Karri

September 08 K1 fillers

828 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
what are you newly approved filers doing :) ?

Getting ready for the Embassy paperwork! lol. I don't want to waste one min, I haven't seen my man in a year.

Just curious for those late Sept people who just got approved, how did you send in your petition, did you overnight it or send it via regular mail to the post office box? Also, were you comfortable with how you organized your petition before you sent it in? I was just wondering if these two factors had anything to do with us getting approved early rather than later. I overnighted mine and was extremely organized with our petition. I had acco fastners, tabs and the whole nine yards. Of course, it could be considered random in that case I'll consider myself lucky! :dance:

K-1 Visa

9-22-2008 - mailed I-129F

9-29-2008 - Received NOA1 in mail

1-09-2009 - Received NOA2 e-mail notification

2-09-2009 - Packet 3 Received

2-28-2009 - Packet 4 Received

3-02-2009 - Medical

3-23-2009 - Interview, 221g

3-31-2009 - Returned 221g additional evidence request

4-08-2009 - Received visa!!!

4-19-2009 - POE

5-09-2009 - Wedding

AOS

7-03-2009 - mailed AOS

7-10-2009 - Check Cashed, - NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

7-22-2009 - transferred to CSC (rcvd notice in mail 7/27)

8-11-2009 - Biometrics appt scheduled (rcvd in mail on 7/18)

8-25-2009 - I-765 & I-131 approved

12-03-2009 - GC approval email

12-10-2009 - GC rcvd in mail!

ROC

10-12-2011 - mailed ROC

10-14-2011 - NOA1

11-07-2011 - Bio Appt

02-27-2012 - GC approval email

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an exciting week for Sept filers. We are happy for all the new approvals. Again...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Karri,

I believe our packet is very well-organized. I am proud of how my pangga arranged it. Very neat and everything is in order (with tabs).

Hopefully, next week will be our week.

Happy weekend everyone..

because of grad school and other plans we are waiting 3.5 months to do the visa interview, but i'm definitely going back to ukraine for the interview. now i spend my time looking up plane ticket prices! i'm so excited to see my fiance!! (even though it's a long way off) :)

When was the last time you saw your SO? I just got back last week and before the I was there for 3.5 weeks in Oct/Nov.... I can say that has made it much easier dealing with the wait. Anyways, for those of us who haven't yet received the NOA2, we will get them when we are supposed to get them. I believe everything happens for a reason :thumbs:

129F - K1 - Timeline:

9/18/2008 - Sent out K1 Packet

9/19/2008 - Packet received - CSC

9/22/2008 - NOA 1

9/23/2008 - Check Cashed

9/24/2008 - NOA 1 Hardcopy Received

1/13/2009 - Touch

1/14/2009 - NOA 2 via email

1/20/2009 - NOA 2 via USPS

1/20/2009 - arrived at NVC

1/23/2009 - left NVC

1/26/2009 - arrived at US Embassy in Sarajevo

2/02/2009 - Packet 3 received

2/05/2009 - Medical Scheduled - Passed

2/10/2009 - Interview - PASSED!!

2/14/2009 - POE: Chicago ORD

Timeline
When was the last time you saw your SO?

Just tonight :) I have been lucky I have been here in Thailand since the end of Nov, and will now be staying until she gets her Visa, and then we will be going home together :)

We have all our Packet 3 paper work together, except for the Police report which we can pick up on the 14th of Jan, and then we can send the check list to the embassy and get the interview scheduled. I am hoping we can get an interview before the end of Feb.

Congrats to everyone, looks like CSC is knocking these out, who knows maybe they all were told produce or when budget is cut you are all losing your jobs!!!

because of grad school and other plans we are waiting 3.5 months to do the visa interview, but i'm definitely going back to ukraine for the interview. now i spend my time looking up plane ticket prices! i'm so excited to see my fiance!! (even though it's a long way off) :)

When was the last time you saw your SO? I just got back last week and before the I was there for 3.5 weeks in Oct/Nov.... I can say that has made it much easier dealing with the wait. Anyways, for those of us who haven't yet received the NOA2, we will get them when we are supposed to get them. I believe everything happens for a reason :thumbs:

Well I lived in Ukraine for two years(for Peace Corps), so we were together a lot at the beginning, then he got a job in Russia and was required to work for 90 days and then come home for a month, after doing that three times, we got used to the long-distance thing. It was definitely hard at the beginning though. I just got back from Ukraine in November and we knew that we had a long wait in between, but I'm only 24 and not yet settled with a career (I'm trying to work & do grad school, making a big move to New York from Michigan). I can't be living with my parents and inviting him over. In the meantime, he's working and saving up money. We know that 6 or 7 months is do-able if we can spend the rest of our lives together! (and yes, i'm going for an optimistic outlook:) )

i know other couples have to wait a lot longer than us, and some have never done the long-distance thing. it's especially hard at the beginning.

Edited by sajori

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Karri,

Paul-Richard have hired an attorney back in September to help us with our Petition because we did not know how to proceed with it. We provide all the information to the attorney and look at all the paperwork, organized it and submitted it. She is the one who has received the NOA1. She did request that we pay the Visa fees in advance. She provided us with the link for us to be able to look at the status of our case. So I guess everything was well organised. Now like everyone who got their approval, we will work on the paperwork for the application once the Montreal Embassy sends me the packet. Our attorney mention that she will once again look at all the information before I sumbit it to the Embassy.

Even with an attorney, I can say that the VJ website has provided me with great support. If it was not of this website I would have harrass our attorney each day. The waiting process is stressful. Thank you to all of you who are sharing information and your experience, you are making things easier.

I will send out energy to those who are still waiting approval.

ChristinePR

i wonder how the sept vsc filers are doing hehehe...

oh boy...i get the feeling that is a VEEERRRYYY sore subject for the VSC sept. filers. it's ashame the two centers can't be a little more equal.

oh boy...i get the feeling that is a VEEERRRYYY sore subject for the VSC sept. filers. it's ashame the two centers can't be a little more equal.

whoa!

yeah, i just looked at Igor's list and no approval for sept. filers yet. how is that even possible, i thought csc has a lottt of backlogs. ah well, why cant i just be thankful. k, ill shut up now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

They are pretty pissed off at us but what can we do? :blush: Sometimes VSC goes faster and the CSC group gets mad at them and vice versa. I'm amazed that of all Sept filers about 48% on VJ have been approved already. Big spike this week!

K-1 Visa

9-22-2008 - mailed I-129F

9-29-2008 - Received NOA1 in mail

1-09-2009 - Received NOA2 e-mail notification

2-09-2009 - Packet 3 Received

2-28-2009 - Packet 4 Received

3-02-2009 - Medical

3-23-2009 - Interview, 221g

3-31-2009 - Returned 221g additional evidence request

4-08-2009 - Received visa!!!

4-19-2009 - POE

5-09-2009 - Wedding

AOS

7-03-2009 - mailed AOS

7-10-2009 - Check Cashed, - NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

7-22-2009 - transferred to CSC (rcvd notice in mail 7/27)

8-11-2009 - Biometrics appt scheduled (rcvd in mail on 7/18)

8-25-2009 - I-765 & I-131 approved

12-03-2009 - GC approval email

12-10-2009 - GC rcvd in mail!

ROC

10-12-2011 - mailed ROC

10-14-2011 - NOA1

11-07-2011 - Bio Appt

02-27-2012 - GC approval email

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
what are you newly approved filers doing :) ?

Getting ready for the Embassy paperwork! lol. I don't want to waste one min, I haven't seen my man in a year.

Just curious for those late Sept people who just got approved, how did you send in your petition, did you overnight it or send it via regular mail to the post office box? Also, were you comfortable with how you organized your petition before you sent it in? I was just wondering if these two factors had anything to do with us getting approved early rather than later. I overnighted mine and was extremely organized with our petition. I had acco fastners, tabs and the whole nine yards. Of course, it could be considered random in that case I'll consider myself lucky! :dance:

Wow! One year?! It has only been 3 weeks since I've seen Yulia and that has already been too long.

Like you, I was very organized, making sure everything was in perfect order. I must have checked everything over 20 times before I finally sealed the envelope. For some reason, I kept having this feeling that something was missing, like I wasn't providing enough information. I sent it priority mail and received the NOA1 a week later.

I feel I have been quite patient through this whole thing thus far. I told Yulia not to think about visa and I have tried to do the same. I strated checking out this thread about 2 weeks ago and noticed some action. I still didn't expect anything for another month.

This coming week will find me preparing the I-134 and accompanying documents and smiling a lot. :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

we are pretty pissed off .it really sucks it has been 4 months since we got the NOA1 and still no news and no touches .

VSC so slow now and it getting slower every single day . :crying:

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Hey all!! Hope you all had a great weekend! I spent much of yesterday getting everything prepared to send off to my SO. Here's my list, let me know if I mised anything:

Copies of NOA1 (and NOA2---when I get it!!!) (do I need to send the originals? b/c I thought we needed those for AOS)

Affidavit of Support, Employment Verification, Tax return for 2007, Most recent Bank Statement and Pay Stub

Original Boarding Passes for my three trips this year

40 pages of MSN chat logs, 7-8 emails, and long distance phone bills

A 50 page photo album of pictures of us during all three trips as well as pictures of us with family at our engagement party during our most recent trip (I bought one of those albums you could write in so that I could write who was in the picture, where it was taken, and the date it was taken)

My one question is about the NOA 1 and 2- do I need originals or can I send copies?

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks guys! These forums have been a life saver!

129F - K1 - Timeline:

9/22/2008 - NOA 1

9/23/2008 - Check Cashed

1/13/2009 - Touch

1/23/2009 - left NVC

Oh! I forgot to add that he already has a copy of the 129f packet and all my original documents.

129F - K1 - Timeline:

9/22/2008 - NOA 1

9/23/2008 - Check Cashed

1/13/2009 - Touch

1/23/2009 - left NVC

UGH. already problems. I called NVC (i know it's a little early) but the woman i spoke with at the NVC said that we should wait 90 days for them to receive the information from immigration?! What the h e l l?!?! 90 days? I have never read that on this site before! I asked...even for a K1 visa? and she said yes. Please tell me this isn't true?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.