MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gemmie - I am there with you. Forgive me for saying this but since I do have the tourist visa, sometimes I would find me kicking myself. I wish I just went ahead and married in KY and just adjust status. Aaron kept telling me we were okay and that always ticks me off. I AM NOT OKAY!!! IF YOU'RE OKAY, THEN I AM NOT!

Then I kick myself again for yelling at him... It's just so complicated. Then i go to work and people from everywhere ask me when we're getting married... Damn! I can't even get past the date of the wedding since I don't have the damn visa yet!

Just venting... :(

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
:whistle: Why I don't have the other nice emoticons everybody here does?

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
is there anything useful i can do with the new case number?

Not sure, I got mine a few days ago too but no use for it at the moment.

Oh - book your medical!!

Feeling real fed up.. people keep asking me if I've gotten my visa now, or when I'll get it, why Bill might not be able to come visit, why he doesn't have a job, why do we have to wait so long, why I can't go to graduation.. (when I explain that I won't have a place to stay, any money, or the patience to add another 2 months to our wait, they just say "... ohhh but it's graduation!")

I've been pretty mean to Bill lately, I shouted at him yesterday and today for no reason at all other than I'm so p$ssed off with everything. He still doesn't have a job, I'm running on empty funds, and the lack of understanding from people is getting to me.

The final straw was someone who applied in DECEMBER telling me that their fiance is moving NEXT WEEK because the US-UK process was so quick. When we sent off for the K1 in August, she bitterly told me that she would be waiting a lot longer than us and didn't offer any congratulations.. now she's all smiles and informing me about how long it took for her.

I was saying to Mara, everytime I leave the US, I wish I'd just stayed and filed for AOS (considering there was no immigrant intent on entry), I've just seen someone else do this. Bill keeps reassuring me that we're doing the right thing by waiting for the K1 but it doesn't feel that way.

Sorry guys, I don't mean to bring you down. You know how it is - 5-6 months of this argggh.

I really hope you get your approvals soon.

I know how you feel Gemma, when we decided to get engaged with Chris people were disapproving bcos i still have 2 years to go at school, they thought oh i wont be able to graduate, maybe we should wait, not hurry all kinds of negative things, people are not always nice especially when they are not in love and dont know whats this feeling like, they cant understand how we really feel and that we all want to live OUR OWN lives, be selective with the people around you, keep only those who are really happy to have you as friend and will be there for good and bad this will help...things will be alright, sometimes we feel in a dark long tunnel but after sometime we understand it had a reason to be like that...dont worry everything will be alright for you, i'm sure...Bill must be very supporting and you will get it thru together, as long as you love each other, Love conquers all, try to relax and find things to enjoy, love sometimes send us tests to try us and see if we deserve it :) hold on there and cry whenever you need its relieving...

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

150 days for me :huh: usually this is when people get approved....i'll start hoping more now :D

:) Keep those hopes up!

I called CSC today, just to see what they would tell me...I mean after an RFE I should have been approved right away right?

If my RFE is anything to go by Marm, you should be receiving the NOA2 any day. I know that seems like a standard reply, but mine took about 2 weeks after I sent the RFE back.

Heres hoping for ya!!!

hEy fellow,

my interview tomorow! pls pray for me!

thanks,

jazz

Good luck Jazz!!! we wait to hear good news !

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Feeling real fed up.. people keep asking me if I've gotten my visa now, or when I'll get it

You know... no one has asked me anything like that now that I have a fairly solid set of dates and plans (which of course can still be shot down by the embassy, the medical, or any number of unlikely but possible problems). Now that I actually have an answer besides probably x months but no gaurentees of anything... I could tell them Feb 17th... but no gaurentees (damn no gaurentees!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
is there anything useful i can do with the new case number?

Not sure, I got mine a few days ago too but no use for it at the moment.

Oh - book your medical!!

Feeling real fed up.. people keep asking me if I've gotten my visa now, or when I'll get it, why Bill might not be able to come visit, why he doesn't have a job, why do we have to wait so long, why I can't go to graduation.. (when I explain that I won't have a place to stay, any money, or the patience to add another 2 months to our wait, they just say "... ohhh but it's graduation!")

I've been pretty mean to Bill lately, I shouted at him yesterday and today for no reason at all other than I'm so p$ssed off with everything. He still doesn't have a job, I'm running on empty funds, and the lack of understanding from people is getting to me.

The final straw was someone who applied in DECEMBER telling me that their fiance is moving NEXT WEEK because the US-UK process was so quick. When we sent off for the K1 in August, she bitterly told me that she would be waiting a lot longer than us and didn't offer any congratulations.. now she's all smiles and informing me about how long it took for her.

I was saying to Mara, everytime I leave the US, I wish I'd just stayed and filed for AOS (considering there was no immigrant intent on entry), I've just seen someone else do this. Bill keeps reassuring me that we're doing the right thing by waiting for the K1 but it doesn't feel that way.

Sorry guys, I don't mean to bring you down. You know how it is - 5-6 months of this argggh.

I really hope you get your approvals soon.

I am in the exact same boat.

I put a reply on the Australian Thread yesterday instructing someone who applied in October what they need to do now that they have recieved their NOA2, my blood just boils because they haven't even bothered to go about figuring this out already, they aren't prepared, and they have their notice, they will have their visa by the end of Feb and I will get to watch them put up the "im heading to the US" post 4 months into the process.

Everyone I work with, friends, family, people in our guild online ask me every other day when Im getting my visa, when im moving, when im coming home, when they get to start calling me a yankie, its driving me batty, I keep saying I hope to be home in March, but each day this NOA2 doesn't show makes me think thats not the case. Now im starting to think April... Chris is booking our reception venue for the 22nd of August this year, now im just starting to hope that I will be in by June, I suppose at least then Ill be getting married at a wedding ceremony rather then a court house first...

I plan to pack up and move the week or fortnight after my visa is approved, I just this is the only advantage I have over poor Gemmie's frustrations.

But each time I read posts here that aren't in this forum I start to get horrid ideas in my head about how we are going to end up like poor sara and just never get our NOA2, or like the people who get stuck in AP, or denied at the interview and it makes me more depressed and annoyed, to top it off the lack of a car where i live has turned me into a hermit so I now feel like i dont belong here, something thats just making it harder.

And now I am off to work in a job that I hate because I dont really know how long ill be here, and if its only the couple more months I am hoping finding a decent one isnt really going to work or help..... another thing thats adding to my frustration.

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
:mellow: what can i say.........just that everything is going to be fine one day.......stay strong, hugs to all...we are women and we are stronger... Edited by Dani^Chris Perry
as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
:mellow: what can i say.........just that everything is going to be fine one day.......stay strong, hugs to all...we are women and we are stronger...

I agree we are stronger, but right now I dont feel in charge of my life, i feel like a pawn in somebody else's game, how is it fair that they treat us this way?

This tread should be full of Packet discussion and interview talk by now, but August seems to have been hung out to dry.

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
This tread should be full of Packet discussion and interview talk by now, but August seems to have been hung out to dry.

It's kind of weird for anyone to talk too much about it because so many august filers are still waiting, it's like flaunting it in your face, so most everyone who is beyond the NOA2 point is pretty much not talking about it that much... except me, I'm crude, crass, and have no respect for other peoples feelings... that and I think while I was still waiting on a NOA2 I looked forward to reading about the next steps... sure you can read them elsewhere but august are the people I pay attention to... of course the steps after NOA2 tend to depend on the country (only the fact it goes to NVC remains the same... what happens from there is potentially very different). Of course that also means most people who didn't actively look for the information have no idea what the heck to do once they do finally get the NOA2 because there are 20 or so different procedures depending on the embassy... they all follow similar processes... but the details are often a lot different...

Waiting sucks... and this is the worst thing to have to wait for... but here we are... I'm personally almost done I think, it's my fiancees turn to hurry up and do things, it's a little weird now because it's like the burden of news about the process has moved from me to her, and even though there is all kinds of steps to take now... I'm just on the sideline... one week until she expects to do her medical, I'm hoping that goes smoothly (I'm afraid of a TB result of some kind since it seems pretty common in the philippines).

So I got "touched" today...I don't know whether it is because I called yesterday or whether it is because I may get my NOA2 today or tomorrow....this is so frustrating, but thank you for all of your support everyone...all of us that are still waiting our NOA2s, we are in this together!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think that's your approval MARM.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
So I got "touched" today...I don't know whether it is because I called yesterday or whether it is because I may get my NOA2 today or tomorrow....this is so frustrating, but thank you for all of your support everyone...all of us that are still waiting our NOA2s, we are in this together!

when you call and speak to customer sevice, they don't touch because they don't have your actual file, so i am pretty sure it's the officer that is touching it, so your NOA2 is coming!! :thumbs:

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Happy Dancer, I know how you feel when people starts asking when are you getting married and you dont even know that! It also happens to me all the time, the only thing I can say is SOON, I know I will be getting married really soon, on the next few months we all be happilly married:) So please hang on, we are really closer!

Marm, that touch means you are getting your NOA2 so soon!!!!!!!!!!!!! hang on there!!!! :)

Dani, you are right about June! I got engaged on June 26! it was one of the best days of my life :blush:(L)

I had a normal they at work, thinking all day on how much I want to get my NOA2... so I can beging making plans with my babe .... oh well, I know this is what everybody wants at this forum hehehe..... AHHHHHHHHHHH I want my approval so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We still have chance to get our NOA2 tomorrow, on this week!:)

:star:

Mia

Edited by Noa&Mia

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wanted to report for those keeping track of timelines that my case arrived at the NVC on the 13th and was sent to the UK on the 14th. I have talked to the people at the NVC twice and am happy to report they are much, much more polite than the VSC. Hopefully everyone still waiting for their NOA2 will be getting approvals soon, I mean more than enough time has passed. Then hopefully things will move faster for everyone. My sweetheart and I are rushing like crazy to get the final touches on the paperwork done for the next step. I am still praying for everyone and wishing everyone waiting kindness and hope. :star:

Timeline

09/12/2004 met him in England

01/01/2008 Engaged

08/07/2008 sent I-129F

08/12/2008 I-129F received at VSC

08/14/2008 NOA1

01/08/2009 NOA2

01/13/2009 NVC received

01/14/2009 received hardcopy NOA2

01/14/2009 NVC sent package to UK embassy

01/28/2009 received packet 3

02/04/2009 sent back packet 3

02/13/2009 medical

03/25/2009 interview Approved

We have had 12 visits since 2004

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.