MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Unfortunately not. Don't worry, VSC tends to be a little slower on NOA1's. But as soon as you get it they are faster on NOA2 than where I am at, CSC. So just hang in there, you will get your notification soon.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh*

Labor Day weekend is coming up which means we'll be waiting until Tuesday to see if our NOA1 has come yet making it 3 weeks. :( I know Vermont has been taking a long time lately but it seems everyone who filed before and after (except Shanira) has recieved it, making me worry.

Maybe we are just unlucky, i heard of people they actually never got a NOA1, but they got a NOA2..

I also read about people that got their NOA1 after 2 months.. Ya I read it to calm myself down here in VJ lol..

But i'm just as worry as you, if not more, you are not the only one, and i must admit Gemmie that it's calming me a little bit down that i'm not the only one either.

- We are waiting together. :)

Aww thank you, it is really helping to know that I'm not the only one. I see you sent your packet off at the end of July!! Hopefully you'll get yours ASAP.

We're in this together. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Unfortunately not. Don't worry, VSC tends to be a little slower on NOA1's. But as soon as you get it they are faster on NOA2 than where I am at, CSC. So just hang in there, you will get your notification soon.

Awww thank you so much for the words of encouragement. It's more painful when it involves someone you love. It's also makes it harder when you know that this application lies on the hands of other people... Chin up now... :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Awww thank you so much for the words of encouragement. It's more painful when it involves someone you love. It's also makes it harder when you know that this application lies on the hands of other people... Chin up now... :)

I can relate to you completely. Its not easy to rely on a stranger to handle something as important as this.

I also agree with SoInLove16. From what i have read VSC is a bit slower on the NOA1s compared to CSC.

Im sure yours will be arriving soon.

take care

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Hello, everyone!!

I also filed in August! :)

I sent my petition on August 22, it arrived at VCS August 23. My check was cash August 25 and cleared August 27. Today I received my first N.O.A by mail dated August 25!!! :dance:

Now comes the waiting!!!

Good luck to Everyone!!!!!

8/22/08 I-129F sent to VSC

8/23/08 I-129F arrived at VSC

8/25/08 NOA1

1/21/09 NOA2

2/11/09 Medical Passed!!

2/23/09 Interview Passed!!

3/2/09 Visa Recieved!!

3/7/09 Arrive in U.S.A!!!

5/3/09 Married!!!!!!!

Timeline
Hello, everyone!!

I sent my petition on August 22, it arrived at VCS August 23. My check was cash August 25 and cleared August 27. Today I received my first N.O.A by mail dated August 25!!! :dance:

Now comes the waiting!!!

Congratulations on receiving your NOA1 in the mail.

:dance:

Welcome to the August filers!

I wish you a speedy and error free Visa Journey :thumbs:

Take care

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can relate to you completely. Its not easy to rely on a stranger to handle something as important as this.

I also agree with SoInLove16. From what i have read VSC is a bit slower on the NOA1s compared to CSC.

Im sure yours will be arriving soon.

take care

WOOOHOOOO!!!! Everybody! Check out my Timeline! I just posted earlier this afternoon and my fiance and I were just talking about how slow things were going... And then I get a text message from my fiance that says: "Receipt number: EAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX" Oohhh... It felt like heaven after that. God loves me! I am so happy. And yes... the waiting is getting more and more exciting!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline
WOOOHOOOO!!!! Everybody! Check out my Timeline! I just posted earlier this afternoon and my fiance and I were just talking about how slow things were going... And then I get a text message from my fiance that says: "Receipt number: EAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX" Oohhh... It felt like heaven after that. God loves me! I am so happy. And yes... the waiting is getting more and more exciting!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congratulations to you on your wonderful news!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

I remember the surprise and happiness when we received ours in the mail!

Your official now! :thumbs:

Hello, everyone!!

Now comes the waiting!!!

Congratulations on receiving your NOA1 in the mail.

:dance:

Welcome to the August filers!

I wish you a speedy and error free Visa Journey :thumbs:

Take care

Thanks for the welcome!!!! :)

8/22/08 I-129F sent to VSC

8/23/08 I-129F arrived at VSC

8/25/08 NOA1

1/21/09 NOA2

2/11/09 Medical Passed!!

2/23/09 Interview Passed!!

3/2/09 Visa Recieved!!

3/7/09 Arrive in U.S.A!!!

5/3/09 Married!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

alright! i'm ready to do this!

we sent our I-129f on monday. it is now in their hands and now we just wait.

i have a question though...i did not have a notary sign my I-129f. is this going to cause problems? i see some people did!

good luck, everyone! my prayers are with us all!

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Morning/afternoon August :D !

Just making a stop to wish you a wonderful weekend!

Congratulations to Dispozo and Kamz !!!!!!!

~Louise

Hang in there sweetie!!! Your NOA1 is coming :yes: ….

2008-05-06 I-129F sent

2008-05-10 Delivered to NVC 3:12pm

2008-05-20 NOA1

2008-05-23 Touched

2008-06-26 Touched

2008-06-27 Touched

2008-09-07 NOA2

2008-09-11 Received at NVC

2008-09-12 Left NVC

2008-09-18 Consulate received

2008-09-25 Pkt3 Received

2008-09-28 Pkt3 Returned

2008-09-30 Pkt4 Received

2008-10-09 Interview

2008-10-13 Medical

2008-10-24 Visa Received

2008-10-30 Fying home to my Jonathan

You're not going to believe this.

Last night while complaining that we hadn't gotten our NOA1 yet to my fiancee, he said "are you sure this receipt isn't it?" He had told me before that he recieved a receipt for the cash being checked, is all. I asked "what EXACTLY does it say?" to which he responded "Notice of Action.."

:huh:

ARE YOU KIDDING?

That was pretty much my reaction. He said that he had thought the NOA stood for "Notice of acceptance" so didn't pay any attention to the small print at the top.

The date we got this was on the 14th, over 2 weeks ago!! So he had this in his posession for over 2 weeks and didn't think to properly look at this and think 'hmmm I wonder if this IS it'... the check wasn't even cashed until the 19th so I don't know what he was thinking.

:bonk::lol::bonk:

Dummy fiancee!

alright! i'm ready to do this!

we sent our I-129f on monday. it is now in their hands and now we just wait.

i have a question though...i did not have a notary sign my I-129f. is this going to cause problems? i see some people did!

good luck, everyone! my prayers are with us all!

Good luck! We had a notary for our letters of intent but nothing else.

Edited by Gemmie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
You're not going to believe this.

Last night while complaining that we hadn't gotten our NOA1 yet to my fiancee, he said "are you sure this receipt isn't it?" He had told me before that he recieved a receipt for the cash being checked, is all. I asked "what EXACTLY does it say?" to which he responded "Notice of Action.."

:huh:

ARE YOU KIDDING?

That was pretty much my reaction. He said that he had thought the NOA stood for "Notice of acceptance" so didn't pay any attention to the small print at the top.

The date we got this was on the 14th, over 2 weeks ago!! So he had this in his posession for over 2 weeks and didn't think to properly look at this and think 'hmmm I wonder if this IS it'... the check wasn't even cashed until the 19th so I don't know what he was thinking.

:bonk::lol::bonk:

Dummy fiancee!

I'd make a mental note to yourself at this point that come your wedding day forward, you control the checkbook. :)

Timeline

04-21-2008 - Wrote to each other for the first time

07-22-2008 - Met in Bangalore

07-30-2008 - Got engaged

08-05-2008 - Mailed I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition to VSC

08-06-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition received by VSC

08-13-2008 - Check cased

08-18-2008 - NOA1 received

08-18-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition "Touched"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Gemmie, that is so nice!

Congratulations, im very happy for you.

Now im just waiting alone, my fiance will call them on Tuesday and hopefully we find out what is happening, its been 1 month now :s.

Alexandria - Thank you so much :luv:

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.