tenderheartusa79

ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

131 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, how did you find out?

Here is some info I found on it:

What is Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis is a type of autoimmune thyroid disease in which the immune system attacks and destroys the thyroid gland. The thyroid helps set the rate of metabolism, which is the rate at which the body uses energy. Hashimoto's stops the gland from making enough thyroid hormones for the body to work the way it should. It is the most common thyroid disease in the U.S.

What is an autoimmune disease?

An autoimmune disease occurs when the body's immune system becomes misdirected and attacks the organs, cells or tissues that it was designed to protect. About 75% of autoimmune diseases occur in women, most often during their childbearing years.

What are the symptoms of Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?

Some patients with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis may have no symptoms. However, the common symptoms are fatigue, depression, sensitivity to cold, weight gain, forgetfulness, muscle weakness, puffy face, dry skin and hair, constipation, muscle cramps, and increased menstrual flow. Some patients have major swelling of the thyroid gland in the front of the neck, called goiter.

My doctor just called me. I had a test previously and my thyroid level was high at 8...apparently it's supposed to be 5 or under. She retested and it's now at 7 but she did some antibody test and it confirmed it. I have fatigue, depression, weight gain :blush: , forgetfullness!!!, muscle weakness, puffy face and dry skin and hair along with a few others. I guess now I go see a whole new set of doctors in addition to my Rheumatoid guy. Yay me! :dance::dance:

I really am sorry to hear this. Hopefully they can give you some medicine to improve your condition. I will pray for you and hope things get better.

Thanks! I'm more worried about whether it will affect pregnancy when and if that occurs so hopefully we can get it straightened out asap!!!

Ok guys, hubby wants to go out tonight and I'm pooped so I figure we'll go to the movies. Any suggestions? I was thinking of seeing Traitor but I didn't read any good reviews about it.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
anyone ever hear of hashimotos? apparently I have it so I'm off to look it up. :unsure:

Bridget - I have it. Have been dealing with it for more than 15 years now...for almost 24 years I've had thyroid disease. It can be managed by a very good endocrinologist and with good meds. Also, I've heard you mention fertility issues - thyroid disease can almost bring your fertility to a dead stop. Just an FYI. If you have any questions PM me. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I hate the Princess Bride! :ph34r:

promo-angry-mob.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Charles, have a great day off! How is your wife feeling? I hope she isn't suffering with morning sickness.

my day off starts in about 7 hours. worked 164 hours in the past 2 weeks. i guess nessa is ok, i've not seen her in 2 weeks - i'm out here in virginia again.

Where in Virginia?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Charles, have a great day off! How is your wife feeling? I hope she isn't suffering with morning sickness.

my day off starts in about 7 hours. worked 164 hours in the past 2 weeks. i guess nessa is ok, i've not seen her in 2 weeks - i'm out here in virginia again.

Where in Virginia?

suffolk

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You know, it's meh for me. I never liked it nor did I dislike it. Actually, what got much more interesting for me (but not for the normal reasons) was Monty Pythin's "The Holy Grail." We watched that in my Arthurian Legends class after studying the various Arthurian writings and then after doing a few years of medieval English lit. A few of the MP guys have English lit PhDs and when you really get to know the material, suddenly you really see much more in the film than you did before. It's like a giant inside joke. Actually, my favorite movies are "Life Aquatic" and "Rushmore."

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Timeline

Hope everyone's labor weekend is off to a good start!

Got off work early, so took a nap *whistles* (totally unproductive --- heeyy, I am very efficient at work), now I'm waiting for a gal friend to closely get to a restaurant to meet her at (I don't want to fly down like I did last time -- so here I am :) )

Stay cool and dry! Don't forget sunscreen!

P.S. I looooove the Princess Bride... and the "Holy Grail"

What??? :blink: You don't like Princess Bride.. That's it Julianna, I'm going to have to turn you into a newt..... But you'll probably get better :lol:

I was a total geek in junior high and highschool running around with my AP/ Honor society friends and we quoted the heck out of some Monty Python!!!! Loooove it!!! (Still like PB more, but MP ROCKS :dance: )

My favorite MP :

The Witch

Bedevere: What makes you think that she is a witch?

Peasant : What? She turned me into a newt. [bedevere gives him a disbelieving look]

Bedevere: A newt?

Peasant : [a very long pause] I got better.

:rofl:

You know, it's meh for me. I never liked it nor did I dislike it. Actually, what got much more interesting for me (but not for the normal reasons) was Monty Pythin's "The Holy Grail." We watched that in my Arthurian Legends class after studying the various Arthurian writings and then after doing a few years of medieval English lit. A few of the MP guys have English lit PhDs and when you really get to know the material, suddenly you really see much more in the film than you did before. It's like a giant inside joke. Actually, my favorite movies are "Life Aquatic" and "Rushmore."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
What??? :blink: You don't like Princess Bride.. That's it Julianna, I'm going to have to turn you into a newt..... But you'll probably get better :lol:

I was a total geek in junior high and highschool running around with my AP/ Honor society friends and we quoted the heck out of some Monty Python!!!! Loooove it!!! (Still like PB more, but MP ROCKS :dance: )

My favorite MP :

The Witch

Bedevere: What makes you think that she is a witch?

Peasant : What? She turned me into a newt. [bedevere gives him a disbelieving look]

Bedevere: A newt?

Peasant : [a very long pause] I got better.

:rofl:

LOL! classic!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Bridget I'm really sorry to hear about this (F) and I hope that they can get it all regulated and worked out soon and we can be telling you mabrook, Inshallah!!!

Take care of yourself and relax.. going to the movies sounds fun! Let us know what you see and if it's good or not!

Did your lights come in? I can't wait to see some pictures of your decorations!!!!!

Thanks! I'm more worried about whether it will affect pregnancy when and if that occurs so hopefully we can get it straightened out asap!!!

Ok guys, hubby wants to go out tonight and I'm pooped so I figure we'll go to the movies. Any suggestions? I was thinking of seeing Traitor but I didn't read any good reviews about it.

Same to you Emeralee!!! I hope that you have a great weekend!!

Woohoo for PB - come join our posse.. :P

Hope everyone's labor weekend is off to a good start!

Got off work early, so took a nap *whistles* (totally unproductive --- heeyy, I am very efficient at work), now I'm waiting for a gal friend to closely get to a restaurant to meet her at (I don't want to fly down like I did last time -- so here I am :) )

Stay cool and dry! Don't forget sunscreen!

P.S. I looooove the Princess Bride... and the "Holy Grail"

No need for a mob.. Instead we'll just come at her like spider monkeys all jacked up on Mountain Dew :rofl:

promo-angry-mob.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.