updated with your progress, not long for you now until you're reunited!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We didn't expedite, just found favor somehow! Thank all for your well wishes, I hope the best for all of you as well.

Leigh

8-28-08 sent 129F via USPS

9-2-08 VSC receives documents

9-3-09 NOA1 issued

9-5-08 check cashed

9-8-08 NOA1 received!

9-19-08 NOA2 approved, email received.

9-24-08 NOA2 received

9-26-08 NVC received

9-30-08 NVC sent

10-01-08 arrived at consulate!!

10-16-08 Packet 3 Received

12-3-08 Interview date

12-4-08 Visa Issued!!

3-7-09 Married

3-22-09 Applied for AOS

4-22-09 Biometrics

5-13-09 email with approved AOS!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
WOW, I'm shocked! I just received notice that my visa was approved! The NOA2 is in the mail...I can't believe it. I hope this means that the office is going to move super fast for everyone too. Good luck everyone!

WoW! Thats amazing!

Congratulations on receiving your NOA2 so quickly. :thumbs:

:ot:

The NOA2 approval process in my opinion is completely chaotic.

I would love to take a tour to see how this process is really done! I would even pay for the tour!

If I lived in California, I would probably even apply for a job there, just to get an inside understanding!

You would think with the advancement of technology that there could be a simple, effective, and stream lined way to process these visa applications.

The company I work for manages the largest DB2 multi platform database in the world and if it took us this long to process our business partners requests, then we would be out of business.

The cross platfom infrastructures they have in place to communicate with the other government agencies must be out of date and poorly managed.

:ot2:

Once again Congratulations and I wish you continued success on your Visa Journey.

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

wooooooooooooooooooow Congratulations (F)

thats really was so fast maybe the fastest approve ever

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

OMG - THAT WAS FAASSSST!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I really hope this means that they are starting to speed up...or unless, you're just one of the lucky ones :lol: excellent news, nevertheless!!

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Timeline

A brand new week is about to start so im hoping that our lawyers receive the package that was sent back this week....Septembers almost finished so fingers crossed :( - otherwise ill end up joining the October thread.. :unsure:

Timeline
A brand new week is about to start so im hoping that our lawyers receive the package that was sent back this week....Septembers almost finished so fingers crossed :( - otherwise ill end up joining the October thread.. :unsure:

I hope that your lawyer will receive package soon

my best wishes for you (F)

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to SEPT filers! Your now in waiting room... I am July filer. Have faith ok!

AOS

06-15-09..... Sent AOS Package

06-25-09..... Recieved NOA AOS EAD AP

06-29-09..... Recieved Biometrics appointment for July 21

07-10-09..... Case transfered to California

08-05-09..... AOS Card production ordered

08-06-09..... AP approval sent

08-06-09..... EAD Card production ordered

08-11-09..... Got my GREENCARD

08-13-09..... Got my EAD card and AP

Timeline

Thanks HG!!!

Timeline

Thanks HG!!!

Well if i can ask why you guys hired a lawyers ? me and my fiancee were going to hire a lawyer but we found out that its so easy process and we can do it our selves .

anyway i hope that your lawyer will get your package soon and i wish you a nice and smooth journey (F)

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Thanks HG!!!

Well if i can ask why you guys hired a lawyers ? me and my fiancee were going to hire a lawyer but we found out that its so easy process and we can do it our selves .

anyway i hope that your lawyer will get your package soon and i wish you a nice and smooth journey (F)

We didnt know much about the whole process...a friend of ours went through the same lawyer and got approved after 112 days from filing the petition! So we decided to try our luck and pretty much jumped onto it straight away...after reading all the great reviews about them :rolleyes: then when things started to become so difficult I THEN found VJ..we asked for a refund but the contract stated that they couldnt refund however, we could use the money we paid as a credit towards a K3 visa or whatever....so now we're just waiting on them and will be following them up tomorrow :bonk:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.