evijack

I'm going to go postal on the USCIS people.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've just about had it. :angry:

I sent in my I-130 and got my receipt (NOA1) on 1/29/2008. As of 8/29/2008 it will be 210 days. I called USCIS and got a very rude person telling me to check the website and just wait "as the applications are processed in the order they are received" yet I am seeing that people who file their I-130 in march, april, may are getting their NO2's/approvals months before me!!!!

I also looked on the uscis site and looked into this "touch" thing. I found out it hasn't been "touched" since february 24th!!!! This is really getting under my skin. Someone please tell me something to restore my faith in humanity!:angry: :angry: :angry:

BTW, I've looked into some contingency plans, and I will need some help from the VJ crew. Pleaaaaassssseee help!!!!

Some facts: she is a korean national and we got married in korea. I got receipt for the I-130 end of january (NOA1).

1) Is it worth it at this point to file the I-129 to get a K-3 visa?

2) What if she enters on a B2 visa just to stay with me? If we are living together in the US and then we get the I-130 approved while she is here, can we still do the adjustment of status? Will she get booted out even though she's married to me?

3) Should I panic at this point? As the "normal" wait time is 180 days, although on the tracker on the front page of VJ it says it's about 258 days for the VCS.

4) Do "touches" actually mean anything? I'm a bit freaked out since mine has not been touched since 2/24. I've spent the last 4 hours reading the forums and found totally contradicting information.

5) Are the processing timeframes from the official uscis site really accurate? accoring to this: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC they are STILL working on I-130 forms from sept 03, 2007!!!!!

Edited by evijack

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2007-11-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-29

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
I've just about had it. :angry:

I sent in my I-130 and got my receipt (NOA1) on 1/29/2008. As of 8/29/2008 it will be 210 days. I called USCIS and got a very rude person telling me to check the website and just wait "as the applications are processed in the order they are received" yet I am seeing that people who file their I-130 in march, april, may are getting their NO2's/approvals months before me!!!!

I also looked on the uscis site and looked into this "touch" thing. I found out it hasn't been "touched" since february 24th!!!! This is really getting under my skin. Someone please tell me something to restore my faith in humanity!:angry: :angry: :angry:

BTW, I've looked into some contingency plans, and I will need some help from the VJ crew. Pleaaaaassssseee help!!!!

Some facts: she is a korean national and we got married in korea. I got receipt for the I-130 end of january (NOA1).

1) Is it worth it at this point to file the I-129 to get a K-3 visa?

2) What if she enters on a B2 visa just to stay with me? If we are living together in the US and then we get the I-130 approved while she is here, can we still do the adjustment of status? Will she get booted out even though she's married to me?

3) Should I panic at this point? As the "normal" wait time is 180 days, although on the tracker on the front page of VJ it says it's about 258 days for the VCS.

4) Do "touches" actually mean anything? I'm a bit freaked out since mine has not been touched since 2/24. I've spent the last 4 hours reading the forums and found totally contradicting information.

5) Are the processing timeframes from the official uscis site really accurate? accoring to this: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC they are STILL working on I-130 forms from sept 03, 2007!!!!!

Evijack,

you have absolutely every right to be pissed off at this government, this process, me, and even yourself.

Be pissed at me because I one of those people that filed after you, and has already been approved.

I'm not boasting, just telling you the truth...and I'm not proud of it. There are some of us that feel very ashamed that

we're moving ahead of people that have been here longer and that deserve to be with their loved ones as much as we do.

I firmly believe in things going in order...first in, first out. I say be pissed at yourself because you should've filed the I-129F

as soon as you got your NOA1 for the I-130. But that's water under the bridge. Don't wait any longer...do it now.

On to your questions...

1. ABSOLUTELY worth applying for the K-3. Even though the CR-1 may be a little less expensive, and easier...your goal

is to be united ASAP. You can make more money, but you can't make more time.

2. Entering on a B2 with intent to immigrate is fraud. YOU would have to prove it's not. If you can't prove that she just "decided to stay"

then they could deny your visa application AND give her a 5 year, 10 year or life ban. Again, you've got to prove that YOUR WIFE

whom you've already been waiting for an IMMIGRATION VISA, just came to visit and all of a sudden DECIDED TO STAY.

So yeah...they could still boot her out. There are people who successfully use this method...but it's very dangerous and very risky.

Trust me...I know how you feel.

3. It's easy to say don't panic...relax. But the truth is, this system is out of control and it sucks. Apparently at USCIS they are stacking

new applications on top of old ones, and as long as this keeps going it will NOT be fair. I think you have every right to make as much

noise as possible to have them friggin' TOUCH and APPROVE your case. If you're not good at making the right noise, find a congressman,

senator, reporter, or someone who can make noise for you (forget about a lawyer until you're ready to sue them).

4. Touches usually do mean "something". The fact that there's been ZERO activity on your case means there's nothing happening with it.

With simple cases there might be one or two touches as the file moves, or there might not be any....just an approval.

On complex cases there could be many touches and RFEs. At least if you were getting RFEs you'd know they were working on it.

5. The processing estimates on the USCIS site are worth the paper they're printed on. They don't mean jack. All they do is give the operators

a reason to tell you to call back.

You should be pissed off, but still keep your cool. Believe it or not...when a person gets mad they create a chemical in their body that actually lowers your IQ.

Think about all the stupid ISH you've done when you got mad...but by all means make some noise and have somebody look into your case.

And yes there are some people in the system that have been waiting since September 2007, and some even longer.

Good luck.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

On to your questions...

1. ABSOLUTELY worth applying for the K-3. Even though the CR-1 may be a little less expensive, and easier...your goal

is to be united ASAP. You can make more money, but you can't make more time.

2. Entering on a B2 with intent to immigrate is fraud. YOU would have to prove it's not. If you can't prove that she just "decided to stay"

then they could deny your visa application AND give her a 5 year, 10 year or life ban. Again, you've got to prove that YOUR WIFE

whom you've already been waiting for an IMMIGRATION VISA, just came to visit and all of a sudden DECIDED TO STAY.

So yeah...they could still boot her out. There are people who successfully use this method...but it's very dangerous and very risky.

Trust me...I know how you feel.

3. It's easy to say don't panic...relax. But the truth is, this system is out of control and it sucks. Apparently at USCIS they are stacking

new applications on top of old ones, and as long as this keeps going it will NOT be fair. I think you have every right to make as much

noise as possible to have them friggin' TOUCH and APPROVE your case. If you're not good at making the right noise, find a congressman,

senator, reporter, or someone who can make noise for you (forget about a lawyer until you're ready to sue them).

4. Touches usually do mean "something". The fact that there's been ZERO activity on your case means there's nothing happening with it.

With simple cases there might be one or two touches as the file moves, or there might not be any....just an approval.

On complex cases there could be many touches and RFEs. At least if you were getting RFEs you'd know they were working on it.

5. The processing estimates on the USCIS site are worth the paper they're printed on. They don't mean jack. All they do is give the operators

a reason to tell you to call back.

You should be pissed off, but still keep your cool. Believe it or not...when a person gets mad they create a chemical in their body that actually lowers your IQ.

Think about all the stupid ISH you've done when you got mad...but by all means make some noise and have somebody look into your case.

And yes there are some people in the system that have been waiting since September 2007, and some even longer.

Good luck.

thanks for the advice man. I'll keep my head up. :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Forgive me if I'm repeating information that you already know, but I'm assuming that you are new to the website from your date joined. Where did you file? Vermont or California Service Center? I think Vermont Service Center has been months behind California and has not been processing anything. Only this month Vermont has transferred about a half year's worth of their case load to California to even up processing (I think something like their Sept 07-Feb08 cases). Those transferred have been receiving their approvals in reasonably short order. There is a transferred applicant thread that has been keeping track of the transfers and approvals in a spreadsheet. Take a look at that. If you started with Cali, I would be worried (you would be months behind other people in your service center). If you started with Vermont, there were people months ahead of you in the same situation, but these recent transfers should be helping out (and you would be hoping to be transferred also). I filed in Vermont on 1/10/08 and was transferred last week to Cali. That transfer was the only activity on my file the entire time.

Everything I've seen states that while it is possible, it is very hard to get a nonimmigrant visa while you are in the process of getting an immigrant visa because of the risk that the potential immigrant would just stay in the US and file for adjustment of status. I agree with the earlier poster that there are fraud considerations that you do not want to engage in.

The processing time moves in strange ways. I've seen it stuck at the same date for months. I've seen it go backward. I just tend to view any timeline or time frame you get from USCIS website or from their call centers (at least as far as from Vermont as that's what I've been paying attention to) as a cover your butt date.

Edited by cp2000

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would relax. We all have to wait. Then one day, bam..approved. Go have a drink.

K-1 Visa

7-1-05: Mailed Packet to Vermont (USPS Priority Next Day)

7-2-05: Delivered to VT. Signed by P. Novak

7-6-05: NOA1 received

7-11-05: Check Cashed

7-14-05: NOA1 snail mail

7-25-05: NOA2 email

8-03-05: File sent to Manila Embasy

8-23-05: Packet at Embassy

8-31-05: Medical

9-08-05: Interview... APPROVED!

9-14-05: Visas Delivered

11-19-05: Married

06-25-06: Green Card approved at USCIS in Wash. DC (AOS)

I-130(Daughter)

02-17-08-Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02-19-08-Received EAC Assigned

02-25-08-NOA1 from Vermont SC

08-26-08-Transfered to CSC

09-04-08-Touched (Pending at CSC)

09-08-08-Tocuhed

09-15-08-NOA2 from CSC

9-19-08-Touched

9-22-08-Touched

9-25-08-NVC Letter

9-26-08-AOS fee paid online

10-08-08-Mailed I-864/Hard copy DS3032

10-09-08-Email DS 3032 approved

03-25-09-Interview at Embassy

03-25-09-Visa approved

04-20-09-10 yr green card received

I-751(Lift Conditions)

07-14-08-Mailed to Vermont SC

07-16-08-Check Cashed(received) EAC assigned

08-19-08-Bio Metrics in Alexandria

02-25-09-Transfered to CSC

06-01-09-Approval letter (Green card being processed)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

VSC seems to be a black hole around that time. There are some on the Yardie thread who have recently been transferred to CSC and are now more hopeful.

I say hang in there.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

If you aren't transfered to California in a couple of weeks, then panic.

But we don't know your timeline or anything so please fill it out. Then we can give you better advice.

And there's no magic bullet. But contact your congressman and ask for an inquiry. That ought to prompt the transfer.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

i would contact your congrees person now and fill out the 129F it cost you noting and you may get touched at the same time.

I married my love on 12/24/07

I filed for the I 130 on 1/23/08

Receipt number recevied 2/13/08

Paperwork sent to Guangzhou on 1/23/09

Interview 5/21/09 PASSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa 5/23/09

POE 6/2/09

Home 6/3/09

FILED I-751

SENT PAPERWORK 3/8/11

NOA-1 3/10/11

BIOMETERICS 4/29/11

WAITING APPROVAL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't send the I-129F... at this point, it will not make it any faster. A lot of us waited well over 200 days to be approved, some like HOHOHO have been waiting for over a year... Just give it a few more weeks and then try to contact the Senators office so they can put in an inquiry..

I-130 Timeline:

12-11-2007- Married my Love

02-08-2008- CSC receives I-130

02-11-2008- Received Hardcopy NOA1

08-14-2008- Approved!!! 216 days...

08-21-2008- NOA2 Hardcopy received

08-27-2008- NVC Receives file, NVC Case Number issued

09-05-2008- AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

09-06-2008- E-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

09-11-2008- Received Hardcopy of DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

09-15-2008- Mailed Hardcopy of DS-3032

09-16-2008- Paid $70 AOS fee online

09-17-2008- Received E-mail confirming the DS-3032 Agent

09-17-2008- Printed Coversheet for AOS paperwork

09-17-2008- IV Bill Invoiced

12-16-2008- Sent I-864 EZ to NVC

NOW: Debating on current situation...

.png

Thanks all for the great help.

I did file at the Vermont "paragon of bloated bureaucracy" service center. I'm freaking depressed over this as I need and want to see my wife.

does it really help to contact my congressman?

If you started with Cali, I would be worried (you would be months behind other people in your service center). If you started with Vermont, there were people months ahead of you in the same situation, but these recent transfers should be helping out (and you would be hoping to be transferred also). I filed in Vermont on 1/10/08 and was transferred last week to Cali. That transfer was the only activity on my file the entire time.

oh dear god, please tell me that people months ahead of me STILL haven't gotten their paperwork done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Thanks all for the great help.

I did file at the Vermont "paragon of bloated bureaucracy" service center. I'm freaking depressed over this as I need and want to see my wife.

does it really help to contact my congressman?

If you started with Cali, I would be worried (you would be months behind other people in your service center). If you started with Vermont, there were people months ahead of you in the same situation, but these recent transfers should be helping out (and you would be hoping to be transferred also). I filed in Vermont on 1/10/08 and was transferred last week to Cali. That transfer was the only activity on my file the entire time.

oh dear god, please tell me that people months ahead of me STILL haven't gotten their paperwork done.

From your case you should have transferred. I would try to make noise about this as much as I can. Although this doesnt help my situation since I am CSC filer in July but I would rather have you approved ahead of me i CSC. Good luck. :thumbs:

And check this out:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pkS...y2biBfPF5nP6JZw

Naturalization
CIS Office : Seattle
Date Filed : 2012-05-14
Bio. Appt. : 2012-07-09
Interview Date : 2012-09-24
Approved :2012-09-24

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Office
Date Filed : 2011-02-14
Date received: 2011-02-16
NOA Date : 2011-02-16
Bio. Appt. : 2011-03-16
Interview Date : None
Approved :2011-04-22

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Missouri Service Office
Date Filed : 2008-12-16
Date received: 2008-12-18

NOA Date : 2008-12-23
Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-16
Interview Date : 2009-04-14
Approved :2009-04-14
K-3 Visa
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Chennai, India
Marriage : 2008-07-08
I-130 Sent : 2008-07-31
I-130 NOA1 : 2008-08-06
I-129F Sent : 2008-08-09
I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-26
NVC Received : 2008-10-02
NVC Left : 2008-10-06
Consulate Received : 2008-10-10
Interview Date : 2008-11-21
Visa Received : 2008-12-03
US Entry : 2008-12-04
I-130 Approval : 2008-09-26

US entry after 150 days from our wedding date

Our approval took 251 days. I can understand your frustration but hang in there. Hopefully your case will be transferred to CSC. :thumbs:

our time lines look identical, yet you have already received your approval. ARGGHHH. Did your application get "touched" between NOA1 and NOA2?

our time lines look identical, yet you have already received your approval. ARGGHHH. Did your application get "touched" between NOA1 and NOA2?

1st touch was 14 August when we were transferred to CSC. Before that nothing. I should think you will be transferred soon. Like others have suggested, its worth trying your congressman/senator. We did and a week later our case got transferred. Its certainly worth a shot :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.