MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Maliciant, what kind of medical transcripts are you talking about?

I am still all into figuring out what all I need to take with me to the US, what all needs to be translated, notarized.. which things need and which don't need an apostille, etc.

I know I still don't even have a visa, but... it can't be too early to start gathering the documents. Those things always take forever.

Tax Return Transcripts, it's used for proof of income, your man should definitely have those (you get them for free from the IRS by calling them) as proof of income for the affidavit of support. The medical stuff is seperate, there is a form I-693a that you need, it basically just states what vaccinations you've had and when, it's similar to the DS-3025 which you receive after the medical showing which vaccinations you received (and maybe a bit more about the results of the medical).

As to what to bring, you are moving, any documents that are important in your own country, are important here, get school transcripts, medical records, birth certificates, legal documents (name changes, divorces, etc). The biggest requirements of AOS are going to be from within your passport (copy of the visa, i-94 which you get when you enter the country, etc), just follow the guides on VisaJourney and that should cover most things, look at the example forms answers a few other questions you might hit as you fill up the forms.

Cuchita: Can she work... NOPE. Not without work authorization, I expect that to be three months for EAD, the actual green card... seems like people are getting them anywhere from 3 months (potentially before EAD) to over a year, the official timeline shown on CSC's site says they are working on august filers for AOS... I don't know how accurate that is. I think JFK still gives the temp EAD stamp good for 90 days, I think it'd be awfully difficult to get work doing anything other than temp work with a short work authorization like that. Nice joke, it's a new one to me!

King of 392! I demand more jokes... I just figure that is more likely to succeed than demanding NOA2's and stuff...

Edited by maliciant

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Oh yeah I thought about that too, imagine if he finds the job of his dreams (doub it) and then he has to quit! that will suck!. Well we'll see, and yes at JFK they still stamp the famous EAD for 90 days.

Its only one joke per day okay! sorry.

I gotta go now.

EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND! THIS WILL BE MY LAST LONELY WEEKEND IN MORE THAN A YEAR! wooohooo :dance:

Edited by Cuchita

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

All will be well HD :thumbs: , you will be in our prayers :yes:

I'm back in the bandwagon guys and gals of VJ. Me and daughter's medical was excruciatingly painful and so much a hassle... We had to go there 3 full days and wait for hours to get entertained and interviewed or some procedures done for 3-5 minutes. It's insane and so annoying but I feel so bad for the medical workers there, I couldn't complain. They open at 6am and they close out at 10pm.. No kidding. :(

Still here in Manila and amazingly I was able to reschedule our interview to March 10, tuesday. Please please please pray for me and my daughter.

I have been sad lately because I don't have much time talking to my fiance and all the crappy stuff I have to go through for medical just wore me out and put me in a morose mood.

How's everybody? Freddy, belated happy bday to you and Emilia. Praying for you a lot.

Dani - how's it going?

Mara - finally some word from USCIS eh?

Everyone else - I MISSED YOU!!! So glad to be back.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks everyone. Will go to bed now. Daughter needs momma now after a very looong day!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

HD....still the same i dont get any better....but still alive :)

Cuchita, i wish you all the best in your new life in usa, have a safe flight and God bless you :)

Fredy your time is coming, stay strong, you're the strongest of us, i dont know you so well and how

you cope with all but from what i see you're strong and full with courage :)

Take care all, i'll be hanging around for some time here :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

hey Dani, just curious if you have been making phone calls to follow up on the NOA2?

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

hey Dani, just curious if you have been making phone calls to follow up on the NOA2?

yep, chris is in contact with congressman, senator, ombudsman, they said they will check things for us, give us some time 45 days, 90 days, and such things so we wait now... :unsure: nothing new yet, when we call uscis they tell us they either approve july or june so nothing real from them too

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

I am back in Seattle after a week in Boston.

I was able to call the Embassy again last night, letter requested recently, February 27th. I was asked to check for a VISA on Friday, if not then the following Friday. We just need that letter from the NBI and we're set.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Due to the size of this thread I am closing it (to save some horse power on the server). Please feel free to remake the thread to continue the discussion :). Please post a link to this thread there if you can.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.