2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Okay here goes I called DOS .... I called on Wednesday the 14th and spoke to Katie she said on they are just waiting on an interview date its summer and they are busy with other visas I can tell she is looking at the first screen and I said You know its been 2 years and Im getting a little confused as to why its taking so long. She said mmmmmm wait a minute she apologizes and tells me she was on the wrong screen she says its in AP they are working on it and I said how long will this go on she said oh! oh! they sent a letter dated Thursday the 8th requesting a new medical, police report, DS230 and new photos Im in shock and I tell her thank you and hang up. ......

WONDERFUL!!! That is great news. I have had Katie a few times and she is very professional. I don't think she would lie to you but Chris gives you "hope" that isn't real. Anyway---you deserve it. Hope he gets the visa soon!!!

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Okay here goes I called DOS on Friday the 9th and spoke to Chris he told me your case is pending AP I tried to pick him and he would just say the case is in AP. I called on Wednesday the 14th and spoke to Katie she said on they are just waiting on an interview date its summer and they are busy with other visas I can tell she is looking at the first screen and I said You know its been 2 years and Im getting a little confused as to why its taking so long. She said mmmmmm wait a minute she apologizes and tells me she was on the wrong screen she says its in AP they are working on it and I said how long will this go on she said oh! oh! they sent a letter dated Thursday the 8th requesting a new medical, police report, DS230 and new photos Im in shock and I tell her thank you and hang up. So I tell m husband to schedule a medical we have the police report and to call the call center and see if they give him an interview date( Ukraine has a call center you buy time to talk to them $12 for 8 minutes) They ask for his case number and tell him his interview is August 18 So now I have still not heard from the Embassy and neither has my husband so Im not sure what he is suppose to do. Im just hoping that the call center would not give him a date unless it was cleared by the Embassy to do so. I called DOS today and spoke to Brian he told me the same thing I told him my husband didnt get a letter and he said they also sent me one so Im waiting for mail from Ukraine LOl in the past they have always sent emails why not now. At any rate it seems to be moving forward.

Thats great news... thats the letter that long term AP's get.... go get the new docs so they can issue the visa.... There will likely be another interview as well.. but after all he has been through, may just be a formality...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They have been working on moving the system over to a computerized one for some time... This will likely not be something that goes into effect for a long time due to the infrastructure requirements and the fact that we are dealing with offices around the world...

Obama did say that he wants transparency, but we are still far from true transparency.. but this system in reality should have only a limited level of transparency due to the element they are trying to ditect..

The cases that require additional checks should have a copy of the file sent to the appropriate agency when the NOA2 is issued... this would allow sufficient time before the interview...

My Wife had her interview in Islamabad on May 7th. She received a light green paper at the end of the interview stating temporarily refused for administrative processing. Also states that it can take 2-3 months but no maximum time. They kept her passport and gave her token... give me some info since I have been calling DOS and they keep saying under administrative processing...I'm a US Citizen. We got married last year, June 10th 2009.

I wish really appreciate if someone can give their insights.

Thank you so much!!!

Please see below the paper she got after her interview on 5/7...

Dear visa applicant:

Your ease has been temporarily refused for further administrative processing. We cannot give you a definite date when the processing will be completed, but the average time is approximately 2 -3 months. There is no maximum time limit.

When your case is approved and if we already have your passports, we will put the visas into them. If we do not have your passports, we will call you to request your passports., so that we may put the visas into them. When you are requested to return your passports. please send them as soon as possible by any courier or by registered mail to the following address:

Consular Section (Immigrant Visa Unit)

Embassy of the United States of America

Diplomatic Enclave

Ramna5

Islamabad

Once we receive your passports. we will return them with the visas pasted in them to the American Express Courier Services office nearest to your home address. (please refer to the list of offices on the back of this letter.) You will need your Pink token (already given to you at the time ofyour int~rview),this sheet an~ your National ID card in order to pick up your passports, so please hold onto this document. You should expect your passports to arrive at the American Express office approximately between one to two weeks after your p~sportsare received by the consular section.

We regret that we cannot issue your visas today, but we will do everything we can to ensure that your case is handled as quickly as possible. Please keep us informed if your contact information (such as your phone nwnber) changes. You may contact us with any questions about your case at PAKIYlnfo@State.goy. Alternatively, you can eall us between 12:30 and 15:30 at 051 208 2700.

Consular Officer

WONDERFUL!!! That is great news. I have had Katie a few times and she is very professional. I don't think she would lie to you but Chris gives you "hope" that isn't real. Anyway---you deserve it. Hope he gets the visa soon!!!

My Wife had her interview in Islamabad on May 7th. She received a light green paper at the end of the interview stating temporarily refused for administrative processing. Also states that it can take 2-3 months but no maximum time. They kept her passport and gave her token... give me some info since I have been calling DOS and they keep saying under administrative processing...I'm a US Citizen. We got married last year, June 10th 2009.

Thank you so much!!!

Dear visa applicant:

Your ease has been temporarily refused for further administrative processing. We cannot give you a definite date when the processing will be completed, but the average time is approximately 2 -3 months. There is no maximum time limit.

When your case is approved and if we already have your passports, we will put the visas into them. If we do not have your passports, we will call you to request your passports., so that we may put the visas into them. When you are requested to return your passports. please send them as soon as possible by any courier or by registered mail to the following address:

Diplomatic Enclave

Ramna5

Islamabad

Once we receive your passports. we will return them with the visas pasted in them to the American Express Courier Services office nearest to your home address. (please refer to the list of offices on the back of this letter.) You will need your Pink token (already given to you at the time ofyour int~rview),this sheet an~ your National ID card in order to pick up your passports, so please hold onto this document. You should expect your passports to arrive at the American Express office approximately between one to two weeks after your p~sportsare received by the consular section.

We regret that we cannot issue your visas today, but we will do everything we can to ensure that your case is handled as quickly as possible. Please keep us informed if your contact information (such as your phone nwnber) changes. You may contact us with any questions about your case at PAKIYlnfo@State.goy. Alternatively, you can eall us between 12:30 and 15:30 at 051 208 2700.

Consular Officer

Thank you so much!!!

Dear visa applicant:

Diplomatic Enclave

Ramna5

Islamabad

Consular Officer

hehehehe....

I have not called DoS in over a week.... I can't believe how much calmer I have been this week.... :thumbs:

Thank you so much!!!

Dear visa applicant:

Diplomatic Enclave

Ramna5

Islamabad

Consular Officer

Timeline

You only need to post this 1 time.. take caution as to not spam by reposting numerous times...

It sounds like everything is in good shape that they just need someone to sign off on the visa....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Okay here goes I called DOS on Friday the 9th and spoke to Chris he told me your case is pending AP I tried to pick him and he would just say the case is in AP. I called on Wednesday the 14th and spoke to Katie she said on they are just waiting on an interview date its summer and they are busy with other visas I can tell she is looking at the first screen and I said You know its been 2 years and Im getting a little confused as to why its taking so long. She said mmmmmm wait a minute she apologizes and tells me she was on the wrong screen she says its in AP they are working on it and I said how long will this go on she said oh! oh! they sent a letter dated Thursday the 8th requesting a new medical, police report, DS230 and new photos Im in shock and I tell her thank you and hang up. So I tell m husband to schedule a medical we have the police report and to call the call center and see if they give him an interview date( Ukraine has a call center you buy time to talk to them $12 for 8 minutes) They ask for his case number and tell him his interview is August 18 So now I have still not heard from the Embassy and neither has my husband so Im not sure what he is suppose to do. Im just hoping that the call center would not give him a date unless it was cleared by the Embassy to do so. I called DOS today and spoke to Brian he told me the same thing I told him my husband didnt get a letter and he said they also sent me one so Im waiting for mail from Ukraine LOl in the past they have always sent emails why not now. At any rate it seems to be moving forward.

wooohooooo sounds like things are finally moving forward for you....congrats....

bridget

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hoping case arrives at USCIS by tomorrow....Senator was told it "should" arrive this week :wacko: But they haven't heard of any 129Fs being reviewed at CSC lately :angry: But ours won't be expired...so maybe :unsure::clock: Atleast I have all these forums to keep me distracted :reading:

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hoping case arrives at USCIS by tomorrow....Senator was told it "should" arrive this week :wacko: But they haven't heard of any 129Fs being reviewed at CSC lately :angry: But ours won't be expired...so maybe :unsure::clock: Atleast I have all these forums to keep me distracted :reading:

Where was your passport after interview day? What they said after interview, only to wait? After interview I was given just empty 221g form, I mean totally empty, no any mark on, passport sitting there still. My fiance is so much down, I was in USA not once, last time they were sending me tourist visa without any interview at all, so I was able to stay there at least for 6 months each time(spent only 2-3 weeks of vacation), when now he is thinking that they don't allow him to be happy.

Timeline

Where was your passport after interview day? What they said after interview, only to wait? After interview I was given just empty 221g form, I mean totally empty, no any mark on, passport sitting there still. My fiance is so much down, I was in USA not once, last time they were sending me tourist visa without any interview at all, so I was able to stay there at least for 6 months each time(spent only 2-3 weeks of vacation), when now he is thinking that they don't allow him to be happy.

They gave him the passport back at the 1st interview & didn't take it back (even thought they told him to bring it) at the 2nd. We aren't in AP....we received a refusal worksheet with 221(g) marked on it....so i guess there are 2 types of 221(g)?? This whole thing is so confusing & frustrating. About all we can do is try to stay sane :wacko: Not always so easy when we are apart from the ones we love :cry: Everything for a reason....everything for a reason...everything for a reason....hmmm Nope....not helping me feel better about it...lol

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

In your case it appears the consulate denied the visa application and sent it back to USCIS.. This is not likely AP... How do you know the petition will not expire? The standard time is 4 months from NOA2... based on your NOA2 date the petition has technically expired already and the CSC will likely send you a letter in a few noths stating this rather than sending a letter offering an opportunity to rebut the findings of the consulate...

A class action suit has recently been filed regarding this type of thing... cross your fingers and hope that CSC gives you a chance to rebut, but many people just refile a new K1 to save time.... if you refile, be sure to include a letter requesting a waiver and explaining why the CO was wrong in their finding that resulted in the 221g... if this is not done you will likely get a NOID and have to resond with that same evidence within a specified timeframe...

Just over 20 weeks, almost five months :(

well, hang in there i know AP makes our life miserable....soon, im hoping, it'll be over. i called DOS today again even tho i know i shouldnt have. got katie. she was probably more professional but still unhelpful. Just told me it was in administrative processing. i asked if she could see if it was being reviewed currently and shes like i dont know. even like the update all she said was early july about my congress contacting them..... :bonk: frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Thanks to all for the support and well wishes I am not trying to get to hopeful I know it will be a long month to see what they do next. LOL if my husband gets the visa everyone watch out mountains are surely moving. Good Luck all

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Timeline

In your case it appears the consulate denied the visa application and sent it back to USCIS.. This is not likely AP... How do you know the petition will not expire? The standard time is 4 months from NOA2... based on your NOA2 date the petition has technically expired already and the CSC will likely send you a letter in a few noths stating this rather than sending a letter offering an opportunity to rebut the findings of the consulate...

A class action suit has recently been filed regarding this type of thing... cross your fingers and hope that CSC gives you a chance to rebut, but many people just refile a new K1 to save time.... if you refile, be sure to include a letter requesting a waiver and explaining why the CO was wrong in their finding that resulted in the 221g... if this is not done you will likely get a NOID and have to resond with that same evidence within a specified timeframe...

Yes...i know we were "recommended to revoke approval" aka denied...lol They renewed the expiration date to max amount before returning it to USCIS....so that should give us another 4 mths....3 now. So HOPEFULLY the will actually look at it & not just sit on it.

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got a 221g form on July 1, submitted the lacking document on the 6th. I called the Embassy yesterday and the agent told me that my visa got approved on the 13th. kicking.gif

I'm hoping that the good news will keep rolling in for us all. GOOD LUCK! good.gif

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate already posted in this forum as well on July 15th as cross-posted into a number of different forums has been removed. It is not necessary to post the same information more than once. If you have new information you can post new comments, not just keep re-posting the same comments over and over.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.