MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE,I AM ALSO PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM ONE OF THE AUG.FILLERS AFTER IT WAS RESENT BY AUG.9 DUE TO REJECTION THING.BUT IM HAPPY NOW FOR BEING STARTED THE PROCESS ATLESS I HAVE THE RECEIPT NO. NOW AND I CAN CHECK IT ONLINE MY STATUS..HOPING AND PRAYING THAT THOSE WHO ARE ALSO WAITING CAN RECEIVED SOME GOOD NEWS ALSO...GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US HERE AUG. FILLERS...PLS KEEP US UPDATE...C.U...

K1 -visa:Timeline

6/26/08:resent the 1-129f package to VSC

8/21/08:received NOA1 in the mail,yeyeyeh i was relief after the long period of waiting

1/28/09:NOA2 received ...in 161 days from NOA1

2/10/09:received appointment letter from USEM

3/11 - 12 : MEDICAL -- passed

3/30/09: INTERVIEW -- APPROVED

4/02/09:VISA deliver at home at 2:45 pm

5/28/09:SSN arrived after less than 1 week from filling.

6/01/09:Wedding day.[/color]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS :Journey

07/08/09:sent the 1-485 forms for adjustment of status package to chicago (USPS)..Day 1

07/10/09:arrived USCIS,chicago...(when i checked the USPS post office)...Day 3

07/12/09:check cashed...Day 5

07/15/09:noa1 date for (AOS,AED,AP)i thanks god for everything...(date arrived,07/20/09)...Day 10

08/12/09:calling USCIS to check the bio apt...Day 35

08/25/09:bio notice date issued...Day 48

08/29/09:bio notice received.(thank u so much mama mary...)...Day 52

09/04/09:AP arrived in the mail (date issued 08/27/09)

09/09/09:biometrics done...

09/17/09:EAD = card arrived today...so happy...

10/03/09:interview notice received

11/05/09:AOS -- interview approved (thank u mama mary)...

11/16/09: GREEN CARD arrived today...

.........o0o...............

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Morning August bye.gif

I thought you wanted to read this!

I just talked to am USCIS represenative on the phone. I called because I received an email saying this:

"Type of service requested:

-- Non-Delivery of Other Notice

The status of this service request is:

Unable to access the file.

The case is currently with an officer."

I had no idea what that meant since I received an email on 08/06/08 saying this:

"On May 7, 2008, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. We will hold it for 180 days from May 7, 2008 to allow you time to contact us. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application or application for replacement with fee."

Was my file missing? Just what the !!!!!! was going on.

So I called.

It took 30 minutes finally get a human being. They asked me my case number, then asked if I had received my notice of approval. I said no, I got this other email instead. And she said that we were apporved 08/12/08 and that our case was at the NVC. (YAAYYYYY!!!!!!)

She then explained that there had been a computer glitch in which the approval notices had neither been mailed nor emailed.

So I do not know what to tell you all. Hopefully you are approved, and just do not know yet. I pray this is the case for you.

I also know that the system seems to be majorly jacked right now.

2008-05-06 I-129F sent

2008-05-10 Delivered to NVC 3:12pm

2008-05-20 NOA1

2008-05-23 Touched

2008-06-26 Touched

2008-06-27 Touched

2008-09-07 NOA2

2008-09-11 Received at NVC

2008-09-12 Left NVC

2008-09-18 Consulate received

2008-09-25 Pkt3 Received

2008-09-28 Pkt3 Returned

2008-09-30 Pkt4 Received

2008-10-09 Interview

2008-10-13 Medical

2008-10-24 Visa Received

2008-10-30 Fying home to my Jonathan

Would that count for NOA1's as well, then? Since none of us August fiilers are likely to be approved already. :P

Congrats on everyone that got their NOA1!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It is very common for the California computer system to be messed up. Look back over some old posts and you'll see that people never found out they were approved until they received their hardcopy. Some still show pending even though they were approved ages ago. Happens all the time. :(

I've not ever seen or heard of this happening for Vermont. There was surely something slowing down the NOA1's getting out and checks being cashed but it seems to have cleared now and you're on your way.

Just so you know.. vermont has a long history of being the fastest processing center, even when there were several doing K1's so even tho it might not feel like it right now, you're in good hands there. ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok, so for those of us with our NOA1, what's the next step we await for? Is it just to get the NOA2 while avoiding any requests for additional info or corrections to be made?

Timeline

04-21-2008 - Wrote to each other for the first time

07-22-2008 - Met in Bangalore

07-30-2008 - Got engaged

08-05-2008 - Mailed I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition to VSC

08-06-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition received by VSC

08-13-2008 - Check cased

08-18-2008 - NOA1 received

08-18-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition "Touched"

Timeline

Yup, that's about it Mark. ;)

You can start gathering some of what you may need for the next step. I had my I-134 filled out very early on and just sitting in a folder on my desktop with my ongoing relationship info. You can order your tax transcripts and type out your new letter of intent (although you dont want to date it until after NOA2).

Your fiance can look into vaccinations, if any, that she may need before her medical. Those with universal health care will find it much cheaper to get immunized through their primary physician. ;) You can find the updated list of new vaccinations required on the uscis or cdc websites. ;) Also, she can look into getting her police reports but many times these come with a 6 month validation so you'll want to find out how long it will take..etc.

Visit your portal and regiional forums here on VJ to find other couples who have interviewed with the Embassy you are going through and find out if there are any special requirements when interview time comes.

In India, I know you're going to want to go in very prepared with as much bona-fide evidence as you can. ;)

Other than that, spend as much time as you can with your love and when you can't...stay busy. Talk about your future... shop for things online together... and try to stay as positive as you can. :)

timeline.jpg

Yup, I got my fiancee to do her vaccinations already, I think she only has to do 2 more.

I have all my TAX info from Turbo Tax already from the last 2 years.

But yep, overall just waiting for that Approval NOA2.

It will be a while for that but oh wellz, gotz to keep busy!

Good luck to all!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm sooo jealous :P of the ones of you who get to see and spend time with your fiance before you get the visa.

My fiance tried about four months ago to get his tourist visa and was denied (without them knowing we were engaged). They said he did not have sufficient ties to Colombia. Understandably he is really nervous about getting denied for the fiance visa, and keeps saying "if" we get it not "when". I tried to explain it is completely different, but he still has his trust issues with the US Embassy.

So if I want to see him I have to go to Bogota, and because I am starting a new job and trying to save money, I can't do that. I do however plan on going out there for his interview, even if I have to quit my job right before I go!

9290.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!!! I am so very happy! We just got a confirmation from USPS that the I129F my fiance sent last Tuesday finally arrived at the VSC just today!!! Oh yeah, this is really going somewhere! Glad i made it to the August 2008 filers. :) This is so wonderful, I am so ecstatic I can hardly be still. LOL

Let's hang in there friends. Glad to know I am not alone in this journey. I hoped and pray that the VSC will be whipping up the petitions filed.

God bless everybody. Keep the faith.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Your fiance can look into vaccinations, if any, that she may need before her medical. Those with universal health care will find it much cheaper to get immunized through their primary physician. ;) You can find the updated list of new vaccinations required on the uscis or cdc websites.

I'm having a problem finding a form that lists the required vaccinations.

I looked at an older form in the example forms that someone had uploaded on VisaJourney, but it really looked old.

I went to the the USCIS and CDC site and did some searches but did not find anything that states what is required to enter the USA on a visa.

Im sure it there somewhere and I am just overlooking it.

Would this form also state what else will be looked at during the medical exam?

I would like to give this form to my fiancee so she can take it to her doctor ahead of time to look over before the actual medical for the interview at the embassy.

If someone could post a link, I would appreciate it.

Thank you

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Timeline

Thanks for the link.

I found a lot of information refering to an I-693 form.

I found on this form http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/civil_sur...nstructions.pdf p. 16 to be a list of Vaccinations.

Is this the same list that will be used for the medical?

I just need to find a simple Vaccination Checklist.

Maybe I could just contact the Bulgarian Embassy and ask for a form.

I just want to make sure my fiancee is current on her vaccinations before the medical.

Thank you again for your help.

Timeline

There is a link off of that page but try this... http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

Here is a more detailed list

The following vaccines are given intramuscularly:

• Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and pertussis vaccine (DTP)

• Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis vaccine (DTaP)

• Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids for pediatric use (DT)

• Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids for adult use (Td)

• Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids and acellular pertussis vaccine for adult use (Tdap)

• Inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) - can be given subcutaneously

• Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine (Hib)

• Hepatitis A vaccine (HepA)

• Hepatitis B vaccine (HepB)

• Meningococcal conjugate

• Human papillomavirus (HPV)

• Pneumococcal conjugate (PCV)

• Pneumococcal polysaccharide - can be given subcutaneously

• Trivalent inactivated influenza (TIV)

The following vaccines are given subcutaneously:

• Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR)

• Meningococcal polysaccharide

• Varicella

The I-693 is the newly updated form they will use at AOS. Many of the vaccinations wont even need to be done until then but people will usually save a lot of money having it done by a panel physician overseas than they will a civil surgeon here in the U.S. before adjustment period.

I had Russell have his vaccination record signed at his medical so that he can use it with form I-693 when he is ready to adjust. That way he will not have to have a civil surgeon sign off on it. ;)

timeline.jpg

Timeline
There is a link off of that page but try this... http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

Here is a more detailed list

The following vaccines are given intramuscularly:

• Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and pertussis vaccine (DTP)

• Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis vaccine (DTaP)

• Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids for pediatric use (DT)

• Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids for adult use (Td)

• Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids and acellular pertussis vaccine for adult use (Tdap)

• Inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) - can be given subcutaneously

• Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine (Hib)

• Hepatitis A vaccine (HepA)

• Hepatitis B vaccine (HepB)

• Meningococcal conjugate

• Human papillomavirus (HPV)

• Pneumococcal conjugate (PCV)

• Pneumococcal polysaccharide - can be given subcutaneously

• Trivalent inactivated influenza (TIV)

The following vaccines are given subcutaneously:

• Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR)

• Meningococcal polysaccharide

• Varicella

The I-693 is the newly updated form they will use at AOS. Many of the vaccinations wont even need to be done until then but people will usually save a lot of money having it done by a panel physician overseas than they will a civil surgeon here in the U.S. before adjustment period.

I had Russell have his vaccination record signed at his medical so that he can use it with form I-693 when he is ready to adjust. That way he will not have to have a civil surgeon sign off on it. ;)

Excellent information! :thumbs:

Many Kudos to you!

You Rock! :dance:

Oh my!

I was under the impression that before AOS, I only needed a few vaccinations. The DTaP, Flu, MMR... HVP can be done over there as it's actually cheaper than here, surprisingly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.