2,826 posts in this topic

i added you to the tracker I hope I was right you are female. If not let me know Hopefully this will be only a slight delay for you.

Thanks, yes I am the female beneficiary. What is the tracker exactly, just something you are doing yourself? :)

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Thanks, yes I am the female beneficiary. What is the tracker exactly, just something you are doing yourself? :)

Yah its just a traker she does to help other people who are in AP see other people's AP journey. the link for the tracker is in her singnature.

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Mohamed,

How goes it? So the visa got issued to you guys June 1st? Congrats!!!! Looks like she is coming next week? Valeria (from Colombia) is due here July 3rd....

Joe

Hey Joe how are you buddy ? I'm glad to see you posting again .Yeah the visa has been issued But im the one who is going to move to USA not my fiancee .My fiancee is the USC .

Keep in touch bro .

Have a nice blessed day .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Guess we are joining the lovely waiting game of AP. Not sure what all u need as for info. My fiance is male, K1, Morocco, interivew: May 18, 2010...let me know if u need more info. Hope everyone gets good news soon!!

Monica :)

P.S. To the fellow MENA ppl waiting...anybody know of any groups that have been started for MENA waiters?? Thanks

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Don't put your life on hold... just make the best of what you have now... you may be apart.. but you can still enjoy life even though far apart..

It is frustrating, but yes thanks, we're 'thinking outside of the box' now and we're actually beginning to enjoy opportunities that might not have cropped up if it weren't for being stuck in AP - glass half full etc.

Anyway - any news of progress in your case?

I just got someone at the embassy and they said they are not obligated to answer my emails #######.

Very helpful :girlwerewolf2xn:

My husband's senator's office has lost our papers - again!! Very efficient, not :angry:

Edited by treehugger

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It is frustrating, but yes thanks, we're 'thinking outside of the box' now and we're actually beginning to enjoy opportunities that might not have cropped up if it weren't for being stuck in AP - glass half full etc.

Anyway - any news of progress in your case?

I dont expect anything for at least a few weeks... and then it wouldonly be that the investigative calls started... IMO at best she could get the visa next month, knowing how they do things... I send the consulate an email every 3 or 4 weeks..(takes them 2-3 weeks to respond).. and I go to visit my congressmans office twice per month and he sends an inquiry for me every month.I should get a call from him today.. aside from that, all we can do is use what others have gone through as a guide to what may happen... Based on last years AP cases at our consulate, we will be done by October at the latest... Our consular General will change in the next couple of months so they may clear out the AP files before he gets there...

I try to go fishing a couple of times each week looking for new places we can go on the boat when she gets here... The garden grows bigger every day and she gets emailed photos every few days as if she is here watching it with me.. Been working on restoring a car for over 2 years now and there is still lots to do there... Life is short... make the most of every day .... stay busy now so you have more memories when you are no longer able to do the things you can physically do today...

Try not to look at things as half of anything... today you can give 100% toward enjoying life... if we let the process take a toll on us.. we become less that what we could be when we are together with our spouse... It could be really easy to let this get us depressed and sit home eating hoho's all day and watching TV... If I did that, I would get fat and not have many good memories of this time in my life...

One of the things that I find so attractive in my spouse is her love of life and that she is a happy person... we all need to stay strong for our spouses... depression can be contageous...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Very helpful girlwerewolf2xn.gif

My husband's senator's office has lost our papers - again!! Very efficient, not mad.gif

Going to the Senators or congressmans office in person can be a good thing as the file is seen and the intercation with the person doing the inquiry becomes more personal...

I know of many people that have had the same email experience... where the consulate just stopped responding to them... The policy requires them to treat us respectfully and IMO ignoring emails is very disrespectful... The fact remains that we nor our government representatives can make them do anything... a good thing is that the consulate is required to respond to a congressional or senate inquiry... the consulate can't ignore themgood.gif .. even though they sure wish they could... each consulate gets a load of inquiries every day.... given the number of visas our consulate issues each year.. they likely have over 10,000 cases being processed at any given time.. if everyone made inquiries like I do, that equates to over 20,000 inquiries each month... alot of emails.... whether we like it or not.. we are just a number on a file to them... ClockWatch2.gif

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Joe how are you buddy ? I'm glad to see you posting again .Yeah the visa has been issued But im the one who is going to move to USA not my fiancee .My fiancee is the USC .

Keep in touch bro .

Have a nice blessed day .

Hey Man- Ha, that's right, you are the one heading here!!!!! Congrats!!!! AP was a hell of a ride, huh!!!

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

11/13/2008 - I-129F NOA1 issue date

11/17/2008 - Received NOA1 hard copy in the mail

1/23/2009 - Received email stating I was approved (NOA2) on 1/22/2009

1/26/2009 - Recieved NOA2 hard copy in the mail

4/29/2009 - Embassy interview date - was put into AP (given a form with 221(g) box checked)

12/25/2009 - Still stuck in AP- almost 8 MONTHS and counting... :(

12/28/2009 - Embassy finally called my gal for another "interview"

1/14/2010 - VISA APPROVED at the second interview- took about 8 1/2 months of AP

1/21/2010 - Visa delivered by courier- BUT, she opened sealed envelope that was for U.S. Immigration at POE.

Now embassy in Bogota wants us to do the medicals all over again.... nightmare continues.....

2/22/2010 - She went back to Bogota to get labs and medical re-done. Then back to embassy where they finally

re-issued the visa. Is valid until July 13th

7/3/2010 - She made it to the U.S. finally!!! I filed on November 11th 2008 and went thru 8 1/2 months of AP

AOS

12/16/2010 - Sent in packet by Fed Ex to Chicago

1/7/2011 - Notified by email from USCIS packet was received

1/25/2011 - Notified by email we are receiving an RFE

2/4/2011 - Sent translated birth cert in (RFE)

2/9/2011 - Biometrics done

3/1/2011 - EAD/AP card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Thanks, yes I am the female beneficiary. What is the tracker exactly, just something you are doing yourself? smile.gif

Hey girl, Sorry to see ya'll here. Hope yours isnt a long wait.

bridget

Going to the Senators or congressmans office in person can be a good thing as the file is seen and the intercation with the person doing the inquiry becomes more personal...

I know of many people that have had the same email experience... where the consulate just stopped responding to them... The policy requires them to treat us respectfully and IMO ignoring emails is very disrespectful... The fact remains that we nor our government representatives can make them do anything... a good thing is that the consulate is required to respond to a congressional or senate inquiry... the consulate can't ignore themgood.gif .. even though they sure wish they could... each consulate gets a load of inquiries every day.... given the number of visas our consulate issues each year.. they likely have over 10,000 cases being processed at any given time.. if everyone made inquiries like I do, that equates to over 20,000 inquiries each month... alot of emails.... whether we like it or not.. we are just a number on a file to them... ClockWatch2.gif

well my embassy has not have as many iquiries as your embassy so my embassy has no right to take so long this is what they say after i send them an email

we average more than 1,000 every month not too much, makes me think there sleeping on my case.

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.